Steelers v Devils - Sun 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

An angry David Matsos locked the dressing room door after the Steelers 4-2 loss in Cardiff and told his players that just wasn't good enough.
Tonight in Sheffield an angry David Matsos locked the dressing room door after Steelers 5-3 loss to Cardiff and handed out the P45's :lol:

A

Anonymous

Diafol said:
Russky said:
buzzwagon said:
Wow!!, Friday night the replay on Sky!!
Given that Diafol will be in Nottingham next friday, could someone who is not going to Nottingham and has Skysports4 please record it for me onto dvd? Many Thanks!

Russ, do you really think I won't be recording it for my own collection ? :lol:

Will sort you out with a copy mate, no problem
Could you do me one too? Cant afford sky :cry:

kettdevil1

I do not care that we missed the first period due to the M1 being closed.

I do not care that we were charged full price despite the fact that we arrived at 7pm

I do not care that the Arena was half empty and the only atmosphere came from the travelling Devils

All I care about is that we totally controlled the game, not for one minute was the result in doubt and all around the ice there were great performances. Romfo had his best game for a while, Smith and Max were unstoppable and Tylor was well Tylor.

I would love to here from friendly Steelers fans (hello Hol_5!) what they thought about the Sheffield performance. As good as we were, they looked totally uninterested. At least Sgrao (sp?) got himself worked up, the rest looked only vaguely interested. Matsos has a challenge on his hands.

Oh well, off to the NIC again, I'v egiven up second guessing this team, there are no outstanding teams this year so the Championship is there for the taking - we must win it one year, surely?

Well Steeltalk is very amusing the posters all seem to have turned on each other but funniest post of the night "Dave Simms he is just an Estate agent with a microphone" made me laugh

kettdevil1 said:
I would love to here from friendly Steelers fans (hello Hol_5!) what they thought about the Sheffield performance. As good as we were, they looked totally uninterested. At least Sgrao (sp?) got himself worked up, the rest looked only vaguely interested. Matsos has a challenge on his hands.
I wouldn't be sure 'friendly' is the way to describe me right now.

My mum always used to say 'If you've not got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.'

Sgroi is the only positive to come out of that game. Pure class! Oh, and Zion's coast to coast was the goal of the 'series' !!

Guinness for me next weekend! :D

What makes me laugh after reading some of the comments on Steeltalk is that some of the Shuff fans are making out they played a very ordinary team over the two games yet we finished above them in the League and got through to the playoff weekend - so what does that say about Sheffield? does my head in as we never get any credit.

the placid casual said:
What makes me laugh after reading some of the comments on Steeltalk is that some of the Shuff fans are making out they played a very ordinary team over the two games yet we finished above them in the League and got through to the playoff weekend - so what does that say about Sheffield? does my head in as we never get any credit.
i agree with that, we deserve the credit after performances we played only watched one in cardiff but by sounds of it was amazing game today

the placid casual said:
yeah true, thats what i was thinking.

well done on getting through guys, wasn't there but seems like you deserve it...score says it, league table says it, nice one. all the best next weekend

was wondering if someone could write a short, 250-300 word piece on how much you fancy your chances next weekend, and how you think the weekend will pan out. if anyone's up for it, email me at liammccausland88@gmail.com

cheers, and well done again

edit: Wearside Steel series review

McCausland88 said:
well done on getting through guys, wasn't there but seems like you deserve it...score says it, league table says it, nice one. all the best next weekend

was wondering if someone could write a short, 250-300 word piece on how much you fancy your chances next weekend, and how you think the weekend will pan out. if anyone's up for it, email me at liammccausland88@gmail.com

cheers, and well done again

edit: Wearside Steel series review
thanks pal :)

DevilDom

Just got back and what a game!

We more than deserved the win tonight and I think the score actually flatered the steelers a bit. If our PP had been better we could have had double figures! (ok a slight exaggeration, but definitely more!)

All the guys played very well and very professionally. Steelers lost any impetus they had from the late goal in the first leg when Devils scored an early goal and they then preceeded to take lots of silly penalties!

Very Happy and looking forward to playoff weekend!

Ger-Devils

I said on last nights thread, Finnerty will score the winner(technically the 1st goal tonight was ) :D

Glad for the win and glad the team stayed out of the penalty box unlike the squeelers. I'm glad Voth played sensible and laughed off Sgroi.

Bring on next weekend!

Just got back too. All the players were brilliant tonight. I thought Romfo was brilllaint, Stevie the same and Maxi is an excellent player when he wants to be (tonight he gave it 100% every shift).

I can't wait for next weekend. Well done to everyone connected with tonights result!

Max

rolf

woohoo we've done it again!!!! this was a tough fixture for us as the steelers had improved their early season form vastly of late, and we just breezed em off. the scoreline tonight was as flattering to them as last night's was. they were worth 2 goals only tonight.

we arrived just in time to see zion score to make it 1 across on the night (nice of em to delay the face-off given the prevailing traffic issues) and their 3rd goal was ok too. their second was entirely contrived by carson who had smitty off for 2+10 for a non-existant check from behind, then took our d apart with quick iffy calls on hartwick and romfo to gift them their first 5 on 3 pp which they duly converted, no sooner had we a man released for that goal then we had another off (maybe jay - but i may have them wrong) to give em another 5 on 3 almost immediately which they wasted.

despite what the tin men may say, voth treated sgroi with the contempt he deserved when he tried to no option him. voth just ignored him and assumed his face off position whilst sgroi ranted right in his face from opposite him in the match up. this went on for so long that a lino went over to ensure sgroi wasn't offside, then c'arsole even went over too to try and calm the bonkhead, all to no avail as no sooner than the puck dropped he was assuming the boxers stance and x-checking voth to the chest to goad him...................and vother just looked at him and then looked some more before skating off and leaving him looking a bit of a pratt. and if sgroi is 6'5" then vother must be about 8' cos he just looked DOWN on him from quite some distance. maybe sgroi is like he is due to his years of being battered around the ring.........must be a bit sore, eh?

oh yeah, actually met some nice and gracious steelers fans before, during and after the game -crikey i say!

osh

Great to see the team qualify for the play offs yet again, hope we can now go all the way and win it ! Wasn't at either of the weekend games but was told the atmosphere on Saturday was electric and the fans great, well done to all those who were able to make the trip the Sheffield. Just heard from some of my long time Steelers fans and they are gracious in defeat and desperate to get Finnerty back. Looking forward to a great weekend's hockey.

ASHIPP

the placid casual said:
That's about right though, Placid. Devils always are made out to be 'lucky' rather than skilled.
I think stopping the likes of Legue, Hubbauer, Talbot from scoring takes quite a bit of skill. :cool: Likewise, Zion and Bolibruck are no pushovers in defence. Plain fact is that the Devils had a game plan, executed it and wanted it more than the Steelers. Matsos said that pretty much in the papers. Simms must be choking on his breakfast! :lol:
So ironic that Ryan should score the first goal last night. His contribution over the weekend has been key. Can't wait to see him back next year.
The way the Guys are all playing right now there is so much to look forward to next weekend. Well done the Devils. They have overcome their nemisis, the Steelers for the past 2 years - now concentrate on the others! :evil: