Rumours Thread

Chris

Administrator
Perras finished with a team who came 2nd, he can't be that bad.

His confidence must have been utterly shot though, to know the coach is looking to replace you, has the replacement lined up, is ready to sign him, but the other team refuse to let the replacement go must be a real kick in the teeth.

Chris.

ASHIPP

Chris Stone said:
Perras finished with a team who came 2nd, he can't be that bad.

His confidence must have been utterly shot though, to know the coach is looking to replace you, has the replacement lined up, is ready to sign him, but the other team refuse to let the replacement go must be a real kick in the teeth.

Chris.
And v often it's the defence that's poor, not the netminder! Coventry were happy to have Perras until the end of the season! Wonder where he'll end up now? :?

I think Reiter would be a good signing if we were to make a move for him. Hes put in some quality displays this season. I think JFP has had a decent season considering the d hes had in front of him, i know we were in talks with him start of last season but he opted for a move to the blaze. Lets off too many rebounds for my liking personally, although saying that if you have a big strong d who can clear the crease it wouldnt be that bad.

Gazza272

I wouldnt be happy with Reiter, he had one outstanding game against us when the Bison stole a 4-3 win here. But other than that i thought at times he could be shaky.

I'ed be looking at a new goalie if possible, as there is no one who has playedi n the country who we could realistically get who would be as good or better than Aubry and Osaer have been for us the past few seasons.

Sly would be an excellent signing IMO. He's second in scoring for the Blaze and played much of that on the second line. OK he played on the main PP unit, but I don't think they were as successful as last year so I would think a lot of his points came from even-handed play.

Not only that, he's clearly sharper in front of net with 32 goals this season including a few game-winners. I believe he got the game-winner against the Vipers in the quarter final just as he did for us against the Panthers last season. He's a guy who can break a game open which we lacked last season.

Hopefully, pens08 knows something the rest of us don't.

I for one would be very pleased to see Sly back. I think during his time in Cardiff he showed what a great team player he is. Once again this season he has been "mr assist" but that just demonstrates his play making abilities. And 13 of his 32 goals were PP - someone not afraid to shoot the puck! Come back Sly! :lol: :D

ASHIPP

Brooke said:
I for one would be very pleased to see Sly back. I think during his time in Cardiff he showed what a great team player he is. Once again this season he has been "mr assist" but that just demonstrates his play making abilities. And 13 of his 32 goals were PP - someone not afraid to shoot the puck! Come back Sly! :lol: :D
Brooke - a very good observation about Sly's pp stats. This was clearly one of our major areas of weakness last season - get someone in who is strong on the pp AND versatile and you're already solving that problem. :)

Brooke said:
Even bettter...so where the Blaze have struggled (by their standards) Sly has succeeded. Put that with Prpich's 15 pp goals (2nd in the league) and we could be on to a winner. :D

Yes Deschatelets gets decent stats every year, but I think we should be trying to get in a fresh face. Manchester seem to be able to find great scorers - Joe Tallari, Beauregard, the Caps with Hurtubise so why can't we? Do we need to get players back all the time? He wasn't the best player on our team 2 years ago, he wouldn't have been the best player on this years team (Elich and Latulippe to start with), and Coventry don't really want him back which says it all really. Also i'd expect anyone playing with Adam Calder and Dan Carlson to get good power play stats. Its Thommo and Coventry's strong point, always has been.

ASHIPP

Merthyr Devil said:
Yes Deschatelets gets decent stats every year, but I think we should be trying to get in a fresh face. Manchester seem to be able to find great scorers - Joe Tallari, Beauregard, the Caps with Hurtubise so why can't we? Do we need to get players back all the time? He wasn't the best player on our team 2 years ago, he wouldn't have been the best player on this years team (Elich and Latulippe to start with), and Coventry don't really want him back which says it all really. Also i'd expect anyone playing with Adam Calder and Dan Carlson to get good power play stats. Its Thommo and Coventry's strong point, always has been.
I'm not suprised that the Blaze don't want him anymore - if they don't, somebody definitely will.. From what we know of Sly, he's a maverick. Probably didn't fit in with Thompson's regimented style. Let's face it, Calder and Carlson have been there long enough to conform! :lol: Sly, despite being one of their top points accumulators, was probably too much of a 'risk'. But the Devils' history is littered with mavericks - that's one of the reasons OUR Club is so exciting! :D

Merthyr would you really not want him if he wanted to return?
He wasn't in the top 8 point scorers this season for no reason, he can score goals. I agree new faces is always good but we shouldn't ignore old ones purely because their old. You cant put all his pp goals down to adam cadler and dan carlson, he is very talented and if i remember correct most people were gutted when he left us for coventry. I would take him back in a heart beat.

nmase20 said:
No.

I like goalscorers and Sly is more of an assists type player, and thats all great and everything as long as you have someone to put the puck in the net, like an Adam Calder. If he comes back, he's probably going to be our 1st line centre instead of Silver, and I think we can do better. He got 32 goals this year and 23 goals 2 years ago. Beauregard got 61 goals this year :eek: and thats the type player we should be trying to find as our 1st line centre if we want to win the league!

Gazza272

Merthyr Devil said:
nmase20 said:
No.

I like goalscorers and Sly is more of an assists type player, and thats all great and everything as long as you have someone to put the puck in the net, like an Adam Calder. If he comes back, he's probably going to be our 1st line centre instead of Silver, and I think we can do better. He got 32 goals this year and 23 goals 2 years ago. Beauregard got 61 goals this year :eek: and thats the type player we should be trying to find as our 1st line centre if we want to win the league!

mmm i wouldnt be so sure.

He was second line at Coventry a lot this season, and we will be running at the same wage cap they were this season. I think its entirely plausible based on that for sly to be Latuillipes replacement on the second line.

I could see us using sly as a winger again like we did last time also.

ASHIPP said:
I'm not suprised that the Blaze don't want him anymore - if they don't, somebody definitely will.. From what we know of Sly, he's a maverick. Probably didn't fit in with Thompson's regimented style. Let's face it, Calder and Carlson have been there long enough to conform! :lol: Sly, despite being one of their top points accumulators, was probably too much of a 'risk'. But the Devils' history is littered with mavericks - that's one of the reasons OUR Club is so exciting! :D
I wouldn't say Maverick, just a bit over-rated. He is skillful but just didn't really do it for us in the big games. His points are a bit misleading too ... when you score 5 goals against Hull it makes you look a bit better than you are!

It all depends on the wages. If he is signed as your top guy, he is going to be a disappointment. If you have slipped him into your budget as a 2nd liner, he is decent enough.

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
Gazza272 said:
its entirely plausible based on that for sly to be Latuillipes replacement on the second line.
Is Latulippe definately going then?
:shock:
No, not by a long stretch.

What i'm saying is that it isnt impossible that Deschatelets could be a replacement for Latuillipe, despite his great season i would sign sly over latuillipe based on ability.