Steelers v Devils - 22/09 - 7:30pm - CC

TheStub

I put our lack of hitting the ground running down to the massive changes we see to the team in the offseason. Give us a stable core (al-la Sheffield) and I would bet we would start more consistently.

I would rather see 2 or 3 changes in the offseason rather than the reverse that we see now.

Steelers 6-4 Devils, scored at 41:49 by Michel, assists by S Smith and Macrae.

Devils D/netminder not having a good night. Like I said earlier, they were key too tonights game. If they came out strong then Devils had a chance of winning. It's going to be very tough now.

Wannabe2

Forwards awesome, Defence sucks, 4 goals away should see you through, but we are leaking goals big time. Must be so frustrating if you are a forward working your nuts off.

DevilDom

TheStub said:
I put our lack of hitting the ground running down to the massive changes we see to the team in the offseason. Give us a stable core (al-la Sheffield) and I would bet we would start more consistently.

I would rather see 2 or 3 changes in the offseason rather than the reverse that we see now.
Spot on. This is exactly what I said at the end of last season. However it is difficult for us to do given that 3 or 4 of our imports are usually here on Uni deals. We just can't afford to keep them at the moment after they end. Maybe when we move to the new rink and our finances are a bit better we'll be able to attract and keep the better players for longer.

6-5 now. Maybe we can nick a point.

I agree about the defence though. After scoring 5 goals this should have been in the bag.

I know we have a lot of new players, but so do other teams - Belfast aren't doing all that bad and I think they have more new players than us? (10 off the top of my head). I know a lot is made of the big ice issue, and I think it does affect us - I really hope the new rink is olypmic size, or at least nhl size so we can compete. The players have to come in and learn different systems for home and away matches, it can't be good when we already have a very limited pre-season.

Scott said:

I agree about the defence though. After scoring 5 goals this should have been in the bag.

I know we have a lot of new players, but so do other teams - Belfast aren't doing all that bad and I think they have more new players than us? (10 off the top of my head). I know a lot is made of the big ice issue, and I think it does affect us - I really hope the new rink is olypmic size, or at least nhl size so we can compete. The players have to come in and learn different systems for home and away matches, it can't be good when we already have a very limited pre-season.
just a guess, but I would of thought they'd be use too the different ice pad sizes. I would of thought most of them would of started on smaller ice pads at junior level etc. Wouldn't of thought it would be that much harder to adapt.

Tad# said:
Scott said:

just a guess, but I would of thought they'd be use too the different ice pad sizes. I would of thought most of them would of started on smaller ice pads at junior level etc. Wouldn't of thought it would be that much harder to adapt.
Spot on that is what I have been saying all along.

DevilDom

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

6-6!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Ger-Devils

Amazing recovery. Shame we give them early goals up!

Pelle another 2 goals! Matzka 2+2 and Max getting some Assists. Good to see points spread over the team though which we lacked a bit last year. Still need some work on the D though it seems.

DevilDom

Excellent result considering we were 6-3 down at the start of the 3rd.

Seems we have forwards that can cause any team trouble but the D still needs some work, especially away from home. Otherwise I forsee changes further down the line.

Koop11

Woohoo, a good point earned against a decent side. 3 points out of 4 in the CC group. If we can win our home games we should qualify.

However, without putting a damper on things, 6 goals conceded tonight! That's 26 goals in 6 games. Not a great stat. We need to tighten up this defence fast.