Shirt off his back

That's a great for you, so why buy the tickets in the first place? Surely you might as well give your money direct?

I haven't suggested it's a fix. Poor judgement on all involved yes. You'd hope someone with a bit of sense would have noticed.

It's a shame for the club but the only way to come out of it in a positive manner now that they have handed out all the shirts is to find a way of reimbursing people who feel they've lost out unfairly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why would I give money directly to the Devils. I like the idea of monetary reward for my contribution towards these initiatives. Hence why you probably did it yourself.

The way I see it is if you bet money at the start of the season for a club to win the league you're not going to complain at the end of the season if that team doesn't win. It's like complaining at the bookies. People need to get over this and move on like you suggested.

I hope the guy selling them makes some decent profit, after all gambling isn't a fair game

Last night i was fortunate to win the 5 jerseys. We are a family of 5, 4 of whom are season ticket holders hence we have one each, i at no stage offered any for sale, my 15 year old son was offered money and "started to negotiate" until i stopped him, he was curious to see their value. I apologise if this has offended anybody, but at no time did i think of profiting from my win. I bought 200 consecutive tickets to increase my chances of a win as i did with the Voth shirts where i won one. I do it to support the club as we have done for 30 years. i buy £20 sohb and 50/50 most games as an act of support to help the club afford quality players. Yes it was a cock up but these things happen and its not my fault nor the fault of the staff member abused last night, how bad is that?....Thanks for pointing out the artex (painted wallpaper actually) we moved in August and the whole house is undergoing renovation, thought the comments a cheap shot. Finally if the poor little girl who lost her signed jersey last night does not have it returned we will buy her a new one and get Dease to get it signed. The club is fantastic, everybody works so hard to make game night special and for people to say they will stop buying tickets will hurt the club, when actually im sure TK will ensure this never happens again. The only person who did anything wrong last night was the ........who run off with a little girls shirt.

E.D.S.

Last night i was fortunate to win the 5 jerseys. We are a family of 5, 4 of whom are season ticket holders hence we have one each, i at no stage offered any for sale, my 15 year old son was offered money and "started to negotiate" until i stopped him, he was curious to see their value. I apologise if this has offended anybody, but at no time did i think of profiting from my win. I bought 200 consecutive tickets to increase my chances of a win as i did with the Voth shirts where i won one. I do it to support the club as we have done for 30 years. i buy £20 sohb and 50/50 most games as an act of support to help the club afford quality players. Yes it was a cock up but these things happen and its not my fault nor the fault of the staff member abused last night, how bad is that?....Thanks for pointing out the artex (painted wallpaper actually) we moved in August and the whole house is undergoing renovation, thought the comments a cheap shot. Finally if the poor little girl who lost her signed jersey last night does not have it returned we will buy her a new one and get Dease to get it signed. The club is fantastic, everybody works so hard to make game night special and for people to say they will stop buying tickets will hurt the club, when actually im sure TK will ensure this never happens again. The only person who did anything wrong last night was the ........who run off with a little girls shirt.
Good for you mate. You don't and shouldn't have to answer these questions but thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mazza03

Thanks for the reply, I only bought 2 (pensioner) and didn't expect to win so I'm not disappointed. I left immediately as I had to drop my granddaughter off so didn't even see the C up until this morning, bad organisation is the problem.

Scooterboy...I applaud you. A very healthy contribution...and it will be nice to see you and your family kitted out in the green shirts. You are not at fault in any way and if the numbers had come out in gaps of 40 you would still have had your 5 shirts and nobody would have batted an eyelid. I hope if anyone else won more than one shirt they are in a similar situation. So congratulations to you.

It's just a pity how the outcome is perceived by many.....not as a fix, or a con, but as a lack of organisation and capability. Personally I think TK has too much on his plate on a match night and could maybe do with some more support......with SOHB, 50/50 and Chuck A Puck someone who takes care of all of these fundraisers on a match night, as well as any others that are done from time to time may be an idea.

pjj365

Scooterboy - well done. You rode your luck and it came off

Have to say though if it had been one individual who then went on to profit I would have felt a bit different

I am though interested in your approach. I have always understood that with random raffle draws it is better to spread your numbers rather than purchase in a block. Was your aproach a rationale, statistically based, decision or gut feel?

youngbob

Good response, I just sent you (or your son) a Twitter message suggesting you give a shirt to the girl whose shirt was lost/stolen, but your idea sounds as good - try for the whole team to sign!

IF the girl's shirt was stolen, the one thing the new "owner" can't do is wear it to a game!

Spot on with the first paragraph. Your second paragraph is way off the mark though, in my opinion. It was down to a lack of organisation... I just don't understand how anyone can say otherwise. You've even gone on to mention that Todd needs some more support and has too much on his plate... if that's the case, is that not a lack of organisation!?
You are welcome to your opinion...although a bit confusing that you say I am way of the mark and then agree that it is a lack of organisation? Nothing strange as folk as they say.

Whatever....I think we all agree in a round about way. :)

Leighton

Scooterboy I don't think anyone is angry at you for winning. You bought your tickets same as me and everyone else and you won them fair and square.

Good luck to you for that.... Jammy sod!

What people are not happy with is the way the draw was handled, which you must admit was a complete shambles and should never have happened that way.

That and the fact they are being hawked and sold to the highest bidder on social media probably before I'd even got home from the game.

But again I suppose if someone offered me two grand for a jersey I dare say I'd be selling it too so who can blame you for that?

I would buy one, probably 150-200 I guess, thr name wouldn't bother me. just to see my son happy, me myself I don't care but you do what you do for your children.

This has got to be my last word on the subject as I'm wasting so much energy on it and it's taking away from what was otherwise a brilliant night.