The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Thread starter #263
MikeRichards18 said:
cindy?.....fight?....i have to see this....though im not expect much, just a shirt tugging contest probably.
It was a bit like the /ference fight last year, can't really be called a fight, no punching anyone in the balls this time unfortunately ;) .

i'd say pens are pretty much in, though i would love to be wrong :D
I hope the panthers beat the rangers in the race for the play-offs, and we have a big say in that as we play them twice in our last 4 games. :twisted:

MikeRichards18 said:
I hope the panthers beat the rangers in the race for the play-offs, and we have a big say in that as we play them twice in our last 4 games. :twisted:
Well Pens won 6-4 so we have a playoff spot now yay lol

Hurricanes 9-0 NYI wow thats not a game lol

Thread starter #267
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
MikeRichards18 said:

Didn't the 'Canes have a huge win like this already this year with Staal picking up 4 goals? They are really peaking right before the play-off, they could be the sleeper club from the East that could go all the way.

Pens threw away a 4 or 5 goal lead in the third period! Brutal!

Iceraider said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
MikeRichards18 said:

Didn't the 'Canes have a huge win like this already this year with Staal picking up 4 goals? They are really peaking right before the play-off, they could be the sleeper club from the East that could go all the way.

Pens threw away a 4 or 5 goal lead in the third period! Brutal!
yes they did i believe it was also a 9-0 win, Staal got 4 goals 2 assist in that game and this game he got 3 and 1, they do look a really good team atm and would be a great outside bet for the cup

West:

1.San Jose v 8.St Louis
2.Detroit v 7.Anahiem
3.Calgary v 6.Columbus
4.Chicago v 5.Vancouver

East

1.Boston v 8.New York Rangers
2.Washington v 7.Montreal
3.New Jersey v 6.Pittsburgh
4.Philadelphia v 5.Carolina

as it stands at the moment,

TheStub

What the hell has happened to the Devils?

It is like they have forgotten how to finish. Not sure we can beat the Pens playing like this.

TheStub said:
What the hell has happened to the Devils?

It is like they have forgotten how to finish. Not sure we can beat the Pens playing like this.
at the moment i would prefer to play the Devils, over 7 games i dont think we would beat the Capitals or the Canes, V Flyers would make it a great series but i would rather wait to play them laster on into the playoffs

That last Devils game was shocking. Outshot them 48-18 and lost 1-4. That's crazy.

Hopefully they'll wrap up the division title tonight, and then win again this weekend to at least carry some momentum into the play-offs.

yeah, devils have been stuttering for awhile now....not ideal to go into the play-offs playing like they have done.
Would like to stay in 4th and play the canes first (even though they are playing really well) rather than the pens. And if all goes to plan the panthers will knick 8th and the rangers dont make it :D

Rangers and Montreal both clinched a playoffs spot last night as they both picked up at least a point,

Only 3 teams left to get the last 2 spots in west are Ducks with 88 points St Louis 88 points and Nashville 88 points
The wild have 2 games left (1 being tonight V Nashville) and can still make the playoffs with 85 points at the moment but cant see them making it
Nashvilles last game is Wild tonight and St Louis and Ducks both have 2 games left

Hi guys, I am just wondering how to get my ratio up on the torrent site.
I've dowloaded stuff and once it's finished it says seeding but my ratio is still the same.

also I have some trouble watching some of the torrents, any ideas of what programme to use?
thanks in advance, Scotty

TheStub

Ok... this is a long and detailed topic, and there is probably a lot that you can read on the tracker site.

I am assuming you are using NHLTorrents.

Firstly, you have opened the ports on your router? You Bit torrent client needs to report back what you upload.

That said, are you uploading? What does your computer think you've given back?

Also, NHLTorrents does a god send of a system called 'seed bonus'. You should get a point of seed bonus for every hour you seed torrents. You can then trade this for Gb of uploads. They understand that many torrents die quickly, and it is hard to maintain a good ratio.

If you know you are seeding, and you are not getting any seed bonus, or showing any increase in upload I would suspect ports.

Read the FAQ on the site - there is loads of really detailed stuff there.

I seed a load, and get a bit of upload. However, on everything apart from the Elite torrents, I rarely get a ration of 1, so I tend to rely on the seed bonus. I think they are happy if people make the torrents available until they are no longer wanted.

cannucks went on a great streak to get into the play-offs but i do think the blues will be a very tricky team to beat. Looking forward to our 1st round series vs the pens and in my opinion its very very hard to pick a winner between the two despite the flyers not playing very well at the end of the regular season.
GO FLYERS!!!

TheStub

I'm eyeing those Pens v Fliers games - they should be explosive. I also notice I can get them in HD. So, as long as I avoid you guys chatting about them - should be great to watch ;)

Canes v Devils should be interesting. Devils seem to be coming back a bit. Hopefully we can find our stride again going into the series, but we have struggled against the Canes all season. Ok, we beast them on Saturday - but Ward was on the bench, and we got two goals from freaky board bounces.

Lets go Devils :D