Sawyer leaves Devils???

DevilDom

BrokenAngel said:
They're blue :D

OK I understand why people might want to know what's happened. That's what sells the tabloids & celeb mags!

My point is that what are the club supposed to say about it?

If someone in my office suddenly left for personal reasons, leaving a hole for everyone else to sort out, I wouldn't expect the company to announce the reasons for them going.
Fair Point, however a sports team is not like a normal business. I feel that the fans all have a stake in the club by paying to watch each week - especially if you have a season ticket and therefore perhaps deserve to know a bit more. Just my opinion though. ;)

ASHIPP

Perhaps the club understandably might be respecting his wishes by not divulging his reasons. Players may be in the 'public eye' but they are human and do have private lives. Nobody is going to divulge anything unless it's appropriate to do so.
The more crucial issues concern how quickly the club can get a quality replacement, and how the remaining, potentially weakened defence unit can hold up for 6 games in 9 days without collapsing with exhaustion. :eek:

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Brian Ball said:
Place ya bets now on when the new player arrives!
Im saying 3 weeks around the 11th of november. :p
If he's European, maybe sooner. :cool:

If he's European and going to be brought in to do the job Sawyer did i'll eat my hat. Not Saying European players are pansies by any stretch of the imagination. But I have seen very few european players at EIHL standard to have Sawyer like Prescence and an ethos about the rough side of the game.

We'll get someone in, but to be honest there is no point getting someone in for the sake of it, just like there wasnt when Voth was injured. It was mentioned on the EIHL show that the process to get a replacement player in from North America is a 6 week process. By the time we did that Voth is pretty much back. I dont see the need for us to have brought in a european player either as Nottingham did that with Lisek and he cost them more points than he gained for them and was cut quicker than teenager in a nightmare on Elm Street Film.

We have been in decent form, Sawyer's loss is a blow. But one where senior players such as Kenton Smith need to prove their worth

Sliput

ASHIPP said:
Perhaps the club understandably might be respecting his wishes by not divulging his reasons. Players may be in the 'public eye' but they are human and do have private lives. Nobody is going to divulge anything unless it's appropriate to do so.
Totally agree with you.

A real blow to lose Justin but he has gone now.....the organization need to put all thier enrgy into finding a replacement...and fast .

BrokenAngel said:
They're blue :D

OK I understand why people might want to know what's happened. That's what sells the tabloids & celeb mags!

My point is that what are the club supposed to say about it?

If someone in my office suddenly left for personal reasons, leaving a hole for everyone else to sort out, I wouldn't expect the company to announce the reasons for them going.
OMG!! For once I find myself agreeing with BrokenAngel, wonders will never cease :shock:
Apart from the colour of the knickers, way too much information :lol:

osh

Broken Angel; Exactly what I mean, a very brief piece on the website and a very brief bit in our sponsors paper. Thought there would have been much more considering how highly he was rated.
There was far more coverage given to his 2 game ban! Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Sometimes Personal means Personal - he has family and friends back home and obviously he feels he really needs to be there for them - we dont know them so their business is no concern of ours - If however it was something that happened over here that made him go home that would be a totally different matter and we would all like to know.
Doesn't sound like he is planning on returning so lets hope we get a replacement soon and hope he may be in a position to return next year.

Gaz G

From what I understand, Justin has been a naughty boy, hence why he has left the devils. i'm not going to elaborate as it's speculation but i think something is a bit fishy about this and he's gone to protect himself.

Gaz G said:
From what I understand, Justin has been a naughty boy, hence why he has left the devils. i'm not going to elaborate as it's speculation but i think something is a bit fishy about this and he's gone to protect himself.
This is the start of the rumors then of why he left, how about a family member taken ill/passed away !! I suppose the 'He's been a naughty boy' is more saucy than the boring latter !! I dont care if he's been a naughty boy, if a family member is ill, if thats the case I hope they get better soon and again if thats the case and his problems get sorted I would welcome him back with open arms and personally put that Devils shirt on him myself.

All the best Justin ;) Once a Devil always a Devil.

Sorry; but have to disagree about people feeling they have a right to know the reasons for someone leaving their employment, the only ones that have a RIGHT to know are that persons employer! Should one of my staff leave what makes you think one of my customers has a right to know why he/she left, like it or not we are not owners of the club, we are customers!

icecoach2020 said:
Sorry; but have to disagree about people feeling they have a right to know the reasons for someone leaving their employment, the only ones that have a RIGHT to know are that persons employer! Should one of my staff leave what makes you think one of my customers has a right to know why he/she left, like it or not we are not owners of the club, we are customers!

How true,i am fed up of people thinking that because the have a season ticket or buy a ticket weekly they are entitled to know the ins and outs of everything the only thing you are entitled to is a seat ..

icecoach2020 said:
Well said coach, what ever happens if there is ever a chance of a return I will welcome him back regardless of what has, happened or not happened, don't assume anything !

Wannabe2

So So very sad to see our best D Man by far leave the club, whatever the reason we need to move heaven and hell to get Justin back, this guy should have been here for years, and would have been the biggest hit since Mike Macwilliam, believe me thats what was on the cards. I am friggin gutted by this outcome, and no stone should be left unturned to get Justin back, these guys only come around every so often, He was the next Ware, Macwilliam, and god knows we havent had one of those for awhile. This will be the biggest crime of the century if we dont sort this and get the man back.
VERY UNHAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.