Steelers vs Devils Saturday 18th 7pm. Chat/Updates

In reply to every thing that has been said i think we definately need to replace hinks with a decent goalscorer which will be hard to come buy this time of the year! IN regards to adams being sacked i think that will do more harm than good! I think what would be the ideal for the team and the club is for an experienced coach to come in and help G out a bit with man-management, tactics before and during games!
Please dont have a go at me finny!! :D

Finny

Ugly Betty said:
respect your opinion Finny, however it looks like some of us may have different ones. Lets not resort to insults though. Everyone wants this club to succeed and a lot of us are pretty frustrated with the current situation. :roll:
I wasn't the one who started the insults. I've probably started insulting people who haven't insulted me directly - but I feel they've insulted the intelligence of most Devils fans. Clearly though people think they can say what they want and still be untouchable. Well they can't.

Am I happy about losing games? Of course not. It peesses me off and spoils my night. But I'm not blinkered enough to think that we should win every game.

Last week we had tough fixtures and I felt we would do well to get any points out of it. We got a point and deserved more. I was proud of the team at the end of sunday night.

This weekend we again have a very tough set of fixtures and would do well to get any points with a full side. We don't have a full side and if we get anything out of tomorrow we will have exceeded my expectations.

The coach is not the problem and sacking him is not the solution.

Finny said:
Whoops. Sorry. Forgot the #1 rule on Devils forums.

Slag off players and coaches all you want. But face the wrath of the keyboard warriors if you dare criticise the fans. :D

I bet you were all calling for Dave Jones' head too last season. And we got to the FA Cup Final.
Or maybe at the start of this season. And now we're 4th in the league and looking good.

Bunch of clueless idiots.
Pot kettle black :roll:

Finny

El Supremo said:
Finny said:
El Supremo said:
I doubt that.
Whereas I KNOW I'm right.
Hey, it's not cool to quote a post that I deleted a few seconds after I posted it. I thought it was best that I'd bite my tongue. :geek:
I quoted it before you replied. I'm hardly going to go to the effort or recreating a deleted post. Of course, the fact that you have now re-quoted the post does make it look even worse....... :eek:

Hey guys - this is getting more heated and passionate than the hockey I've seen lately... but I for one don't the like personal abuse flying around here....

Yes everyone is frustrated - the fans, players, coach and management! I don't believe that sacking G would make that much difference in fact it would be very detrimental to the cause IMO. I'm not too sure that sacking Hinks would make a great deal of difference. Last season saw an enormous turnaround in Sly's abilities when given 2 weeks notice.

What changes can be made without causing upheaval? Most of the changes required are obviously in the mindset of the players.... a new "program" needs to be inserted :)

Although how do you give this team constructive criticism without getting passionate?

Finny said:
Ugly Betty said:
respect your opinion Finny, however it looks like some of us may have different ones. Lets not resort to insults though. Everyone wants this club to succeed and a lot of us are pretty frustrated with the current situation. :roll:
I wasn't the one who started the insults. I've probably started insulting people who haven't insulted me directly - but I feel they've insulted the intelligence of most Devils fans. Clearly though people think they can say what they want and still be untouchable. Well they can't.

Am I happy about losing games? Of course not. It peesses me off and spoils my night. But I'm not blinkered enough to think that we should win every game.

Last week we had tough fixtures and I felt we would do well to get any points out of it. We got a point and deserved more. I was proud of the team at the end of sunday night.

This weekend we again have a very tough set of fixtures and would do well to get any points with a full side. We don't have a full side and if we get anything out of tomorrow we will have exceeded my expectations.

The coach is not the problem and sacking him is not the solution.
Why have they insulted the intelligence of Devils fans? because they have a different opinion to yourself and dont feel Adams is the right man for the job and they mabe dont rate some players as highly as you?
I feel its a tough league but we have to start winning!!! Every weekend is potentially tough but we cannot make excuses every week.

Finny

Reggie Dunlop said:
Although how do you give this team constructive criticism without getting passionate?
By giving reasoned replies.

E.g.: Andersson was good on the PP, but struggled with his transition from defence to attack. Tyson was very good at this and I feel will improve us as a team.

Hinks does pass the puck well but not enough for what should be our premier forward. He is not contriburing enough in terms as goals and IMO seems to go missing when we most need our "star forward". His best years are behind him and I feel he is struggling physically - I believe a younger and hungrier player would be better value for money for us as a team.

Maybe it would be better to be an import down and just drop Hinks. Would certainly show the rest of the team that Gerad means business. Would be a risk of course as it depends on how long it takes Gerad to get a replacement, but with teplitsky in i dn't think Hinks would be missed much. Gerad could even lace up himself.

