Steelers vs Devils Saturday 18th 7pm. Chat/Updates

Finny

El Supremo said:
I'm now really glad that I didn't buy a season ticket. After tomorrow night's game I think I might give a few matches a miss until the team start playing good/entertaining hockey.

What a true fan you are. I wish I was a loyal fan like you.

Finny said:
trevthedev said:
so what does Finny suggest is the answer to the problems we are currently facing?
Patience whilst we bring in new players and injured players to get fit.

Did anyone really think we were going to beat the Steelers who were full strength? What with us being 2(?) imports down and having spent £1000+ less than them?

If you did then you're even more faithful than me (Bless you) and rather stupid (God bless you)
Without resorting to hurling insults around at fellow members who care enough to have an opinion which may differ from your own and want to discuss our current situation, how long do you feel we can carry on in our current state????

The off Ice is phenominal compared to last season!!!!! eat your heart out BOB!

But yet again we play a good defensive game and being beaten towards the end of a long struggle.

being optimistic I don't think that sacking the coach would make too many differences. A 30 year study of Ice Hockey in Sweden has proven that teams who sack their coaches mid season don't fair any better in the short to medium term. (source - BBC Focus magazine!)

G is working the guys very hard and does seem to be making small improvements, but the problem seems to be in a lack of a consistant goal scorer and the inability to work as a team. This team showed masses of promise in the pre season game against Phoenix with Campbell and Prpich leading from the fromt. maybe it would take a good old fashioned bench clearence to get the guys thinking of each other.

2.0 defeat away at the squeelers is not the embarrasment, but a lack of shots on goal and the lack of offence may well be. Maybe we should just throw caution to the wind and go all out on offence and maybe have a few big defeats but at least score a few and provide a bit of entertainment!

It's less than 3 weeks since there was a witch hunt against Aubrey, and he has now turned a corner and has played some of his best hockey....

I had the good fortune to have a brief chat with John Lawless when he was here at the end of last season, a real Gentleman and much revered by all who shook hands with him on the night. But he has a good job in Canada with Home Depot.

Let's all just all agree that everything is rosey in the garden and not have a bad word said against the team or the management and it will just sort itself out, and in a week or so we will start to win every game score at least 5 goals and gradually climb up the league table?

In our dreams - things have to change now no excuses, i am fed up with people pussy footing around the Devils to scared to say anything in case they upset some people, i don't give a s**t anymore things have to be said and changes have to be made, i am getting sick and tired with loosing big time, Matt do the decent thing and act now before the fans let their legs do the walking.....

Finny said:
And why do you expect a better than we are at the moment?

Are we the most succesful team in recent years?
No. Yet people are suggesting we bring back those coaches.

Are we getting the biggest crowds in the league?
No. Not even close.

Do we have the best rink for the players to play and train in?
Are you serious?

So I ask you again - why are you expecting better than we are doing? We are paying players £1000+ less than the big 4. We are missing 2 of our top players. And you think we should be beating one of the top teams away when they are full strength?

And I'm supposed to be the unintelligent one???????
You always defend the Devils heirarchy to the hilt, or do you just like watching crap hockey teams? Finny as i said earlier we are only averaging 2.63 goals per game in the league! that is totally unacceptable in my book and changes are needed regardless of what you think.

Finny

Whoops. Sorry. Forgot the #1 rule on Devils forums.

Slag off players and coaches all you want. But face the wrath of the keyboard warriors if you dare criticise the fans. :D

I bet you were all calling for Dave Jones' head too last season. And we got to the FA Cup Final.
Or maybe at the start of this season. And now we're 4th in the league and looking good.

Bunch of clueless idiots.
As I have said several times, nobody has put forward a half decent plan of who we should bring in instead of Adams and why. You fools have just got a one track thought-train. "Oh we're not winning - the answer will be to sack the coach".

Last week I proved that sacking coaches doesn't work in the vast majority of situations. Just face it that I know what I'm talking about and stop making yourself all look so stupid.

