Steelers v Devils - 22/09 - 7:30pm - CC

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We're going to be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

I'm not sure on the coverage as at the moment we only have 1 texter, so if you're heading up and can/could help us, please give me a shout via pm or text if you have my number already :)

Having picked up the points in the game down here in Cardiff, hopefully we can play as we did then (without shipping 4 goals) and against the Giants and pick up the other 2 points available...

Devils will obviously be without Voth again, but with the way Smith and Davies have stepped up, we shouldn't be at too big a disadvantage...

Steelers will be without Campbell i'd assume, but on sunday they also missed Clark and Sarich, not sure why, but I guess they could also miss Wednesday depending on circumstances...

Chris.

ASHIPP

Although only a couple of group games have been played, the Devils are actually TOP of their group right now having won against Steelers. Panthers v Blaze last night was a draw so a point each to them.

Based on last night's performance, the Devils have a great chance to continue their good result from last week against Steelers although Sheffield is not an easy place to play.

COME ON, DEVILS

ASHIPP

Apparently Clark had family commitments and Sarich still injured. Believe he skated last night but still looked injured? :?

Clark should be back from his sister's wedding. I'd put good money on Sarich being out as he could barely skate or shoot on Saturday and was rightly rested again Sunday. Still can't see Campbell being a Steeler this year...

Mark666 said:
Is this game going to be broadcast online? I cant remember which teams do it.
Nope. Not even sure there'll be highlights of this one at Ice Shuff.

ASHIPP

Holl_5 said:
Clark should be back from his sister's wedding. I'd put good money on Sarich being out as he could barely skate or shoot on Saturday and was rightly rested again Sunday. Still can't see Campbell being a Steeler this year....
Surely the Steelers won't wait much longer over Campbell's visa issue before deciding whether to look for a replacement?

ASHIPP said:
Holl_5 said:
Clark should be back from his sister's wedding. I'd put good money on Sarich being out as he could barely skate or shoot on Saturday and was rightly rested again Sunday. Still can't see Campbell being a Steeler this year....
Surely the Steelers won't wait much longer over Campbell's visa issue before deciding whether to look for a replacement?
Nope...

I'm not sure how he'd fit into this team after watching them this weekend. Anyway, he'd be a nice 10th forward!! :D If he doesn't come here, meh.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #9
Bump!

Anyone else decided to make the journey up and fancy helping us with some texts so we can run a proper Match Night Live?

If so, please give me a shout :)

Chris.

This going to be a tough one. After devil's win over Giants the other day, Steelers won't take Devils lightly. If Devils can keep a cool head and stay strong defensively they should come away with a win.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #15
Bump :)

I'll be running MNL tonight, and as always with these mega events, I can be contacted at matchnightlive@gmail.com before/during our victory :D

If you often/always use MNL when we run it, please consider donating via the following thread - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1980 - we're looking at a huge increase in numbers so far and the hosting costs continue to increase!

Not entirely sure how great the coverage will be tonight, only have possibly 3 texters, I don't have a contact number for one of them (devils2001uk) and another wasn't 100% he'd even be making the trip up :S

Chris.

Wannabe2

2 goals scored at Sheffield in the 1st period is good news, but leaking 4 is very poor play. Our defence are letting the forwards down, we do appear to be weak in this department.