Thoughts on Bordy so far

voth26

Much better performance from Bordy last night, he should have been more effective in Nottingham, l guess last night helps some decide his role and effectiveness. The real test will be coming soon, from last night l don't believe it'll be much of a test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
is that a positive assessment from you I hear lol

JT666

I sit in Block 9, just above and behind the benches, and you can see from there what a team player Bordeleau is already. I also thought his goal not only lifted his game, but was also masssively popular with his team mates and the crowd alike. Looks like a real character and hard as nails as well.

A note (and warning!) though to whoever is responsible for the excellent pre-game video. Bordeleau watched the whole thing last night, and it probably didn't go unnoticed that his name doesn't show up when it runs through our squad numbers in the locker room. To quote some of the crowd last night, "Bordy's gonna get you" if it isn't sorted PDQ!

Cast your minds back 7yrs or so when a certain Brad Voth played his first game for us, I remember devils fans coming out with comments like he's skates like bambi on ice, waste of an import slot, cant fight etc and we all know how Vother turned out for the Devils. Bordy will be just fine for us, clearly he needs a few games to get up to speed, and judging by last nights game it doesn't appear that it's going to take to long, but patience is the key. As the saying goes slowly slowly catch the monkey, I don't care what any other team's fans think or say about Bordy, the fact their talking and in some cases trashing him tells me that their kind of worried about what he's going to do when he's fully up to speed!!
To be fair most werent criticising Voth... we had Darby to criticise. One of a select few players you were happy to see in the penalty box as he did less damage there than on the ice.

voth26

To be fair most werent criticising Voth... we had Darby to criticise. One of a select few players you were happy to see in the penalty box as he did less damage there than on the ice.
Im talking early Voth days, before the likes of Darby

Im talking early Voth days, before the likes of Darby
They started the same time. I remember as I won a pair of signed pucks from our new players in the quiz, and they ate signed by Brad and Darby. Needless to say the darby one does not have pride of place.

Wannabe2

I liked Darby myself, tough cookie always stood up for his team mates, and along with Voth and Patterson we had a tough team. Darby must have been doing something right as Steelers couldn't wait to sign him.

Regan Darby was my fav player back then. Also when he beat graham Belak at the sky dome :) one thing was though he didn't improve where vother did that's the difference.

Foxy

Ok so whats peoples opinion now. For me enough is enough. Time for an upgrade. Ive been waiting for the other skills to kick in but i dont think they're coming

Sheincar

Not impressed TBH. His play's not great & if, as I've heard, his hand is injured he won't be fighting either. In which case, what's the point?

Wannabe2

God we are top of the league with a 3,000 capacity, and still people moan moan moan our skilled players have the freedom of feeling someone is watching my back, if it ain't Bowns, it's the D, if it ain't the D it's the forwards not scoring, if it ain't any of them it's the officials, looks like us fans are next in the firing lin

E.D.S.

People... please only write nice, positive things. Your opinions are not welcome....

I'm not hugely impressed but I do like his energy and he does seem committed to the cause. Disappointing if injury is holding him back but I guess that's just one of those things. Imagine how frustrating it must be for him. Good presence on the ice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion bordy is doing fine, should get more ice time if anything. If you ask every other player on the roster bet they love having him here, knowing they can play knowing someone got there back. In some games against us this season I've never seen keefe, Nickerson, Fitzgerald etc so quiet & that's mainly down to bordy being there imo. Also he would be one of the first people I'd sign back next season, just my opinion. Seems to be very good with the guys & seems like he's enjoying it so long may it continue:).

Sheincar

God we are top of the league with a 3,000 capacity, and still people moan moan moan our skilled players have the freedom of feeling someone is watching my back, if it ain't Bowns, it's the D, if it ain't the D it's the forwards not scoring, if it ain't any of them it's the officials, looks like us fans are next in the firing lin
And if his hand is a problem, watching your back is about all he's going to do. Yes he looks like he's enjoying being here; he's good with fans & seems to be a good team guy BUT is that enough?