Steelers vs Devils Saturday 18th 7pm. Chat/Updates

Kipper

Where did people check their brains in?

What did Whis ever win in Cardiff?

Players wouldn't have played for Ed Patterson for whatever reason.

Take off the old rose-tinted.

Aubry should have been sacked last week-bring back Cugnet. All of a sudden Aubs is standing on his head.Where have his critics gone? Speak up!!

G has moved quickly to bring in Teplitsky. Who's complaining about that. Who thinks G shouldn't have signed Latullipe, Campbell,Prpich,Hartwick,McIver?

We all know Hinks has been crap but his pedigree was sound.He'll be gone soon.

We are a low budget team and people need to accept that. We competed very well in both games against Belfast last week.People need to wise up and accept where we are in the evolutionary process.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #142
So....A 400mile round trip, 6 hours on the road.

Can the club re-imburse me for the costs please?

I guess i'll just go through some of the players...

Aubry - Christ. What exactly is he upto, he doesn't look half as good as I remember him, his suicide pass infront of the net that resulted in the penalty shot was shocking. The only reason we didn't lose by more goals is because of the defence, the number of times the puck was cleared off the line by Maciver, Hartwick and Jarvis was unreal. Could've easily been 4/5-0 in the 2nd period if not for the defence. Rebound after rebound after bloody rebound. Plan of action seems to be, rebound the puck then either A) Save it or B) Don't save it.

Hinks - As everyone has been saying for a while, what exactly is he bringing to our team? Notable by his absense on the ice, he's just not contributing, for a 1st line centre it's a disappointment of epic proportions.

Silverthorn - A player Adams has put an awful lot of faith into seems to be letting us all down badly. Gone has the spark from last season, notable by his absense on the ice, just doesn't seem to be the player I remember. 30 goals a season? Christ, Voth had 26 last season. Another disappointment.

Stone - Please please please bring back Symonds to replace Stone, tonight he looked shockingly slow, once led to a break away which luckily Adams saved. Probably the person most at blame for the dump and don't/maybe chase (I'll come to this).

Adams - I'm not convinced at all, whilst i'm not calling for his head, something needs to change, the lines are being shunted around all over the place, at one point tonight we were playing 3 defence, 2 offence. I've no idea what style of coach he is, but someone, specifically Adams hopefully will learn that f**king dump and chase is a crock of s**t. Seems to be our one and only tactic at the moment. Why do we keep changing our lines as soon as we start moving forwards, how does that make any sense at all?

Dump and chase - AAAAAAAAAAARGH, for f**ks sake, why oh why oh why do we keep using this, it's about the only tool we've got going forwards and it bloody sucks. We've got the players in Campbell, Prpich, Latulippe and more that don't need to use this tactic, but it's all we do.

Something needs to change fast, it's all well and good having a brilliant off-ice management system and advertising and whatever else, but the on-ice product could suck chrome off a bumper. Perhaps we're still struggling from this 'agents curse' that i've heard so much about, but something needs to happen. I was only pushed to get a season ticket this season because Paul/rhythm rang me up and persuaded me it was a good idea.

Next season i'll be more careful about what I spend my money on.

A very annoyed Chris.

rolf

Christ what a load of shite have i just read from opinionated posters who weren't even there tonight. no doubt boycotting bob by saving a few bob. well farkin done. just the support we need right now. ok we were slow on offence tonight obviously not helped by playing an oompalumpa in the #91 jersey and also by nursing #17 back from injury......however to lose by 2 in sheffield this season is no shame and far from it.

out of curiosity who is snifferdog ? smells like a troll to me, yet every time an outrageous post was made, it was agreed with wholeheartedly. really ! what a bunch of sound-minded stay at home sofa pundits we have posting on here INSTEAD OF BEING AT THE FOOOKIN GAME and shoutin our team on.

