Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

kingmo19.1

Nice sentiment but I don’t think any EIHL teams look at players from Junior A. I’d be surprised if he managed to ever get to a pro level deal having not played above second tier junior in both USA and Canada. Would need a real change in trajectory whilst in college to turn it around.
Has played almost 50 games in the NAHL and put up points. Duggan played 5 games in that league and got cut then signed immediately for the Devils !! Didn’t end up too badly for him. Would be wise him completing his NCAA stint next though.

Our much loved friend from Belfast - Mr Conway also played in the NAHL.

Believe me, second Tier Junior A is a very good level. We won’t be recruiting anyone from the USHL (the only league above Tier II) believe me! That Tier 1 league is straight to the NHL/AHL in the majority of cases.

This geezer also did ok after spending some time in the NAHL - https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/9326/patrick-kane

Very close to the NAHL you’ve also got the EHL which is very strong then the USPHL Premier.

Last edited:

Devils86

Probably make some announcement during the Batch evening at St Peter’s on Friday.
IF the organisation announce anything at Batch's night surely it'll have to do with Batch. Anything else would be a bit....'off'/'poor form' - either he is back next season or retirement....

Or they leave it an extra week - TBH whilst I intend to go to the game I had forgetton where we are in the month

Wannabe2

Great CV but 36 we have had to many passengers already, not saying that’s his bag but come on it’s a young man’s sport. Myself I want young feisty guys with a point to prove, yes it’s always good to have a mix of experience, but probably married with 3/4 kids and 2 dogs, don’t need it.

terry hunt

Great CV but 36 we have had to many passengers already, not saying that’s his bag but come on it’s a young man’s sport. Myself I want young feisty guys with a point to prove, yes it’s always good to have a mix of experience, but probably married with 3/4 kids and 2 dogs, don’t need it.
He has a great CV and one of the best i saw at Cardiff.I am surprised they are releasing him unless he has problem.
I know is age is against him but Yellowhorn did pretty well in the EIHL last year in spite of his age.

Wannabe2

Correct and he did well in a pretty average team, but I still want hungry lads who still have the energy and passion to prove themselves, like lots of the Guildford players feisty and passionate. Just my theory

Devil94

I completely get the sentiment that we should be signing younger players, but Ryan Lasch specifically is an exception. He's been considered the best player in Europe for many years, only two seasons ago being the top scorer in the SHL.
Not for one second do I think he will actually come here, I don't think his name was brought up here as a realistic signing, but I don't care how old they are if they're that good.

moggy#9

I completely get the sentiment that we should be signing younger players, but Ryan Lasch specifically is an exception. He's been considered the best player in Europe for many years, only two seasons ago being the top scorer in the SHL.
Not for one second do I think he will actually come here, I don't think his name was brought up here as a realistic signing, but I don't care how old they are if they're that good.
Indeed. I was simply shocked at frolunda letting him go. He is an incredible player, probably far beyond our grasp, but one can dream. ;-)

Earnie

One thing is for sure-the Council won’t spend a penny on it because they are bust!
Calgary won’t spend on it unless the whole building is under their ownership.