Steelers vs Devils Saturday 18th 7pm. Chat/Updates

Ugly Betty said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
totally agree, sack hinks after tomorrows game, get a replacement in NOW and put players on notices to show he will change them if needed, we cant use stupid excuses anymore,
Why wait till after tomorrows game. He does sod all anyway. :x
he can at least take out Bergin or someone make some use of him so we are not 2 players down

A

Anonymous

Fubar said:
however cr@p the entire team is :( ...sacking individuals at this stage will only make the situation worse. we have to A) get the individuals here and only if they are available providing we dont break the wage cap (god forbid) and B) waste 6 or 7 games getting the team to "gel" (oh how i love that word :ugeek: )...maybe they just all need a severe good thrashing with a big stick and a stern word from the owner...including the coach :|
Why will it make things worse? I remember a season a while back when we were struggling and replaced two journeyman forwards (and that's being kind to them!), with Ruggles and Cadieux, who then proceeded to wipe the floor with everyone! It can work, you just need a coach who knows what he's doing and with good contacts to find those replacement players. They are out there!!

august04 said:
Fubar said:
however cr@p the entire team is :( ...sacking individuals at this stage will only make the situation worse. we have to A) get the individuals here and only if they are available providing we dont break the wage cap (god forbid) and B) waste 6 or 7 games getting the team to "gel" (oh how i love that word :ugeek: )...maybe they just all need a severe good thrashing with a big stick and a stern word from the owner...including the coach :|
Why will it make things worse? I remember a season a while back when we were struggling and replaced two journeyman forwards (and that's being kind to them!), with Ruggles and Cadieux, who then proceeded to wipe the floor with everyone! It can work, you just need a coach who knows what he's doing and with good contacts to find those replacement players. They are out there!!

the journeyman forwards were brad gratton and trent andison and even the were not as poor as rod stinks....

here are the fact's in League play as it stands,
11 games played, 29 goals at an average of roughly 2.63 goals scored per game and we have been shutout three times twice against the Sqealers, simply not GOOD ENOUGH....

Russky

I think that to sack G at this stage would be a kneejerk and short sighted! I think that some of the players are either not upto it or playing on last seasons reputations.

Voth aside, I think we are running out of genuine reasons! We need a genuine goal hungry sniper and we are due a very big win and a long winning streak! Lets hope it starts tomorrow against Nottingham, who got stuffed 4-1 by Manchester at the NIC tonight!

We have heard excuses all season, we are slow starters, we were unlucky, we are an import down, the ice is too hard/soft etc blah, blah, blah. Bottom line is we have to deal with problems like other teams and we come up short time after time. We are like a rudderless ship right now. :x We need some leadership to turn this around.

Russky

If you notice UB I used the the word reasons not excuses, there is a very distinct difference! But it wont belong before the reasons do become excuses if the team doesn't extract the collective digit ( i.e. all pull their fingers out!)and start winning!

As for bringing back Whis, such short memories, I seem to remember he up sticks turned his back on the Devils and rejoined Belfast mid season, a few years back - Loyalty! I would also love JL to come back but lets face it - it aint going to happen! lets stick with G to turn it around!

Russky said:
If you notice UB I used the the word reasons not excuses, there is a very distinctdifference! But it wont belong before the reasons do become excuses if the team doesn't extract the collective digit ( i.e. all pull their fingers out!)and start winning!
My post was not directed at you Russky. Appologies if it appeared to be. i was just expressing my feelings on the season so far. Matt Burge came in and has turned round the organisation off the ice. G has been able to put a team together without interference, so I cannot understand why we should not be able to start the season better than this.

Thanks. Got to admit I feel for Matt and Fleur for all they've put and are putting into the club and hope that the boys start to play real hockey soon........