Shame on you for stayin at home, Shame on you for being so fickle and worst of all for being so BLOODY GULLIBLE............game set and match to the arctic monkeys..............pah stay at home watch the x factor and try and cause some real hockey people to become unemployed. done here

rolf

Aubry - Christ. What exactly is he upto, he doesn't look half as good as I remember him, his suicide pass infront of the net that resulted in the penalty shot was shocking. The only reason we didn't lose by more goals is because of the defence, the number of times the puck was cleared off the line by Maciver, Hartwick and Jarvis was unreal. Could've easily been 4/5-0 in the 2nd period if not for the defence. Rebound after rebound after bloody rebound. Plan of action seems to be, rebound the puck then either A) Save it or B) Don't save it.
Err actually from what i saw, the puck rimmed around the base of the plexi and hit summat which caused it to rebound at right angle right in front of goal with a squeeler zoning in un-marked, leaving aubrey stranded behind the net. he then tipped it up to spoil the empty net shot and saved the resulting penalty. genius !!!!!!!!!!!! hence his suffering booing from the monkeys all night thereafter. yep sack the furker. not worth his bus pass.

My one and only post on this forum and some observations you may wish to take on board or possibly not.

The reason for the lack of reasoned debate is not that this is not the elite site or the inferno site its down to the fact that it is the SAME PEOPLE posting and they all believe that they know best and have very little regard for the views of others.

The threads where people were openly bragging about what they would do to get banned from the elite site - childish or what - from people I once respected too!

The Mods being named is wrong in soooo many ways- It sort of make what they post have added
importance which of course it doesnt, as they are capable of spouting rubbish as well. But once they start cutting posts for views that do not correspond with their own, dodgy ground......

The indescriminate swearing on this forum makes it unsuitable for minors in my opinion and just shows a complete lack of the command of the English Language. All this is clearly evident in the moderators posting above mine. Free speech is all well and good and is to be applauded but to me that post as it is displayed is out of order!

The ganging up on posters is like something from the playground bully! Poor Finny :lol:

Anyway back on topic

New Generation Devils- not the best of starts and New Generation Inferno - could do and needs to do a lot better - I was promised better debate more resoned debate , where is it guys? a swearword does not cover reasoned debate, its far more challenging to create a valid argument than resort to to expletives for effect.

Have a nice day! and be careful what you wish for as it may just come true, and it may just not be as good as you thought it would be!!!

James

Administrator
Guys, I'm not going to go through hacking out parts of this thread, please remember, we are trying to keep the forum easy on the moderating after the delete league fiasco, but don't go insulting other fans, and try to moderate the language. That goes for the mods too.

Back to the game. For 2 periods we did well. It was trap hockey but we hit them hard and it was fun to watch. Even then though it was clear what the outcome would be. I made the trip not expecting a win but by the end of the second I thought maybe we might get a point. When the first goal went in though, the heads dropped and it wasn't until we were pulled Aubs we had much chance of pushing for the net. As for players, Aubs made some awesome saves, a comical push over of the net when he was behind it and the puck was in front and he had no chance of saving it, but a couple of really really bad rebounds. As Chris said, we could have been 4-0 down if it wasn't for the d (Jarvis once, possibly twice) behind Aubs clearing if from the line. Silverthorn and Prpich were marked out of the game and not given any chances. Campbell was on 3rd and although he was checking as we'd expect I don't think he was able to create anything from his line mates. Hinks, woeful! I've tried to stay positive about him. He made more passes to Sheffield players than Devils and was about as effective on the ice as Sharp (who actually got a shift :eek: ) I can't see why if he has to stay with the team he isn't back on third or even better 10th forward. Stoney likewise, possibly a year too many.

Yes I wasn't happy we lost and had the long quiet drive home, yes some players underperformed but it was only the ones we expected. Sheffield played a good game and shut down any chance we had of scoring. I'm not quite as optimistic as after the Belfast games, but we are still only missing that one piece of a really good team. I hope we find that piece before the regular season is totally lost and we have to start 'building towards the playoffs'

A very worrying stat...

