Steelers v Devils - 20/12 - 6pm - Chat/Updates

Rempel16

Finnerty seems to have been a revelation in this team already after just one week. I hope that very soon he feels comfortable enough to start yelling at his team mates around him to pull their finger out and give a bit of effort.

Ocko said:
You've got to be joking? Did Voth jump into Dowd? No. Did Voth take 3 or more strides immediately leading upto Dowd? No, he had stopped skating. Did you think it was charging because it was a hard hit?

I hate that in the UK if a hit is hard it is automatically a penalty especially if its a tough guy. Voths hit was no worse than Finnertys hit on Dowd.
Haha, you've got to be kidding me. Finnerty's was a great hit. Voth winded himself because he hit the boards at such pace. He had stopped skating?! :shock: Crikey, I dread to think what row he'd have ended up in if he'd have been skating then! It certainly made an almighty sound, which even for a guy that size would have been difficult to generate such speed in less than three strides! He skated from the high slot to attempt to hit Dowd - that was definitely more than three steps! Because he was going so fast he couldn't stop himself once Dowd was past him. It's a good job Dowd saw it coming and is a quick enough skater to get out of the way otherwise he'd have been caught good and proper! I love a good hit - just to be clear.

Even though Hewitt offered him out but then changed his mind? Darnell obviously realised Hewitt was being a pussy and trying to get the cheapshot of the fake glove drop. There is no rule about dropping the gloves anymore Holl, that went a few seasons ago.
Well it was definitely around last season as Voth suckered Munn into doing the same. I think Munn got a 2 minute delay of game for that. Unfortunately for us Carson (I think it was) had the gonads to call that one. Talbot also dropped the gloves last season with Bruce Richardson, who pussied out and skated off, but Hanson called them both for 2 minutes delay of the game as Richardson said 'lets go'.

Rempel16

I think the ruling has changed with regard to dropping the gloves.

Bergin dropped them on the sky game last week, but simply had to pick them up again and skate to the bench after Robinson refused.

Ocko

I was at the game but it happened behind the play but according to a poster on eihlhockeyfights.co.uk Jay speared Judas in the neck so he jumped him. Then when the linos were in Jay landed a good few punches :twisted:

HockeyGirl123 said:
Does anyone know what happened with Jay and Jona? Why they had the fight? or what started it off?
I saw it from the point where Phillips was on top of Jay (who was face down on the ice) punching him to the side/back of the head (with the gloves on I think). Philips seemed pretty angry so Jay must have done/said something.

If there was a spear Darnell wouldn't have seen it as he was still watching the play when I started watching the fracas.

The linos came in and an understandably angry Jay dropped the gloves and looked to get a good few shots in on Philips in what wasn't an unfair fight as both were facing eachother.

From what Darnell actually saw he called the correct penalties.

Jay then provided us with a great example of why he's such a fan favourite in Cardiff with his 'chat' with Verner as he was leaving the ice. :lol:

Rempel16

So it's not true that some of the Devils can't be bothered? Ok that clears that up then.

Final verdict = some of the Devils need to be put on a stricter fitness regime then, so that they can catch up with Finnerty who has twice the levels of fitness :roll:

ASHIPP

Well if anyone from the Organisation has been reading these posts, they will know that we are just as annoyed about the score at the Sheffield as they are. I don't think folks are criticising the skill of the Guys - just venting frustration. I wasn't even at the game so I can only go on what was said by posters who saw it - and I believe only one said they felt that some of the players 'couldn't be bothered'. It's even more frustrating BECAUSE they've got skill and have demonstrated that they have got the capability in spadeloads to challenge other teams.......but something clearly is not right on the road. It might be regarded as credible to lose games by just the odd goal.....but losing does not get points and keep up the pressure. And fighting back from 3-0 down is also credible......but completely maddening if we're being told that the score line should have been the other way around i.e. 3-0 to the Devils!
Some of you guys are right - rink size, line changes, reffing etc are all part of the game. But if a team starts to struggle on the road, then it has to indicate there maybe something wrong with the system (or mind set?) that has to be addressed soon.
We support the Guys as much as we can and desperately want them to do well - but it's only human to go nam when the same thing happens 3 times in a row! :?

I think it's great that the club have read what's on here... and that they're frustrated too.

But seriously, to say we "weren't far off" is a bit naff. If we nicked a point or two from that match, Sheffield would of been robbed (the same way we nearly were when they visited us a few weeks back). We've had a lot of 'nearly' come backs this year away, but why did we fall behind in the first place?

I do agree that we're probably over-reacting a bit too though... I mean it's a long way to Sheffield when it's snowing like hell. When I got back I was probably not in the best of moods.

All is not lost yet, but seriously guys, we're going to need a 4 point weekend against the Blaze. And that isn't gunna be easy!! But we definatley have the potential, so think positive :D

Wannabe2

Face off Sat is 6pm, and we need a great weekend guys, so come on give us one. We get frustrated sometimes because we rea;lise what this team can achieve, and what they are capable of doing, so when it dont happen its so ARRRGH. Please Please can we come out banging from the get go on Saturday, and send out the message to all and sundr,y that when you come to Cardiff its gonna hurt, and its gonna hurt big time. We played physical against Belfast, and Mcmorrow and Swetz didnt like the experience one little bit, and thats what we need to do game in game out, it brings the fans straight into the game, and thats the extra man syndrome, that we have always gave to our team.Shankly always said dont expect anything from here as its Liverpool, well with all due respect to Billy boy, this is Cardiff so dont expect to leave here with anything else than a huge headache. Come on lads give the greatest fans in the UK a 4 point weekend, and they will give you in return the loudest most intimidating place to play in the UK.

I know it's off topic, but i'm not at all happy with this face off time and won't be going to the game. It's Boxing day and have family coming over @6pm, should have been earlier in my opinion and being a season ticket holder i'm well hacked off.

Koop11

In fairness to the club their dammed if they do, dammed if they don’t. Many people see family during the day boxing day and some people, even on this day, have to work. Also, the ice time is governed by Planet Ice so that is something to bare in mind also.

The face off time was 6pm last year if I recall correctly and this is the time most people know throughout the season.

Whatever time the Devils have faceoff, there will always be a few fans this will affect. Its unfortunate but that cannot be helped.

James

Administrator
Dai Vader said:
I know it's off topic, but i'm not at all happy with this face off time and won't be going to the game. It's Boxing day and have family coming over @6pm, should have been earlier in my opinion and being a season ticket holder i'm well hacked off.
Do what we are doing and take the family :)

James said:
Dai Vader said:
Do what we are doing and take the family :)
Me too, I'm dragging an extra 3 down on Saturday :)