Rumours Thread

Wannabe2

Holl_5 said:
The Field Electrical Steelers to drop the Field Electrical bit and return to the 'Sheffield Steelers.'
So they RE-FUSE to accept the electrical bit, and are CURRENTLY back to norm, SHOCKING state of affairs, but have AMP LE time before the season starts. They still though havent signed a POWER forward, and rumours on the CIRCUIT see there title hopes SWITCHING off.

voth26

Wannabe2 said:
voth26 said:
I really cant understand why caps signed sharp unless they want him to do the same as before stay on bench then try to take main players ie voth etc out of game on pms /game pens!! if that the case let wes/mike have a play with sharpe,whilst they would be a loss not so great as voth/miller etc.No disrespect intended to wes or mike just looking at it from a game point of view as which would hurt the team more
Personnally i wouldnt want any of our imports to be wasting there time on that little turd, i would wait until maybe we are 3-4 goals up with time running out, and then if and thats a big if he is on the ice, beat the crap out of him.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Me neither but if i had the choice i'd rather it not be voth to be honest,saying that i cant see sharp calling voth out either he's avoided him in the past when he had opportunities to go with Brad and he's gone for players like hartwick so dont think that will change. cant see sharp having much ice time if i'm honest against any team. even having 2 training sessions a day he aint going to improve 100% in a very short space time certainly not by the start of the season

We have enough toughness in depth to not have to concern ourselves with Sharpe this year IMO, including two 3rd line forwards that I cant see backing down from him, so I'm hoping we dont have to worry about Voth or any of our Import D men getting involved with him.

Diafol

Diafol said:
If this is true I'm thinking of running a book on when the first Blaze or Steelers fan refers to us as the "Half-Baked Cardiff Devils"...

As I suspected, we have a winner !!!!

Well done Blaze13 from THF !

Blaze13 Posted: Aug 18 2009, 09:52 AM
It could of been worse.... They may of skated out as ''The Half Baked Devils''

In fairness, he / she did also say:

"On a seroius note though, it is a hard economical climate, and seeing new sponsors, especially as a title one can only be good for the Devils, League and the sport"

Latest rumours I heard...

1) Brian Lee is going to get anihilated at some point this season. Probably sooner rather than later.

2) Greg Chambers hasn't taken a hint that his pie eating is slowing him down, and making him even more dimensionally challenged (for the politically correct bunch out there.)

3) Jason Robinson is going to get burned.

4) Jeff Legue has scored a contender for goal of the season in the opening friendly.

5) Gaymers, at £2.50 a pint, on tap is lethal! :D

ASHIPP

Holl_5 said:
Latest rumours I heard...

1) Brian Lee is going to get anihilated at some point this season. Probably sooner rather than later.

2) Greg Chambers hasn't taken a hint that his pie eating is slowing him down, and making him even more dimensionally challenged (for the politically correct bunch out there.)

3) Jason Robinson is going to get burned.

4) Jeff Legue has scored a contender for goal of the season in the opening friendly.

5) Gaymers, at £2.50 a pint, on tap is lethal! :D
See the Blaze/Steelers 'friendly' ended conveniently in a 4-4 draw last night and fans (of both teams) are already writing off players! Typical reaction when players don't match up to fans' expectations. Reiter was 'very poor', Hirsch was 'rubbish' - anyone heard of nerves? They haven't played for 4 and half months! Lordy, it's a warm-up match intended to get the teams active on the ice and working together. It's not a league match or a cup match......and far too early to be considering who's for the bullet. If this is pre-season, God help them when the League starts!
:roll:

It was actually a really good friendly with a surprisingly fast tempo to say some players will only have skated once this week! Had it been a week later I think Steelers would have held on to the 2 goal lead as we were blowing out of our bums by the final period. I guess we have to be a fitter team to most by the way we play (close down and no time on the puck) and that was evident at the end as we allowed them to play their passes and were punished.

I thought Hirsch looked fairly good tbh. Reiter on the other hand didn't get much luck with the first 2, and the second 2 were players not back tracking/ closing down.

Morgan was impressive. And he wears a proper defender's number! :cool: He played 30 minutes on D as well, which will probably never happen when Bolibruck arrives! Roll on the season!

ASHIPP

See on Elite Prospects that Likit Andersson has gone back to Sweden to pursue other ice hockey opportunities. It doesn't say whether Lorenskog (Norway) terminated his contract, or he didn't fulfil it. He's still a bit controversial, even now!

ASHIPP

According to Elite Prospects source, Rodovre Mighty Bulls have now dissolved player contracts due to financial reasons including Bobby Robbins and Paul Deniset. That club had problems a few months back - must have been unable to resolve them. :?