So far this season in the Elite League / Challenge Cup games there have been 5 times (from what I can see at a quick glance) where a team hasn't scored. 3 of those belong to the Devils.

Lol - just read Lehman was MOTM - doubt that was anything to do with amzing saves - more because they could give it to any of the skaters who by the sounds of it, all should have scored if it wasn't for an awesome performance by Aubry.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #148
The Mods being named is wrong in soooo many ways- It sort of make what they post have added
importance which of course it doesnt, as they are capable of spouting rubbish as well. But once they start cutting posts for views that do not correspond with their own, dodgy ground......

The indescriminate swearing on this forum makes it unsuitable for minors in my opinion and just shows a complete lack of the command of the English Language. All this is clearly evident in the moderators posting above mine. Free speech is all well and good and is to be applauded but to me that post as it is displayed is out of order!
If you don't like the posts, report them, fairly simple way of doing things. The only board where the mods aren't named was, yes, that's right, the Elite League board. You don't like our forum, you're welcome to go back there... Although maybe you're one of the mods from there? Unfortunately i've no idea because you could be hiding behind another username.

This forum wasn't setup for children, it's setup for people to discuss the team because we're all banned from the other forum, we're not here to moderate the internet, so again, if you don't like it, go back to the other forums.

So anyway, back on topic. I fear if we can't change our gameplay for tonight against the Panthers, we'll be putting up with the same game as last night. Something really needs to change and I seriously hope we can come out and play like we did against Coventry in the 1st period, except make it last an entire game.

Chris.

Sliput

rolf said:
Christ what a load of shite have i just read from opinionated posters who weren't even there tonight. no doubt boycotting bob by saving a few bob. well farkin done. just the support we need right now. really ! what a bunch of sound-minded stay at home sofa pundits we have posting on here INSTEAD OF BEING AT THE FOOOKIN GAME and shoutin our team on.

Shame on you for stayin at home, Shame on you for being so fickle and worst of all for being so BLOODY GULLIBLE............game set and match to the arctic monkeys..............pah stay at home watch the x factor and try and cause some real hockey people to become unemployed. done here
Are you really that nieve !!! Maybe just maybe people would rather pay and go to home games whereas the money goes to the DEVILS !!! ever thought about that....maybe people cant afford to go to away games atm.

Dont come on here having a go at people because they werent at Sheffield. Many people these days are struggling to keep a roof over their families heads and feed their kids....dont be so insensitive !!!

Sorry to be so personal but sheesh.........

davew

Sliput said:
rolf said:
Christ what a load of shite have i just read from opinionated posters who weren't even there tonight. no doubt boycotting bob by saving a few bob. well farkin done. just the support we need right now. really ! what a bunch of sound-minded stay at home sofa pundits we have posting on here INSTEAD OF BEING AT THE FOOOKIN GAME and shoutin our team on.

Are you really that nieve !!! Maybe just maybe people would rather pay and go to home games whereas the money goes to the DEVILS !!! ever thought about that....maybe people cant afford to go to away games atm.

Dont come on here having a go at people because they werent at Sheffield. Many people these days are struggling to keep a roof over their families heads and feed their kids....dont be so insensitive !!!

Sorry to be so personal but sheesh.........

rolf does have a point......

I got back from shuff 1.30am ish to see god knows how many pages of childish name slinging posts from so called fans....Chris Stone has been the ONLY person who has posted his feelings as a fan AT THE GAME....

yes we were rubbish, but before people start spouting can they at least wait for match reports to be posted so that there can be a proper debate.

IF we want the club to adopt our forum as the "official" forum we need to show them that we fit in with Matt's business plan, do you think on last night's performance you have given him that impression......

rolf

nieve i believe is a name. naive is a state of comprehension. perhaps my post has been mis interpreted as i was not particularly taking a cheap shot at people who cannot afford to travel. never would. i have been on my arse plenty of times and not minted now. no, what did get my goat was the string of posts from fans who only got the score and then called for the coach's and others' heads thus offering them the option of unemployment and the financial constraints that brings...............following swiftly on the heels of another thread along the lines of let's all stay at home and boycott the steelers.........pure lunacy.....(apologies to any lunatics reading this be they real or imaginary)

also we get a new/mystery poster, well to me anyways, on here who makes outrageous troll-like statements and the same experts agree with all that tripe.......crikey molly what next ?

