Summit Sunday 2023 - Dedicated thread

E.D.S.

But let’s be honest we pretty much know what the lines are going to be to start the season. They obviously might change as the season goes on but Cox, Martin, Sanford will start the season together. Ully and Arniel will start together and Waller and Busch will start together. So with Steve King confirming tonight that he sees Barrow on the Ully, Arniel line it’s just a 3rd line RW by the looks of it.

I think we're saying the same thing. They may start together but it may not/probably won't end up that way.

Mooney#16

The dream ticket now is 3 more import D and one more import winger. Ben Davies on the 4th. I don’t buy delaying announcing your third line winger so I’m calling poker on the Barrow to first line. If there is going to be a utility import I’d like to hope it’s Mosey with Crawford and another rock on D.

My ambition might out stretch my budget however but would have a damn good go at the league title.

Have faith with Ben D. His announcement deserves a spotlight!

Michel16

The dream ticket now is 3 more import D and one more import winger. Ben Davies on the 4th. I don’t buy delaying announcing your third line winger so I’m calling poker on the Barrow to first line. If there is going to be a utility import I’d like to hope it’s Mosey with Crawford and another rock on D.

My ambition might out stretch my budget however but would have a damn good go at the league title.

3 more import d men? We already got 4 d men signed already?

Mooney#16

If we go with 7 D, one of them being Mosey then you have flex all over the line up. Mosey and Batchy can play forward and D so you could manipulate your line up to the opposition and cover injuries very easily. My slant on it anyway.

You could go 4 import 2 Brits or 5 imports 1 Brit. You go 4 and 2 then Mosey could play up as forward and overload the offence with Duggy sitting. If playing someone more offensive perhaps go 5 and 1 and Duggan plays. That assumes all are fit and healthy which doesn’t usually happen beyond first week of season.

Michel16

Do people think Cody donaghey is Crawfords replacement? Or do people expect Crawford to be back aswell? Wishful thinking but I hope the d lines up like this

Rymsha - Crawford
Jardine - Richardson
Batch - donaghey.

That would be a very strong d core imo.

voth26

I think that we're definitely better than last season, but barrow is a question mark, and it remains to be seen if the third line will have the elements it needs. I'm not convinced about how we match up to Belfast, but booth has the potential to be the best goalie in the league.

It's noticeable how much younger the team is though, and that can only be a good thing.
Out of curiosity why do you think Barrow is a question mark? I'm sure Russell will have done his due diligence, is it because he played for the storm last season?

moggy#9

Out of curiosity why do you think Barrow is a question mark? I'm sure Russell will have done his due diligence, is it because he played for the storm last season?
Partially, but also his relative lack of pro experience. I'd felt that his size and speed would complement Waller. For a top 6 player I feel you need guys who are used being leaders and dealing with clutch situations. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but for me he's a question mark on the top 6.

moggy#9

Do people think Cody donaghey is Crawfords replacement? Or do people expect Crawford to be back aswell? Wishful thinking but I hope the d lines up like this

Rymsha - Crawford
Jardine - Richardson
Batch - donaghey.

That would be a very strong d core imo.
I can't see that donaghey is a 3rd line player. They suggested he'd be running the pp and they said he was essentially a Gleason Fourier alternative.

jenks33

I think you might be right regarding calling poker on the Barrow to first line. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve left that first line RW until last. Steve did suggest Barrow will be on that Ully, Arniel line but we’ll see.

Devils86

By the way another tip of the hat to the UK Ice Hockey Rumours account on twitter. They called all of tonight’s signings yonks ago
Given the Devils plugged the 'Jenks' gap with the social media following (or did for the most part, think only River's GF broke thus far?) I would be interested to know what TK and the rest of the Devils think of the leak in the building...

voth26

I have a question, I know Belfast had a hell of a season last year BUT I don't get the constant reference to them regarding the players we've signed, they've lost quite a few of their impact/points scorers from last years team. With all respect to Dupont we have much better coaching team with Russell and King, a coach who has won previously and is experienced. Personally I think we're paying to much respect to the giants and little to our own team, just my thoughts

voth26

Partially, but also his relative lack of pro experience. I'd felt that his size and speed would complement Waller. For a top 6 player I feel you need guys who are used being leaders and dealing with clutch situations. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but for me he's a question mark on the top 6.
Oh ok thanks for the polite reply

Finny

Given the Devils plugged the 'Jenks' gap with the social media following (or did for the most part, think only River's GF broke thus far?) I would be interested to know what TK and the rest of the Devils think of the leak in the building...
I don’t think it’s a leak in the building. They’re getting a lot of signings right across the league.
So it’s someone connected to the whole league. Possible a member of one of the agent groups the clubs deal with?

There was previously someone who worked in the government’s work permit department who would leak signings. Could be something similar.