I think it all boil's down to the fact that all Cardiff Devils fans are very passionate about our club and always will be, we had seasons in the early days where we we're virtually untouchable and won everything in sight -the last ten years have been a bit lean to say the least and we have won only a couple of trophies but the hardcore of fans who have seen that success are still watching the Devils and still demand more, this club deserves better IMHO.

If people in general were asked about ice hockey in Britain i reckon the name of three teams would crop up more than any other Sheffield, Nottingham and the Cardiff Devils! the banners hanging from the temporary rafters at the tent speak volumes, we used to be a team of winners and that is what Cardiff fans expect this season.

I do have to agree with a lot of what Finny and Reggie have been saying on this thread. Some fans don't half over-react to what is going on - I have said for years now that us Devils fans are the most fickle in the league....we almost demand success straight away, and a lot of fans base everything on results only - without looking in the the game itself in more depth.

Someone asked to see good entertaining hockey - well I would say that the game last Sunday against Belfast was a brilliant game of hockey played by both teams - unfortunately we lost on the lottery of penalty shots, but the game itself was highly entertaining, and one that I thought we deserved to win.

I hate it when people compare this team with a Devils team of the past - our most glorious past was when we were probably the team that spent the most on player wages, had one of the best rinks in the league and so we would expect to be top dog in the world of ice hockey - we are no-way near that anymore, but I would still say that we have outpunched our weight for the majority of the recent seasons (injuries apart).

And I cringe when I hear fans asking to bring back previous coaches - that then totally dis-credits their thoughts and opinions in my book - they are making an argument based on emotions as opposed to being realistic. I loved JL, but the idea of him coming back and coaching is quite frankly laughable...and please do not get me started in the Ed P side of things...

It cracks me up when some fans come out with statements along the lines of "I won't be back watching them until we start to win some games and play entertaining hockey" - jeez, that sort of attitude just really winds me up...

I am 100% sure that no-one will be more unhappy with the results lately than G himself. He knows things need to improve, and he will work as hard as anyone to get things right. It is still very very early in the season, we have a long way to go yet...so I for one am looking forward to seeing the team play and I will be supporting them every weekend no matter.

It seems we have an issue with not scoring enough goals lately. G is not stupid, he doesn't need to be told where we are lacking - our jobs should be to support the Cardiff Devils, and hopefully results will start to align themselves with the efforts that are being put it to make things right on the ice.

No doubt though the if we start winning a few games the "moaners" on here will find something else to have a dig at - we've not mentioned anything about the intro lately, maybe that topic will re-surface if we start winning...after all, we gott have something to moan about at all times eh?

For a while there I thought I'd accidently clicked on the Elite forum link instead of the Inferno.

There was me thinking that this forum was for reasoned and intelligent debate, but apparently not. Why is it that things have to degenerate into a slagging match when anyone makes a negative comment about anything.

OK, we all know the team are playing crap and things need to change but please lets not turn this into an all out childish bickering match.

Nitra said:
For a while there I thought I'd accidently clicked on the Elite forum link instead of the Inferno.

There was me thinking that this forum was for reasoned and intelligent debate, but apparently not. Why is it that things have to degenerate into a slagging match when anyone makes a negative comment about anything.

OK, we all know the team are playing crap and things need to change but please lets not turn this into an all out childish bickering match.
Top Post! As Nitra said guys, this is a forum for people to have a discussion about the devils and hockey in general, whether the team are winning or losing. This isn't a forum for slanging matches! If you want slanging matches then may I suggest going back to the elite forum. This forum is for reasoned debate. If anyone has a problem with that, please feel free to pm me.

Sliput

I would just like to echo everything Dwoods has said as it is spot on !!

The past is called the past for a reason.....its in the past.I dont expect us to win anything this season,be good if we could,but for me this season is a brand new season,we have left behind a lot of things and need to start building again.Yes i know much of the playing and coaching staff is he same but G has a different perspective now being just a coach,he cant influence games from on the ice like he used to,he has to rely on his team for that.
There may be a couple of ''not good enoughs'' on the team...there may be a couple of ''hmm where ars the goals going to come from'' issues BUT and its a big but,we all have to be patient.Rome wasnt built in a day and the Devils wont be built in a season.

I for one have complete faith in Gerad and honestly believe getting rid of him would set us back bigtime.There is absolutely nothing we can do to help or hinder the Devils with our opinions/thoughts but staying positive builds upwards.