Steelers v Devils - 04/09 - League - 7:00pm

A

Anonymous

Dai Vader said:
According to Dave Simms while commentating on the sky game, he mentioned our score against steelers and said the Cardiff devils have got no chance of winning the league this season :?
Unless we start to compete I'd have to agree. I know, I know, its 1 game into the season but still. He mentioned "consistency", without that you win nowt.

Belfast look good in defence. Gleed looks solid, Hoffman can play a bit too. First time Ive seen Matt Myers play. Good player!!

Gazza272

3 periods, 3 goals within the first few minutes.

not learning after 1 period maybe, not learning after 2 ridiculous.

We need good away form this year, Sheffield have had a terrible off season and no pre season games. Sorry I know i havent seen the game myself and usually i'm pretty balanced, but we should have done better tonight, barring an escape for victory like win tonight I think G and the guys should be very very dissapointed.

I know i am :cry:

TheStub

To be honest, I'm not too worried about tonights results.

I know that by tomorrow morning this thread will be full of "we are the worst team in the history of team sports" comments. I haven't seen the game, wish I had stayed in Stroud visiting family rather than seen the score too :lol:

Remember, the Steelers have a lot to prove in this opener. A lot more than us - a unit that is still gelling. A poor off season, major changes - they need to show that they are a strong team.

I'll wait a few weeks before starting wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
To be honest, I'm not too worried about tonights results.

I know that by tomorrow morning this thread will be full of "we are the worst team in the history of team sports" comments. I haven't seen the game, wish I had stayed in Stroud visiting family rather than seen the score too :lol:

Remember, the Steelers have a lot to prove in this opener. A lot more than us - a unit that is still gelling. A poor off season, major changes - they need to show that they are a strong team.

I'll wait a few weeks before starting wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm not saying we are a bad side.

It's just realistically we should have taken something from this game i feel, i dont want it to be like last year where I kept saying 'i wont worry until.... I wont worry until......' Then it was January and it was too late for us.

Our D will take time, but tongiht just feels well a little too familiar......

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
Our D will take time, but tongiht just feels well a little too familiar......
I'm a Devils fan, I've gotten used to it :lol:

Mind you, our D is probably where we have seen the biggest change this year - essentially having 4 new import D. That was always going to be the area we would see a big learning curve.

Add in 2 of our 3 lines have changed drastically... in any other sport this would be a rebuilding year, with a cup as maybe the target with next year being the one to come out firing.

Oh, to have that level of stability.

A

Anonymous

It amazes me though how on Wednesday, in an exhibition, we defend like lions, yet come the big opener and we defend like kittens. Judging by Wednesday's game we had more than gelled and played like a team. As I posted in another thread, the season has started, the excuses need to stop!

TheStub

TheDevilTorn said:
It amazes me though how on Wednesday, in an exhibition, we defend like lions, yet come the big opener and we defend like kittens. Judging by Wednesday's game we had more than gelled and played like a team. As I posted in another thread, the season has started, the excuses need to stop!
Welcome to the world of being a Devils fan :lol:

There are no excuses - I just hope this is their wakeup call. From now on, every game counts.

TheStub

So. 5 - 1.

Which is, incidentally, the score Team GB just beat Russia by in the gold medal game on my mobile.

*sigh*

More painkillers and beer I think. Thank god for tooth ache...

A

Anonymous

Ingramator said:
also want to see the highlights, see the fight with vother aswell
Our defence might be weaker than gnats pee but boy can we fight !!
My beer suddenly don't taste so good .....

I really should wait until I see the Devils in the flesh before I make a comment but after us being destroyed in Sheffield and watching the quality of Nottingham and Belfast on tv I really think this season may get a little embarrassing for us. I hope I'm wrong.

According to Dave Simms while commentating on the sky game, he mentioned our score against steelers and said the Cardiff devils have got no chance of winning the league this season :?

And we all know Simms is always right! :roll:

A

Anonymous

TheStub said:
TheDevilTorn said:
My beer suddenly don't taste so good .....
Mix it with codine and brufen... seems to work for me.

*Please note - this does not constitute medical advice.
I need a clear head for tomorrows game, might take some with me just incase :lol:

Fubar

just read with hilarity on MNL and i quote "what a load of ...." classic! :lol:

still looking forward to tomorrow night's game. i feel there may be something different about the devils playing their first home game opener. they will want to impress without a doubt and we may just get to see Mr Sawyer in action

TheStub

Holl_5 said:
Happy days. I'm glad a statement was made after that off season. A few red faces around Sheffield/ Brum, me thinks...
In all things, a game does not make a season.

We shall have to see what happens. I hope that the Steelers have set out their stall for the season, as I would hate for them to fall apart mid season through over spending and lack of funds :twisted:

In all seriousness, this league needs Sheffield. The rivalry makes hockey worth watching... and I hope that the house of tin gets decent crowds this year. It needs to be full to stand any chance of getting an atmosphere.

TheStub said:
In all things, a game does not make a season.

We shall have to see what happens. I hope that the Steelers have set out their stall for the season, as I would hate for them to fall apart mid season through over spending and lack of funds :twisted:
True, but for a team without 2 import forwards you shouldn't have been that heavily defeated IMO after the pre season and off season of the respective teams. If roles had been reversed I would be as unhappy as Gaz right now!

It's just a shame Nottingham managed to win that shoot out after getting such a bad break from Hanson on that disallowed goal...! :(

A

Anonymous

It's just a shame Nottingham managed to win that shoot out after getting such a bad break from Hanson on that disallowed goal...!
You not believe in justice then Holl? :lol: