Steelers v Devils - 22/09 - 7:30pm - CC

how many games do lyle need to prove that coming out of the goal to chase the puck leaves an eng for oppositions to score note to G tie lyle's laces to the posts!!!

Is the reason why three weeks in to the season we are conceding so many goals the D or the netminder? Sounds like Stevie did a lot to win the game for us on Sunday but tonight??

First period was pretty free flowing, Steelers making the most of our weakness and loving Lyle leaving a massive hole infront of the net :(

quote from MNL

i really like lyle but this season he seems to wonder off the line way to freely and it seems to land us in a bit of bother although defense may also be blamed for not offering coverage to the netminders.

Apparently the ice isn't brilliant at IceShuff tonight...which could be why you've managed to score 2 goals?! :lol:

Seriously...passes aren't going tape to tape as they're getting stuck in the snowy ice. Steelers playing their 'worst' home hockey of the season and still score 4 in a period.

I think it was Ashipp on here last Sunday who asked where the Steelers NHL players were...?! :lol:

Devils are better than their last visit to Sheffield. I could have guessed that one myself though.

I think Stevie has lost a bit of confidence.
Once he get's it back, hopefully he'll be back to his good old ways :D

Though one interesting point I did pick up on was on the podcast on the elite league site a few weeks ago... it mentioned how all of our import D men were in effect no. 3 defencemen
hmm...

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
Though one interesting point I did pick up on was on the podcast on the elite league site a few weeks ago... it mentioned how all of our import D men were in effect no. 3 defencemen
hmm...

Isnt that a matter of opinion though?

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
Gazza272 said:
I guess it is... but there's definitely a big hole where Jarvis used to be...

Edit: I'm not saying I agree what was said in the podcast btw!

I'ed give it a few more weeks, i remember being gutted when we signed Jarvis and him being pants for the first 4 weeks he played for us.

After that he didnt turn out too bad.....

kettdevil1

Gazza272 said:
scottydoesntknow said:
Gazza272 said:
I guess it is... but there's definitely a big hole where Jarvis used to be...

Edit: I'm not saying I agree what was said in the podcast btw!

I'ed give it a few more weeks, i remember being gutted when we signed Jarvis and him being pants for the first 4 weeks he played for us.

After that he didnt turn out too bad.....
To be honest that sums up the team in most seasons.... we seem incapable of hitting the ground running (or should that be hit the ice skating??)

After about 4 weeks we appear to click