Steelers v Devils - Sun 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running the "disgustingly biased" and "childish" Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the man in charge for this game, so if you're stuck at home watching the game on a computer screen, be sure to give him a shout, it can get awfully lonely running MNL :cry:, but sending an email to the usual address of matchnightlive@gmail.com can help cheer you up :D

Hopefully we'll have done enough on Saturday to take a good lead into this game, but whatever the outcome it's going to be a nervous affair, good thing i've stocked up on plasters for my fingers!

Chris.

My texters tell me that M1 north bound is closed causing traffic problems around Sheffield

The good news is the the Devils team arrived at 4pm.

Whether face off will be delayed time will tell.

OJ

PS

MNL will keep you informed

Couldn't make it up but am following on MNL. I am so nervous for tonight, I'm fidgety and off my food (hihgly unusual) and sitting in front of the PC wearing my shirt for good luck! Come on lads! :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Could someone explain the diving penalty? Im guessing its when you literally dive at a player to stop a shot or something like that?

Well that was nerve wracking, at least we still have the 2 goal advantage. Hope we are not sitting on the lead, why do we always seem to have slow starts? Come on Devils looks like the Steelers are continuing where they left off last night, just don't rise to it

a diving penalty is called when a player is hooked or tripped but they imbelish it to make sure everyone saw it.

To me its ridiculous. You either did trip them or you didnt.

A

Anonymous

Diving (also called embellishment) is a term used in ice hockey to describe the way a player tries to get the attention of the Referee by embellishing an infraction from an opposing player in an attempt to draw a penalty. In the NHL, any player called for diving will receive a 2-minute minor penalty for the infraction. Usually, diving is called alongside another penalty to an opposing player. I seem to recall a steeler doing this last night, and getting away with it !!!
Thanks Andy