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #153
Having calmed down a bit, a little bit more to follow...

We didn't really play a bad game, we just weren't that good either. The 3 periods were good end to end periods, some big hits, attempts on goal, some saves etc etc. What is worrying though is our lack of moving forwards and our inability to control the powerplay.

I'll admit I didn't notice a whole lot of difference when Andersson was playing, but others seem to, so i'll go with the benefit of the doubt on that one and say he must've been some sort of influence because we're really lacking any kind of threat.

Sheffield played a decent game as well, I wouldn't say they were that much better than ourselves, they just look a hell of a lot more threatening on the offence and took their chances, something we can't seem to do at the moment.

I didn't catch the spearing incident as I was too busy texting updates to OJ for mnl, but I know it involved Latulippe, he didn't seem to be that hurt by the incident so i'm not sure what to make of it really.

The boos directed towards Aubry seemed to become more profound after the incident with Legue and the breakaway as a result of Stone not being quick enough. Legue ran into Aubry (whether on purpose or not no idea) and they became tangled up. Bit of leg shifting from both Legue and Aubry, but as it was down the Steelers end of the arena, I guess they thought it was all Aubry.

Hanson had a pretty decent game, called what was there and left the game to flow which was nice, well played to him.

Can't think of anything else to add yet, i'm sure there will be something more though.

Chris.

I for one enjoyed the first 2.5 periods last night, but the guys seemed to lose pace in the last 10 mins of the third after Sheff's first goal.

There were some mistakes made last night by our players, but we saw Sheffield have a few of those also. I've been coming to watch the Devil's for only 3 years now, and I don't pretend to be any expert on Ice Hockey but several great plays were made in front of the opposition net, the one that stands out for me was a killer pass by Prpich, but many went unanswered because no one was in the slot, or even anywhere near it...how can we be expected to put pucks in with no-one in front of the net?

That aside I did enjoy mpost of the game and I think the devil's fans did a great job of upsetting the squeelers fans and we may have annoyed a few players also, mainly donkey sharp and danger-knee, that was great fun!

James

Administrator
Nargroth said:
That aside I did enjoy mpost of the game and I think the devil's fans did a great job of upsetting the squeelers fans and we may have annoyed a few players also, mainly donkey sharp and danger-knee, that was great fun!
It may have been puerile bit I certainly enjoyed our taunting of 1/2 the Sheffield bench. Until the Squeelers went and spoilt it by scoring it was a right laugh.

Finny said:
fordy66 said:
bring back Ed Patterson.....he has the contacts out there. he found us mark smith, max, and tyson......

Good contacts. If not great contacts.
Unfortunately no agent will go near him anymore. But if you ignore that and the fact hardly any of 'his' team wanted to return the next season......and we haven't even got to the financial mismanagement yet........
No agent will go near him? I beg to differ Finny!!!!

pj_blaze said:
As Finny says, and there is a reason Ed was "released" or "walked"....
I can guarantee you that Finny knows absolutely nothing about what happened,maybe the version that Bob the **** put about but thats about it!!! Maybe one day we'll get our heads together and i can tell you what happened (and i have solid proof) but until then you know nothing!!!!

There are rumours about ed and the agents, but regardless of the rumours, the devils encounters problems signing players last season because of the players agents and what "supposedly" happened with ed and the players agents. However this is in the past. We now need to look towards the future and move this club into the next generation

trevthedev said:
Post Deleted!! There are swear filters for a reason!! Do not try and bypass the swear filters or abuse other members of this forum, otherwise this WILL result is being warned or even worse being banned!!
With the greatest of respect,why has finny been allowed to get away with it?