Rumours Thread

Chris

Administrator
No.

The rumour from Vipers fan(s) is that the EIHL team would cease to exist in the EIHL, they'd then resurface in the ENL.

This would then give the Vipers a team in ENL1 and ENL2.

Chris.

Chris said:
No.

The rumour from Vipers fan(s) is that the EIHL team would cease to exist in the EIHL, they'd then resurface in the ENL.

This would then give the Vipers a team in ENL1 and ENL2.

Chris.
i dont see the logic in that myself, why drop down two levels? they are a good team and i think they should stay in the elite league.

James

Administrator
Spatzy said:
i dont see the logic in that myself, why drop down two levels? they are a good team and i think they should stay in the elite league.
At a guess money, or lack of it, I guess we will have to wait and see. A season is a long time in hockey, Hell, a week is a long time.

Spatzy said:
glenngiant said:
Giants confirm signing of Michael Jacobsen

http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/j ... -signs-up/

A 4 import d with 2 capable players backing them up looks good, lets hope they can give Murphy and Craze plenty of protection.
is that the giants team complete now? and is mcmorrow 100% staying?
-

As far as i know McMorrow is on his way, however there is a rumour that Thornton hasn't recovered from an operation and may not be able to play which would leave 1 import spot left which i would assume would be Awada who maybe hasn't retired as first thought. Thornton would then remain as bench coach.

glenngiant said:
Spatzy said:
glenngiant said:
Giants confirm signing of Michael Jacobsen

http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/j ... -signs-up/

A 4 import d with 2 capable players backing them up looks good, lets hope they can give Murphy and Craze plenty of protection.
is that the giants team complete now? and is mcmorrow 100% staying?
-

As far as i know McMorrow is on his way, however there is a rumour that Thornton hasn't recovered from an operation and may not be able to play which would leave 1 import spot left which i would assume would be Awada who maybe hasn't retired as first thought. Thornton would then remain as bench coach.
I think mcmorrow has signed one year to late, if he had signed this time last year he would of been needed, but there are hardly any top tough guys in the league this year.

Look at the fighters this year
Derek Campbell, Jason Robinson, Brad Cruickshank, Brad Voth, Kevin Bergin,

only real person who would drops the glvoes a fair few times would be Robinson there, but i doubt Tommo would let him drop the mits to much,

All the other so called fighters can plau just as well as they can fight (besides Robinson),

Could we possibly see Voths best year to date for the Devils?

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Look at the fighters this year
Derek Campbell, Jason Robinson, Brad Cruickshank, Brad Voth, Kevin Bergin,

only real person who would drops the glvoes a fair few times would be Robinson there, but i doubt Tommo would let him drop the mits to much,

All the other so called fighters can plau just as well as they can fight (besides Robinson),

we should do looking at that...he should win every one, but i dont think there will be many fights at all this year.

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
only real person who would drops the glvoes a fair few times would be Robinson there.
Kick me down if I'm misunderstanding this post but... Wouldn't they all?
I mean look at Voth for example, I reilise he won't have the people to fight this year, so surely that would apply to Robinson aswell but he has shown us in the past that he will drop the gloves a fair few times (22 fights one season)

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
And... I think so, because of the reduced amount of enforcers in the league, meaning he will spend more time on the ice :D

ASHIPP

With the change in style of play for next season that G has talked about many times this Summer, and a good look at our roster, it's a clear indication that the Devils are going to be much more offensive and creative.....and will not want to be giving away silly penalties at key points in their matches. Doesn't rule out the Vother sorting out any shananigans from the other teams...but we have team toughness to do that. There is no need for Brad to fight to the extent of last season. :x He is a motivational Captain and very good, free-style, big hitting player (yeah - and underrated by many people) who can put up crucial points. Hopefully it will be his best year with the Devils for those reasons - not because of dropping the gloves. :cool:

voth26

shepherd68 said:
Mcmorrow has another person to go with. Andrew sharpe! wont be much of a fight imo but its some1 for him 2 dance with. thought we'd finally seen the back of him !
Who Sharpe signed for been away so not seen any latest singings

voth26

I really cant understand why caps signed sharp unless they want him to do the same as before stay on bench then try to take main players ie voth etc out of game on pms /game pens!! if that the case let wes/mike have a play with sharpe,whilst they would be a loss not so great as voth/miller etc.No disrespect intended to wes or mike just looking at it from a game point of view as which would hurt the team more

scottydoesntknow said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
only real person who would drops the glvoes a fair few times would be Robinson there.
Kick me down if I'm misunderstanding this post but... Wouldn't they all?
I mean look at Voth for example, I reilise he won't have the people to fight this year, so surely that would apply to Robinson aswell but he has shown us in the past that he will drop the gloves a fair few times (22 fights one season)

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
And... I think so, because of the reduced amount of enforcers in the league, meaning he will spend more time on the ice :D
i meant that Robinson would be the only player to really drop the mits every week, unlike Bergin, Cruickshank and Campbell.

Though i have just read that Caps have signed Sharp, its Pointless in any player taking 5 mins on Sharp.

Wannabe2

voth26 said:
I really cant understand why caps signed sharp unless they want him to do the same as before stay on bench then try to take main players ie voth etc out of game on pms /game pens!! if that the case let wes/mike have a play with sharpe,whilst they would be a loss not so great as voth/miller etc.No disrespect intended to wes or mike just looking at it from a game point of view as which would hurt the team more
Personnally i wouldnt want any of our imports to be wasting there time on that little turd, i would wait until maybe we are 3-4 goals up with time running out, and then if and thats a big if he is on the ice, beat the crap out of him.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.