Rumours Thread

Wannabe2

He,y come on its the Vother, seriously though when you have two big guys who can punch, its like boxers if they land the other guys going down. If Brad lands a haymaker on anyone its going to be lights out and goodnight.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

Holl_5 said:
I wonder if your shirts will be that colour...Most of you wanted a bit of green on your shirts! :twisted: :lol:
Hey, Holl, with rumours that Field Electricals might drop the 'Sheffield' bit of the Steelers on next seasons shirt, it wouldn't be too bad if the 'Cardiff' bit was missing from us. I quite like the sound of 'the Fresh Baked Devils'!! :lol: And the Devils will live up to the name..... hot and raring to go!! :lol:

Let's hope you don't get burnt too often, eh! :lol:

To be honest I wouldn't be too disappointed if we dropped the Sheffield bit from our name as Sheffield haven't exactly been accomodating to the Steelers over the last few years. And if we're moving to Rother Valley in the 'near' future then I'd be happy with just a sponsor, Mobilix style. I don't think I'll ever get my dream of the 'Yorkshire Steelers' but I can hope! :lol: Oh to have 'Yorkshire' ringing out at a hockey match...that would be awesome! :cool:

ASHIPP

Holl_5 said:
Let's hope you don't get burnt too often, eh! :lol:

To be honest I wouldn't be too disappointed if we dropped the Sheffield bit from our name as Sheffield haven't exactly been accomodating to the Steelers over the last few years. And if we're moving to Rother Valley in the 'near' future then I'd be happy with just a sponsor, Mobilix style.
:lol: :lol:

Very dry, Holl! Doesn't the bit about 'getting burnt' apply to the Steelers too with Field Electricals! :lol:

You're right, though - a few teams this year are adding or changing sponsors so as long as they keep the spirit of the Team (i.e. Devils, Steelers, Vipers etc), it's ok. We all know where the Devils hail from. :cool:

Jones72

ASHIPP said:
Doesn't the bit about 'getting burnt' apply to the Steelers too with Field Electricals! :lol:
I'm also looking forward to the Sky coverage and hearing Simmsy say "Another totally shocking performance from the Field Electricals Steelers".

;)

I dont think i could ever get used to not being the "cardiff devils" i know everyone knows where we are but i think its nicer to have the city in the name myself.

ASHIPP

nmase20 said:
I dont think i could ever get used to not being the "cardiff devils" i know everyone knows where we are but i think its nicer to have the city in the name myself.
Nmase20, might be ok for the shirts but hope all the media coverage and announcements would still refer to 'the Cardiff Devils'. Maybe it'll be like the days when the team were 'the Coca-Cola Cardiff Devils' or 'the Thomson Cardiff Devils'? :?

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
Nmase20, might be ok for the shirts but hope all the media coverage and announcements would still refer to 'the Cardiff Devils'. Maybe it'll be like the days when the team were 'the Coca-Cola Cardiff Devils' or 'the Thomson Cardiff Devils'? :?
I think that depends on the amount the sponsor is forking over for the pleasure.

Finny

It'll still be the Cardiff Devils.

Vipers only went to MobilX because they are going to eventually drop the 'Newcastle' bit from their name when they move out of the city to a new home.

Diafol

If this is true I'm thinking of running a book on when the first Blaze or Steelers fan refers to us as the "Half-Baked Cardiff Devils"...

Diafol said:
If this is true I'm thinking of running a book on when the first Blaze or Steelers fan refers to us as the "Half-Baked Cardiff Devils"...
Oh, I have some better ones than that lined up and ready to go for the season! :D

The Panthers have been the GMB Panthers for the last few years, and only this year is 'Nottingham' being brought back onto their shirt. If that's good enough for the best, errr biggest, err Nottingham Panthers, then it's good enough for me!! :twisted:

Thread starter #1,376
I heard a rumour that dave simms now likes to be known as davina simms after having a sex change in the off season. Apparently he's more of a taker that a giver. :lol: He takes what he/she wants and couldn't give a stuff about anyone or anything. :lol: :lol:

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
I heard a Rumour Holl_5 is going to make it her mission to make as many bread Related jokes about us if the Freshbaked.co.uk rumour is true :lol:
Gazza272 - if there's any name calling from the Field Electrical Steelers fans, they'll simply have their wires crossed! :lol: :lol: :lol: