Shirt off his back

ASHIPP

MESSAGE FROM DEVILS ORG (Todd Kelman)

Just thought I would explain what happened with the SOHB raffle. I usually always draw the winning 50/50 and SOHB tickets so if anyone ever questions it, I know it was me. Because we sold so many tickets and we were pressed for time, I asked one of the production team to get Patrick Bordeleau to pull the tickets, which Bordy did. I am not blaming a player that probably was more interested in the game than looking at the numbers, but I am explaining the process. So Bordy drew the tickets, handed them to our production team, who then created the graphics for the screen. I didn't look at the list until it was up on screen, but I should have , and I should have then flagged up the sequential winning numbers. For someone (me) who is a control freak, I should have caught this, but I didn't.

So this was not a fix. A fix would be calling out winning numbers of people I wanted to win the jerseys for whatever reason. A fix is calculated, this was just a screw up on my part. I never looked them over until I was reading them off the big screen. If I had, I would have flagged it up. I don't blame anyone (Bordy, production team) in the process, I blame myself for not double checking before they went on screen. So I put my hands up and take 100% of the blame because ultimately, it is my responsibility for overseeing game night and we always try to ensure a fair draw, but I screwed up this time. Not one of the sellers had anything to do with this or any of the office staff, so don't blame them. I will take the heat for this, and I can assure you that next time, we will draw them out in public view and will ensure this error never ever happens again. We don't want fans to be soured on buying tickets for our draws or boycott the raffles that bring in valuable money for the club. Chalk this up to human error, not calculated, not pre-planned, literally I just screwed up and I can only apologise for the screw up. I am genuinely sorry, and even more sorry it took away from the atmosphere and the emotion of a great home win.

Todd Kelman
Ex-SOHB Raffle Executive
A classy, honest admission - as usual from Todd. One thing we know about TK - he will make sure this doesn't happen again. Thankfully normal service will be resumed next week and I will look forward to the fun of hoping my tickets will bring me luck, win or not!

pjj365

Maybe some sort of public punishment would go along way to bringing back faith.

The good old taking one for the team springs to mind. The Zorb football players all get a shot at his back side should do it.
Never mind punishment but what about a Zorb teams of managemeT
Todd, Dease, Jamie vs Franny, Kris, Katrina or Corky as honorary sub

He's annoyingly good isn't he. Professional, responsible and trying to do (and delivering) great things for this organisation. He said he screwed up. He's showing great leadership and really setting the tone for how the Devils should be run. Top man.
So professional and honest, as a multiple winner i felt guilty and upset at all the backlash the club (and i) were receiving, hope we can all move on and enjoy the incredible times ahead this organisation is delivering.

Maybe Todd could do the 50/50 in Sheffield as punishment....??!
I thought his explanation was brilliant. It takes courage to admit you should have prevented a mistake of this magnitude. I do not normally go on here but was looking for an explanation of what went wrong. Could Todd's account be posted on the Devel's website where I kept looking and, I think, most people would look for an explanation. Until now I was disappointed not to have seen anything on the website bearing in mind how many people were visibly upset after the game at what had happened.