Rumours Thread

ASHIPP

matt1986 said:
Rumour over on 'Fire and ice' suggests Jay is Coventry bound :s
Now I'm confused! Read somewhere else there's a rumour he's going to Belgium! Then I read a recent interview where he says how much he loves Cardiff! :?

Anyway, thought the Blaze had got their main man, Greg Chambers. This suggests that if Calder and Carlson stay, Sly is either to play on Blaze 2nd line.....or is going? :?

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
matt1986 said:
Rumour over on 'Fire and ice' suggests Jay is Coventry bound :s
Now I'm confused! Read somewhere else there's a rumour he's going to Belgium! Then I read a recent interview where he says how much he loves Cardiff! :?

Anyway, thought the Blaze had got their main man, Greg Chambers. This suggests that if Calder and Carlson stay, Sly is either to play on Blaze 2nd line.....or is going? :?

I'ed be very suprised if they could afford calder,carlsson, chambers, hirsch and Sly

Although why i even think teams are sticking to the wage cap anymore i dont know :roll:

ASHIPP

pens08 said:
sly IS coming back to cardiff next year!!!!!
Has there been a swap and Jay's going to Coventry instead?! :lol:

If Coventry have signed Hirsch as their netminder, then does anyone think that Kevin Reiter would be a consideration for the Devils? He was rumoured to be going to Coventry ....guess it shows how wrong rumours can be! :D

James

Administrator
Cov fans claim anyone they think is good will be going to the Blaze. It's the same every year. Player has a good year, he must therefore want to sign for the Blaze.

Wannabe2

pens08 said:
Myself i cant see that happening, we have to go forward not back, and for me that would be a backward step. Would love to see a few young fiesty guys, who are new to the country, and trying to make a name for themselves.

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
pens08 said:
Myself i cant see that happening, we have to go forward not back, and for me that would be a backward step. Would love to see a few young fiesty guys, who are new to the country, and trying to make a name for themselves.
In what way would Sly be a step back? He is easily a better player than anyone on the 08/09 roster, so surely that makes him a step up.

I like the excitement of seeing a player new to the country but Sly is proven quality.

ASHIPP

Tomahawk said:
Does enyone think Reiter will go to Sheffield :?:
Thought it was rumoured Verner was going there? :?

I wondered if anyone thought Kevin Reiter might be considered for the Devils?

Some young new faces with a point to prove would be good... but... as Sheffield and Coventry have proved in the last few years is that stability is the key.

I think we would be stupid not to take a look at sly, at the right price of course. Hes a proven 80 point a season guy, good in the locker room. Put a quality finisher with him and i think we would be on to a winner. Do nicely for me.

ASHIPP

Ih8Sheffield said:
I think we would be stupid not to take a look at sly, at the right price of course. Hes a proven 80 point a season guy, good in the locker room. Put a quality finisher with him and i think we would be on to a winner. Do nicely for me.
When he went to Blaze last year I said it was our loss and their gain and look how many points he scored! Whatever people think of him, he can score and he is exciting to watch. Needs to be partnered on a good line to see him at his best....and always looked much more at home in a Devils shirt than a Blaze one! :D

I read somewhere that Verner is looking to go to Europe if not he would return to the Vipers and no other EIHL team. Also I would take Reiter here at Cardiff but I feel that it could be a gamble similar to the one Coventry took in J.F. Perras.
My verdict on Sly is simple. Definately. He is one of the top points scorers in the league, much higher than any of the other devils players. Put him on a line with someone like Latulippe and/or Elich and that would be a real force. It's definately not a step backwards.