Finny

dave hardman said:
You always defend the Devils heirarchy to the hilt, or do you just like watching crap hockey teams? Finny as i said earlier we are only averaging 2.63 goals per game in the league! that is totally unacceptable in my book and changes are needed regardless of what you think.
Of course I have. Forgetting all the times the management have rung me up and had a go at me, or when they are really peessed off they got their lawyers to ring me. Happy Days.

I want the best for my team. I supported the idea of replacing Andersson with Tyson. I support the idea of replacing Hinks with someone younger and hungrier.

But I don't see how replacing Adams will help the club. In fact I think it would be very harmful to us.

Post Deleted!! There are swear filters for a reason!! Do not try and bypass the swear filters or abuse other members of this forum, otherwise this WILL result is being warned or even worse being banned!!

Finny said:
Whoops. Sorry. Forgot the #1 rule on Devils forums.

Slag off players and coaches all you want. But face the wrath of the keyboard warriors if you dare criticise the fans. :D

I bet you were all calling for Dave Jones' head too last season. And we got to the FA Cup Final.
Or maybe at the start of this season. And now we're 4th in the league and looking good.

Bunch of clueless idiots.
As I have said several times, nobody has put forward a half decent plan of who we should bring in instead of Adams and why. You fools have just got a one track thought-train. "Oh we're not winning - the answer will be to sack the coach".

Last week I proved that sacking coaches doesn't work in the vast majority of situations. Just face it that I know what I'm talking about and stop making yourself all look so stupid.
I have never said sack the coach i just want quality goal scorers who can put the puck in the net, but going back to our league wins this season we have beaten Basingstoke twice and Hull once and got a point apiece from Belfast and Newcastle, i think you will agree with me that we haven't beaten the top teams so far?

A

Anonymous

Finny said:
I bet you were all calling for Dave Jones' head too last season. And we got to the FA Cup Final.Or maybe at the start of this season. And now we're 4th in the league and looking good.
I thought this was a hockey forum? I couldn't give a toss about Dave Jones. We've got enough on our plates with the Devils at the moment.

Wannabe2

Out of interest does anyone know how physical we were tonight, as i think we play our best when we come out hitting. Thought the guys played well against the Giants the other night, who were the best team i have seen so far, and the best game so far. Also i didnt expect us to win tonight, in fact i cant even remember the last time we won up there, please inform. Things are obviously not right at the moment, far from it. How muc h ice time did Campbell have, as a groin injury needs time. Hope the guys can turn things around tomorrow, think it will be hard. The team are struggling at the mo, its not hard to see that, but as has already been said we dont have a god given right to be at the top either. Its true Johnny brought a lot of success in times gone by, but in those days if you had the Coopers you were on your way anyway, and we were the biggest spenders in the league.Some changes need to be made, and i believe that those will happen.

Finny

dave hardman said:
I have never said sack the coach i just want quality goal scorers who can put the puck in the net, but going back to our league wins this season we have beaten Basingstoke twice and Hull once and got a point apiece from Belfast and Newcastle, i think you will agree with me that we haven't beaten the top teams so far?
If you haven't said sack the coach then I'm not having a go at you. I agree that changes need to be made - unfortunately you can't just sack a player without any notice and bring in a player.

Life isn't as simple as "bring in someone new and everything will be better". We've had too much change over the past couple of years. We need some stability at the top and that includes the coach.

Finny said:
Of course I have. Forgetting all the times the management have rung me up and had a go at me, or when they are really peessed off they got their lawyers to ring me. Happy Days.

I want the best for my team. I supported the idea of replacing Andersson with Tyson. I support the idea of replacing Hinks with someone younger and hungrier.

But I don't see how replacing Adams will help the club. In fact I think it would be very harmful to us.
respect your opinion Finny, however it looks like some of us may have different ones. Lets not resort to insults though. Everyone wants this club to succeed and a lot of us are pretty frustrated with the current situation. :roll: