Rumours Thread

Rempel16

Consistent numbers in a decent league make him very comparable to Jon Cullen. I would certainly settle for that calibre of player.

Where's the rumour from though?

James

Administrator
it was mentioned on the THF rumour thread. Dunno the source though. He has played with Sly before I think

Wannabe2

The guy looks good, thats 38 we are rumoured to be signing, perhaps we will just surround them when they visit ours. :lol:

Finny

There was a rumour on THF a couple of weeks ago that we were being linked with Fulghum from Manchester.

Whilst Beauguard was getting most of the plaudits, a lot of Manchester fans were saying that it was Fulghum who was pulling the strings (more than Hand) and was making that line tick.

Could be a good signing, though I would have thought it would be him or Prpich. Not both.

Rempel16

The Lyle rumour seems to be gathering momentum, it is now on the Panthers Cage. The source also believes to be reliably informed (doesn't everyone?) on a few other rumours including:

Hurtubise to Phoenix
Beauregard to Panthers
Fulghum to Panthers
Koenig in talks with Vipers

We shall see, but they all seem a bit far-fetched to me!!!

However, if there is any truth in the hurtubise rumour i hope G gets on the phone!!!

Well we're expecting an announcement on two players today or tomorrow so we'll see. Certainly if we sign Lyle we'll know what direction G is taking with the team.

I for one would be happy with Lyle. The more Welsh boys the better for mine and he's proven he can win in the EIHL.

The extra import skater in a ten import league could be crucial. Also look at Belfast last season....despite injuries meaning they could only ice two lines at times, they were two quality lines that could win a game.

Rempel16 said:
The Lyle rumour seems to be gathering momentum, it is now on the Panthers Cage. The source also believes to be reliably informed (doesn't everyone?) on a few other rumours including:

Hurtubise to Phoenix
Beauregard to Panthers
Fulghum to Panthers9
Koenig in talks with Vipers

We shall see, but they all seem a bit far-fetched to me!!!

However, if there is any truth in the hurtubise rumour i hope G gets on the phone!!!
how can panthers afford the likes of richardson (bruce), bergin, Beauragarrd, fulgram and macallister as rumours suggest then they have brits like myres clarke richardson (if they keep them)
seems a bit to much to me

Rempel16

I suppose its looking at who the new players would replace....

Beauregard would be Tessier replacement so not much of an upgrade
Fulghum would replace Molin which is probably about even
Macallister would take Ndur and Hill's combined wage

And we're going to pinch myers and m.richardson so they lose out there :lol:

Besides Gary Moran and/or Neil Black have already claimed they're not sticking to the cap. I think the panthers are going to go with 12 imports, and de-register certain players in different style games.

James

Administrator
Is there a wage cap this year? Did the press releases mention one? I didnt see one. If you can sign n number of players how do you police the cap ?

Gazza272

James said:
Is there a wage cap this year? Did the press releases mention one? I didnt see one. If you can sign n number of players how do you police the cap ?

according to bob over on Steeltalk the wage cap will remain the same as last year.

It's a farce though and i think we may as well smash it and win some trophies to prove a point :lol:

James

Administrator
is that the wagecap has to remain the same for the 10 you are icing or for the whole team ? Either way its a farce anyway. Big talk at the start of the season about docking points and nothing happens despite a number of teams being clearly over. (dock the top 4 15 points and we came joint 2nd in the league this year ;) )

Rempel16 said:
The Lyle rumour seems to be gathering momentum, it is now on the Panthers Cage.
I sincerely hope not - as already been posted, you will never win a championship with Lyle in net, he is what I consider to be the complete opposite of Aubry...Aubry was a class guy on and off the ice, and consistency is a great part of his game - I cannot put any of those attributes to Stevie unfortunately...give me a top point scoring brit over a brit netminder any day.

schulersagoodun said:
Soundwave said:
The more Welsh boys the better.
Give us your ideal line up then....based on the above. Let's see the names of all these Welsh boys you want in your team.
The ideal line-up's for another thread.

We have 7 regular team spaces (including 10th forward and backup goalie) available for non-import players.

Off the top of my head;

Welsh players currently playing EIHL are - Phillips (Sheffield Captain and team GB), Matt Myers (Nottingham and team GB), Joe Myers (Cardiff backup goalie), Nathan Craze (Belfast backup goalie), Stevie Lyle (belfast goalie and team GB), Phill Hill (Cardiff and team GB), Ben Davies (Cardiff and GB under 19? top point scorer), Lee Cowmeadow (Cardiff), Neil Francis (Cardiff) Jason Stone (Cardiff)

Then we have,
Martin Clarkson (Goalie, not sure where in North America, but I believe a good prospect), Jamie Hayes, (Swindon Wildcats), Alex Symonds (Telford Tigers plus EIHL experience) Steve Fisher (Cardiff Devils enl plus some EIHL appearences this season), Corey Watkins, (Cardiff enl plus some EIHL experience)

I would guess there might be some talent at Deeside (Flintshire Freeze) which we could be looking into also?

Not bad for a country with two rinks! :lol:

This could fill all seven slots. I'm not advocating an anti-anything other than Welsh policy (I'd like to see us sign Peacock from Peterborough), but see my reasoning for a strong Welsh contingent here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1056&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=70