Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

BostonBart22

Unfortunately it will be down to our future coach,..my view on this is we looked after him with the long term injury he had with us then , snubbed us last season ...not for me,, panthers can take a risk on him ..if by any chance he has already put pen to paper with Russell then 4th line player for me ..

august04 2.0

I can’t say I’ve been particularly impressed by Mosey, since he moved to Steelers. Russell obviously likes him though, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s back in Cardiff next season.

Devils86

Was a fan first time around, but jumping to the Orange....means if he's back I'll consider him like Blair Riley. A Devil only because that's what's written on his paycheck

moggy#9

Nope he went on Wallys podcast and admitted he didn't call the club back after they offered him a spot he just sat around and they moved on after not hearing from him, tbh I wouldn't want him back now as he's been injured alot and if it was a choice between him or Chad coming back I'd take Chad any day.
Ah, ok. I hadn't heard that podcast. I agree Chad is very promising and I hope he comes back.

Nope he went on Wallys podcast and admitted he didn't call the club back after they offered him a spot he just sat around and they moved on after not hearing from him, tbh I wouldn't want him back now as he's been injured alot and if it was a choice between him or Chad coming back I'd take Chad any day.
Guessing he would be replacing Batch not Chad

ASHIPP

Whatever the stories and rumours for Evan choosing to go to the Steelers instead of staying with Devils , the question mark over his injury history is still there.
He is a great two way player....but seems to suffer a lengthy period of injury every season.

moggy#9

Whatever the stories and rumours for Evan choosing to go to the Steelers instead of staying with Devils , the question mark over his injury history is still there.
He is a great two way player....but seems to suffer a lengthy period of injury every season.
That's fair. It's interesting to hear PR comment about having a younger team. Hopefully that means that we keep Brandt and pietroniron (who other clubs must be sniffing around). I suspect that comment means that we won't be going with older players seeing out their careers and treating or team like a retirement home.

lloyd_jeff

That's fair. It's interesting to hear PR comment about having a younger team. Hopefully that means that we keep Brandt and pietroniron (who other clubs must be sniffing around). I suspect that comment means that we won't be going with older players seeing out their careers and treating or team like a retirement home.
Hopefully that statement is more accurate than last yrs.

jenks33

I’m surprised how many people don’t want Mosey back (even with his Sheffield connections). I’m not that keen on the idea but I thought the majority of fans on here would want him back. I can see it happening, Pete Russell probably loves him but with his injury record I don’t think it’s worth it. Tell you what if we do sign Mosey I’m not sure we can risk signing Coughler as well. Both players just too injury prone.

moggy#9

I’m surprised how many people don’t want Mosey back (even with his Sheffield connections). I’m not that keen on the idea but I thought the majority of fans on here would want him back. I can see it happening, Pete Russell probably loves him but with his injury record I don’t think it’s worth it. Tell you what if we do sign Mosey I’m not sure we can risk signing Coughler as well. Both players just too injury prone.
If it were a straight choice between the two I'd take coughler.

Last edited:
I want this type of player to sign for us PLEASE!!!!!

However, I will add what he did in his last game to the keeper was classless so I wouldn't want HIS personality but I would want his passion and definitely his hits. They are proper 90s style hits. Bordering on submarine hits but not quite.

Devils86

Thursday/Friday this week, one week after the Russell/King announcements sensible money on a Joey Martin announcement? Or failing that Ritchie. Joey used to be the first to be confirmed before he left...