Steelers v Devils - 12/01 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

That display was pure CLINICAL, it was like watching poetry-in-motion, forget the Steelers playing poor, thats clap-trap, they were never allowed to get any thing going purely down to the class of the Devils. Come on 7 goals scored by 7 different players thats very very hard to contain, and last night no-one would have accomplished it. This team at this moment in time dont even know how to lose, the word lose is not even in their vocabulary, this team is defo up there with the best that we have had, and its a pure privilage to support them. The Devils fans were truely awesome last night, you would have thought it was a home game, and the team doing the Ayotollah as they skated off was something else. So there we have it 21 winning games on the trot, a team to behold, a coach, and bench coach thats like a fine wine, a club going from strength to strength, and a fan base that was surely made in heaven, think it might just possibly be a good time to be a Devils fan at the moment.

VERY VERY HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. ;) ;) ;)

Rempel16

Anyone got a link for Steeltalk please?

Well deserved MOM for Mark Smith last night, long overdue in my opinion. But realistically any of them could have gotten it. A pure joy to watch.

Brad Voth deserves a special mention as he has been sensational in the last few weeks.

Wish i could have been their last night.

To push Wannabe's wine simile to breaking point this is a vintage year an I'm determined to enjoy every second of it (drink it in, at it were).

The hockey we're seeing week in week out is simply beautiful and backed up with an attitude across the board (fans, coaches, back room, players) that's, literally, unbeatable. We've had dark times in the past and no doubt there will be dark times in the future but we'll always remember 2010/11 when we had 3 lines of pure, goal scoring class and a defense that makes fools out of perfectly good forwards across the country (and contains goal scoring class too as a bonus).

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS INDEED. :D

drainage

TheStub said:
I think we need "I Believe" t-shirts made up :D

Steeltalk ---> http://www.steeltalk.hockeytweets.co.uk/phpBB3/

Apparently they are dreadful, and they need to start sacking players. Not at all reactionary :lol:
If we get confirmed as world record holders we def need T shirts - nice red with Red Army and reference to our status as world record holders .... that will do nicely :D

I am noticing a theme - a lot of teams we beat revert to forum posts that start with the words "SACK ...... fill in gap coach, manager, D, import, goalie , fan second left front row, hot dog seller, programme seller, Coach's Mum etc etc

Now we dont want to be responsible for more unemployment in these trying times do we :lol: :lol:

TheStub

Wannabe nailed it (and probably stole it from the conversation me and Chris were having next to him last night :p ) - Steelers didn't so much start badly, rather they were totally outworked.

There was no magic star performance, turning on a virtuoso display - we just won the puck and kept it for near enough 60 minutes. We forced Steelers to make bad plays, pushed them out of position and then punished them on the turn over. The more they tried, the harder it got for them and they just left Musty and the team hanging... then they took a load of stupid penalties when they lost discipline. That really was game over.

4-1 going into the second, there is skill in that Steelers team to come back (and they have in the past). We just removed that option.

TheStub

as I didn't get home until around 4:15, I am off work today... I am therefore spamming forums instead of getting up ;)

http://blog.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/201 ... ification/

Looks like Legue may get more. Not sure if he will, but it was a definite case of putting the game in disrepute - so could he be facing a 2 or 3 game ban?

There isn't much chance of the Caps beating them Saturday, but if the Steelers fail to bounce back, a wounded Blaze side may very well take points out of a slightly rocked Squeelers. Interesting second half of the season coming.

James

Administrator
drummer-ricky said:
phil hill and maxy are on the news tonight, ITV at 6, fair play cant fault the coverage lately, if only we could have this amount all the time :D
Bah, can't they interview articulate players ;)

James said:
Great write-up Jono
Ditto - and Jono the online live commentary was very enjoyable. As much as I enjoy MNL it was a nice change - and interesting to see the time delay between live and MNL updates!

Avoiding injuries, and keeping our heads when opposition players lose theirs, will make it hard for anybody to beat us. G seems to have installed a winning mentality and even the odd occasion where we are not playing well, the players are giving 100% and not stopping.

Every player seems to have raised their game to a higher level - skill, commitment, pride, aggression - everything.

Unbeaten for remainder of season? Unlikely I know, but based on last night....??

ASHIPP

This makes Simon and Simmsey's pre-game reviews/analysis look so embarrassing now. :oops: No fighting talk from the Devils, though - just get on with business on the ice. A FANTASTIC achievement at the Steelers and to win so convincingly. A complete all round performance from the back, forward. They seem to be able to handle any game situation now. It's not just strength, depth and skill - the Devils have something more this season - SELF-BELIEF, they want it more than the opposition.

So much for the Panthers and Steelers fans saying the Devils haven't been 'tested' yet. Statistics don't lie:
38 games played in all comps, 6 games lost. In the 21 game streak, the Devils have played EVERY team in the League.
Let's enjoy the ride, everybody, for as long as it lasts. What the Devils are doing right now is amazing. :cool:

p.s. When PR spoke at the Steelers' fans forum about 'being pleased to be involved with the premier team in British ice hockey', we now know exactly which team he was talking about. ;)