Steelers v Devils - 04/09 - League - 7:00pm

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
So here's the official, amazingly brilliant thread for the 1st league game of the 10/11 campaign...

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the ever spectacular and disgustingly biased location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the man in charge and can be reached on game night using matchnightlive@gmail.com :D

Someone posted on another thread that Steelers may be shorthanded for this game with the possibility of Globke and Campbell not being in the country in time...

Devils will be at full strength and hopefully playing well after last nights game vs the Blaze :)

Chris.

wildthing74

Spoke to someone in Sheffield yesterday and Globke is only doubt as far as he's concerned.No mention of Campbell not being in? Reckons Simon looks the business.
Just seen Ashipp's post re Cambell hence the edit.Part of me hopes he is in as always fun coming up against him.

Ger-Devils

On british ice hockey - they're saying Campbell won't be here at all?

I know its BIH and rumours in the same sentence so could be totally way off...

ASHIPP

After last night's game, hopefully the Devils can repeat this and an away win first game would be a big motivator for them particularly as the Giants are on the menu in Cardiff the following night! :cool: Steelers will have one of the best defence units in the league this year - not going to be easy against them. And Legue is always a worry because he is a brilliant opportunistic sniper! :eek:
Some Steelers' fans sound a bit disappointed that Campbell won't be there to taunt the Vother!Wondering if Clark will get tough if they are short benched?

wildthing74

Looks like Munn is going to be busy too if things get tough.They reckon they are going for a skilled team this year over toughness and you can see what they mean with the likes of Legue,Talbot,Simon and Grobke but I can see them getting battered in some games,especially if Campbell doesn't make it.Fair play as much as I dislike him he is game and no doubt would have gone with Voth/Sawyer if the need arose on Saturday.
I hope we go up there and get into them from the off.Play clever dont get sucked in with silly penalties.We match them for workrate all night then we will win.

ASHIPP

wildthing74 said:
Looks like Munn is going to be busy too if things get tough.They reckon they are going for a skilled team this year over toughness and you can see what they mean with the likes of Legue,Talbot,Simon and Grobke but I can see them getting battered in some games,especially if Campbell doesn't make it.Fair play as much as I dislike him he is game and no doubt would have gone with Voth/Sawyer if the need arose on Saturday.
I hope we go up there and get into them from the off.Play clever dont get sucked in with silly penalties.We match them for workrate all night then we will win.
The Devils' defence players are going to have to be clever and alert against the likes of Legue, Talbot and Sarich. In the past, they have had the knack of quickly identifying weaknesses in the Devils' game......and taking advantage of it.

Koop11

Talbot always scores past us. We usually manage to keep Tait quiet so hopefully that will continue. We need to shut down that first line of Talbot and Legue.

Despite their troubles, Sheffield have a very decent team and will be tough to beat. However, with our squad and better preparation I expect a win. I do agree though we’ll have to play smart. The officials know Sheffield will be shorthanded in the physical department. If we go out there too heavy we will get penalised, especially at the Sheffield arena. If however we play fair but physical hockey then we can certainly dominate them. Playing smart and not taking them for granted, I think a 4-1 Devils victory.

Its that time of the year again as we get the cobwebs out of the MNL systems.

Can those mad texters of mine who are gluttons for punishment confirm their availabilty this coming season by texting me on the usual number.

If you have been in deep hibernation and haven't got my mobile number anymore PM me and I will get back to you.

Also let me know if you have changed your mobile number this off season.

OJ

wildthing74

Oj I'm still on the same mobile as normal,let me know what you need.I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve.Can't beat competative hockey.Fun as friendlies can be,all a lot more importnat from now on :p

Head says 3-1 Devils.

Heart says you don't lose your first home game of the season without a fight even if you're players short and under prepared. 3-1 Steelers.

Gazza272

two games under our belts against a new Steelers team with a new coach who havent played together yet.

The steelers should take a period to get into the game so an early start is essential, they will have the adrenaline up due to it being their first game though.

Basically if we are serious about winning the title we need to be winning these games where there are factors affecting the opposition team.

Very difficult one to predict really. Nobody really knows how the Steelers are going to perform.

Being potentially 2 players down and having had no warm-up matches, you'd have to expect the Devils to come out on top. But sometimes in these situations, teams rally together and find a way to win, especially when you're at home.

Hopefully a Devils win though :cool:

Diafol

If you read the thread on THF, I would imagine most people are putting a bet on him to do that... then going to the league afterwards to get him banned, of course :lol:

According to Dave Simms while commentating on the sky game, he mentioned our score against steelers and said the Cardiff devils have got no chance of winning the league this season :?