Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Just how did a simple "we can dream, can't we" post immediately get derailed into a whole bunch of bitterness?
The answer lies in theoretical physics, or to be more precise in the Multiverse Hypothesis.
This theory not only explains how and why a positive thread can go 'Tits Up', it tells us that it is an inevitability!
If only we understood more of the theory of Singularity then we could possibly eliminate some of the negativity!

Hope that’s of help Moggy!

Oh yes, and as an aside in the Multiverse Theory, Ryan Lasch has in fact signed for the Devils and will help us to win next seasons League, cup and playoff titles and go forward to represent our home planet in the Intergalactic Champions Hockey League!
And you my friend get to see it all from your seat in the Gantry!

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

One thing is for sure-the Council won’t spend a penny on it because they are bust!
Calgary won’t spend on it unless the whole building is under their ownership.
When running a second pad is too costly the chances on anyone spending multiple millions on an extension that may never reach capacity and if it did would then take many yrs to recoup the investment is just not going to happen. If the opportunity to expand, it would more likely be Calgary taking its money into a larger European club, should a club become available.

moggy#9

If that is directed at me moggy then you are sadly way off!
It is just a practical opinion - I’m not bitter about anything.
My apologies, it was more directed at the way comments seen to go off at a tangent. Yes we'd all love to have double the capacity, and we know what the council are like, but I'd really like to continue enjoying the happy glow of having recruited a top class coach.

moggy#9

The answer lies in theoretical physics, or to be more precise in the Multiverse Hypothesis.
This theory not only explains how and why a positive thread can go 'Tits Up', it tells us that it is an inevitability!
If only we understood more of the theory of Singularity then we could possibly eliminate some of the negativity!

Hope that’s of help Moggy!

Oh yes, and as an aside in the Multiverse Theory, Ryan Lasch has in fact signed for the Devils and will help us to win next seasons League, cup and playoff titles and go forward to represent our home planet in the Intergalactic Champions Hockey League!
And you my friend get to see it all from your seat in the Gantry!
Thank you. That made me laugh.

kingmo19.1

Here’s some positivity for you - if I ever win £100m+ on the Euro Millions Lottery, I’m going to make the owners / council whoever else an offer they couldn’t refuse then my life’s work would be focused on opening up the Gantry! We’d be the envy of the hockey world! :)

Then I’d blow the living shite out of the wage cap and recruit a team of total studs! I mean if Belfast can get away with it, then why not take it to another level right!

Devil94

Sheffield Star reporting Lewis Hook signing in Guildford and Scott Conway going to Europe. Explains the move for an experienced Brit like Phillips.

terry hunt

On last seasons run out Batch may not be here, unless he's going to up his game by 60% at least, and PR is not a great fan of his lately..
Russel has said he will build from our Brit core so i dont see Batch going.He could be playing his old position as forward.he seemed to be happier then.He can do the Myers traffic cone job and annoy the D men and goalies.Also adopt the Brine role as a defensive forward??

Kevlar68

Russel has said he will build from our Brit core so i dont see Batch going.He could be playing his old position as forward.he seemed to be happier then.He can do the Myers traffic cone job and annoy the D men and goalies.Also adopt the Brine role as a defensive forward??
He had his stellar best season for the Devils in defence 2021-22 so i don't think position has anything to do with it .