Steelers v Devils - 22/09 - 7:30pm - CC

Finny

samidevils said:
Kind of feel sorry for blaze fans as we know all too well how this feels.
Quite a few Blaze fans claimed that injuries were no excuse for our poor league finishes in 2007-08 and 2008-09.
So I do apologise if my heart doesn't bleed for them.

DevilDom

samidevils said:
Kind of feel sorry for blaze fans as we know all too well how this feels.
:shock: Really can't feel any sympathy for them at all. After the way Thommo loaded the gun for Campbell and Cruckshank to go mental at the end of last season I lost respect for him. Their fans arn't much better - J.B. being a prime example! They have been lucky over the past few seasons by being able to ice a fully fit team most of th time and what comes around goes around. :twisted:

TheStub

Re: Re: Steelers v Devils - 22/09 - 7:30pm - CC

samidevils said:
Ok I feel sorry for some blaze fans.

Not all are idiots. Many know I'm married to one, and he's not all bad!! :lol:

Some are idiots yes!!
But he is redeemed by living over here :lol:

But knowing where he works, he needs a lot of redemption. :twisted:

ASHIPP said:
As for the fatigue/short-benched issue - these comments were not used as reasons to justify team performance when the Steelers were winning last week!
But those games have to be taken in perspective. Newcastle looked better than the Devils going forward yet managed to lose 8-0...how does that work?! Sport is a funny old thing. It's ok playing short for a couple of games, and thankfully it was against the lower budget teams, with all due respect, but as Devils well know (and the Bison) playing short for an extended period of time takes its toll.

Ben Simon himself in an interview before this game was fairly confident the Steelers would win it. And why wouldn't he?
Did he? I thought he said it'd be a tough game on the radio. Plus, it wouldn't be great PR for a coach to come out and say 'Oh I expect us to lose on Saturday against Nottingham/Coventry/Cardiff so don't bother turning up!' would it?! :lol:

There is no doubt that the Steelers have a gem of a coach and a more focused and exciting team this year. Just got to get it into perspective - all the teams have got to be really tested against eachother.
Agreed. We'll re-evaluate the persepctive after this weekend's trip to Coventry... ;)

ASHIPP

Holl_5 said:
There is no doubt that the Steelers have a gem of a coach and a more focused and exciting team this year. Just got to get it into perspective - all the teams have got to be really tested against eachother.
Agreed. We'll re-evaluate the persepctive after this weekend's trip to Coventry... ;)
The biggest tests for the Steelers right now are going to be against Panthers and Giants where all have pretty much full squad, minimal injuries and having won a majority of their league games already. The 'playing field', so to speak will be equal for the teams concerned ;) :cool: