Steelers v Devils - 20/12 - 6pm - Chat/Updates

osh

Devil Torn and Wannabe2;; Now, I'm as disappointed as the rest with tonight's result, I wasn't there but we will get to hear from our travelling fans some time tomorrow what were our strong and weak points. I have to tell you two persons in particular that we don't need your so called hidden 'f' word expletives on this forum. Grow up and just post without the swear words please !

Wannabe2 you have been warned before and still you do not learn from past mistakes. This is a forum viewed by many - including youngsters - who understand the frustrations of losing games ( too many in recent years ) but, you guys should take a look at your posts, and take stock of yourselves. If you are allowed to post in the next few weeks then our Mods are not doing their job, which would be a shame on such a well run, organised site. Take a loss with dignity for heavens sake and don't revert to gutter language no matter how you try to disquise it. I for one will be making a report on your posts !!

Wow, another lost away game. It's all well and good us winning at home but if we can't win on large ice surfaces then we won't win any trophies this season. I won't be surprised if Belfast turn us over in the 2nd challenge cup league and knock us out of the cup at this rate!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #107
That's got to be our title aspirations out the window, Blaze picked up all 4 points against the Giants and we crash to another loss away from home.

With the team we have, on paper we should be at the top, or at least seriously fighting, we seemed to be up there at the start of the season but for whatever reason we're dropping off now :S

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #108
Off topic...

There is a swear filter for a reason, if people continually try to avoid it by adding their own *'s or -'s then i'll quite happily start locking topics or editing posts entirely.
If you are allowed to post in the next few weeks then our Mods are not doing their job, which would be a shame on such a well run, organised site.
Thanks, but we don't need you telling us how to run our website. You may want them banned, but I don't so they can stay and they can keep posting within the rules.

Seems a fairly reasonable solution to me, if not you.

Chris.

Wannabe2

osh said:
Devil Torn and Wannabe2;; Now, I'm as disappointed as the rest with tonight's result, I wasn't there but we will get to hear from our travelling fans some time tomorrow what were our strong and weak points. I have to tell you two persons in particular that we don't need your so called hidden 'f' word expletives on this forum. Grow up and just post without the swear words please !

Wannabe2 you have been warned before and still you do not learn from past mistakes. This is a forum viewed by many - including youngsters - who understand the frustrations of losing games ( too many in recent years ) but, you guys should take a look at your posts, and take stock of yourselves. If you are allowed to post in the next few weeks then our Mods are not doing their job, which would be a shame on such a well run, organised site. Take a loss with dignity for heavens sake and don't revert to gutter language no matter how you try to disquise it. I for one will be making a report on your posts !!
Terribly sorry headmaster, i will take my punishment whatever you deem to be correct, as you always know best, if i have upset anyone then i apologise unreservably. If i am banned for showing too much exubriance then so be it. Sorry Osh will really try to be a. no i will finish there. To other people i am so sorry and will take a few days off to see the Osh light, and try to grow up.

Finny

Chris said:
That's got to be our title aspirations out the window, Blaze picked up all 4 points against the Giants and we crash to another loss away from home.
Based on tonight's results - you might as well hand the league title to Coventry now. If they win their games in hand then they have a massive lead.
It's not looking good but stranger things have happened in this sport. Ever the optomist, 2 wins against the Chavs next weekend and things will look a lot brighter.

Finny

osh said:
Wannabe2 you have been warned before and still you do not learn from past mistakes. This is a forum viewed by many - including youngsters - who understand the frustrations of losing games ( too many in recent years ) but, you guys should take a look at your posts, and take stock of yourselves. If you are allowed to post in the next few weeks then our Mods are not doing their job, which would be a shame on such a well run, organised site.
Sorry osh, I must have missed the announcement about you being put in charge of this forum's policy. Must have been when I was too busy being sarcastic blah blah blah.

There is a report option on each post for a reason. Perhaps you would like me to explain how to use it? To be honest it's quite simple - I'm guessing most of the youngsters who use this board could work it out themselves.

I would recommend you use that in future instead of posting your displeasure on here. I'm sure most of us here were unhappy with the language used but have enough confidence in the Mods to let them do their job without us telling them how to do it.

