Steelers v Devils - 20/12 - 6pm - Chat/Updates

zoesdevil

to little to bloody late in my opinion,why not do that 10 minutes earlier,no even why not do it from the start then we wouldnt of even been in that mess??!!!

lost 3-2

absoultely disgusted with this result.

This was a must win game with the games coming up over xmas. we will be lucky to finish 4th or 5th this year because we cant win away from home

Wannabe2

andydevils said:
lost 3-2

This was a must win game with the games coming up over xmas. we will be lucky to finish 4th or 5th this year because we cant win away from home
And no one can argue with that one.

Fubar

andydevils said:
lost 3-2

chill out and have some mulled wine :lol:

august04

Wannabe2 said:
I totally agree dont get me wrong, and i aint making excuses believe me. its just that for some reason we cant cut it on big ice. Now that aint a excuse, far from it ,, why we cant cut it wish i knew but we cant.
We're not short on players with agility and speed but yet our away form on the bigger surfaces is appalling. Why? You have to ask some serious questions about both the players and the coaching in my view. You're not going to get within a sniff of the league title (which is what we should be aiming for) if you can only win, in the main, on home ice. Very disappointing.

Wannabe2

We score 2 goals in the last 4 mins, what the hell happened to the 56 mins in between, Steelers were playing there 3rd game in 3 days, now i wasnt there but if we didnt go for the body from the get go, then **** me. One thing about our team, is that we are consistent in shooting ourself in the foot. Maybe the Steelers have now found there way, and will now go on to win the league, in the most unbelievable comebacks of all times. Am i ****** off, are you.

Lets not beat around the bush with excuses such as the ice pad being too big, we need him and if we had so and so we'd have done something..... this is a very poor result and one that has/could cost us our season depending on other results tonight. Look at our team, on paper we are capable of taking on and beating anyone in this league which we have proved time and time again. Mark Smith as great as he is takes to many silly penalties which put us on the pk disadvantage, jay getting involved with phillips tonight is another stupid move by him. As far as the big ice pads excuse - the majority of the boys in our team will have come over from canada or the states and will be used to playing on large surfaces which they probably grew up learning to play on. Finnerty and Richardson have come from sheffield (via Bloomington) and nottingham respectivley both of whom play on large ice surfaces in their arenas. Is it time to face facts of us just not being consistent enough to play top hockey week in week out, if this is the case what can be done to change it ? On the plus side Finnerty looks to be a top notch signing after yet another assist tonight keep it up Ryan !!! Ive had my rant anyone out there that wants to disagree fine but this is my perspective and i really hope in the coming weeks the boys prove me wrong and show they can play week in week out, Bring on the Blaze on boxing day we owe them one big time after the last game !!!!

Rant over - I feel better now - CJ

Sounds like a good win for the Steelers. As we keep saying, the fact that any team can beat each other is good for the league. Happy Hockey Days to all :)

We have a quality squad who are and should experienced at playing on larger pads....I do have a question mark now over the coachind team in thier ability to get these guys to deliver away from home,the buck stops there sadly....