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
Wannabe2 you have been warned before and still you do not learn from past mistakes. This is a forum viewed by many - including youngsters - who understand the frustrations of losing games ( too many in recent years ) but, you guys should take a look at your posts, and take stock of yourselves. If you are allowed to post in the next few weeks then our Mods are not doing their job, which would be a shame on such a well run, organised site.
Sorry osh, I must have missed the announcement about you being put in charge of this forum's policy. Must have been when I was too busy being sarcastic blah blah blah.

There is a report option on each post for a reason. Perhaps you would like me to explain how to use it? To be honest it's quite simple - I'm guessing most of the youngsters who use this board could work it out themselves.

I would recommend you use that in future instead of posting your displeasure on here. I'm sure most of us here were unhappy with the language used but have enough confidence in the Mods to let them do their job without us telling them how to do it.
Finny, as you well know, I contacted you previously when you were a MOD to point out a certain Mr Hunt's post that had been missed by not only you but other Mods. Now what you recommend I do in future has absolutely no significance to me reporting bad language on this forum, but, you are certainly entitled to your views. I am merely pointing out posts that don't do our well respected forum justice ! Any problem with that ?

PEOPLE do this properly and PM each other and sort it out in private not in public ! OSH chill out a bit, its not only you on this forum and there isnt anything wrong with the writting on here. How would you explain the brand name FCUK or perhaps thats bad language. Ha ha ha :evil:

Finny

I do agree with osh that bad language shouldn't be tolerated. I even reported the swearing posts to the Mods before osh posted about it.

What I do take offence at is that you are then telling the Mods how to do their job. Either they change the forum so that they have to confirm every post before it is shown, or we have to accept that there will be times when swearing gets through before a Mod is able to get online and delete it.

Can I just say first of all , fair play to the 20 odd Devils fans that made the trip up . Hope you all get home safely.

From where I was sat at the game I thought Darnell made some very dubious calls in the 1st , I saw Simmsy in the 1st period break and he said I was wrong , Darnell had called it right.

I thought Devils might just sneak a tie in the last 10 minutes of the third. Steelers were obviously on their last legs , 3 games in as many nights taking their toll.

But , all in all a great game . Had a bit of everything.

I just can't believe that we can go from a 6-0 winning performance to a 3-2 losing one in less than 24 hours. If we could play every game like we did last night, we'd be owning the league. As it stands, we can't seem to carry any momentum from game to game.

Unless it's fitness and conditioning that's the problem. Maybe the guys were too knackered after last night? I know the Squeelers were playing their third consecutive game as well so maybe that won't really cut it as an excuse either..

Ghost Dog said:
Unless it's fitness and conditioning that's the problem. Maybe the guys were too knackered after last night? I know the Squeelers were playing their third consecutive game as well so maybe that won't really cut it as an excuse either..
No it will not. We played against a team last night that had only 11 skaters. Tonight that very same team go and get a result in Nottingham, they are the one's that should have been tired not us

Wannabe2

What a great result by Hull, they should really be knackered, they travelled all the way to ours, had 11-12 skaters and were well beaten then travel to Nott and get a result, that has got to say a lot about there focus and determination to there cause.Against a team who when playing at home dont give away much.

steve

just got home.

we were woeful tonight. someone needs to tell these guys that their pay check actually covers 2 games per week not just the one. i now remember why i stopped going to away games this year after the nottingham and sheff trips in october.

our lines all are all to pot - not helped by Jay getting thrown out, but still needs sorting. i thought we'd established that smith and miller don't work together?!?! Mark Smith had the worst game i have ever seen from him tonight, i just can't believe he could play like that unless he's still not 100%. Max looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but sheffield tonight, and didn't look remotely interested (less so than usual).

Our PP was shocking.

Finnerty was awesome.

Despite the 2 fights in the first period and some good play, we came out in the 2nd like a bunch of girls, and allowed sheff to get some confidence and in fairness they actually started playing some good hockey. We let Legue skate rings around us!

Can't play on big ice?!? - we'll we played awesome for the last 4 minutes, and scored twice, so thats a load of crap aswell. It took our own fans to start shouting at the guy's for them to even look bothered. Not impressed.