Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

JC23

If we did bring in Pete Russell, would he maybe look to bring his (temporary) GB assistant (whilst Keefe is awaiting the arrival of baby number 2) Chuck Weber?

moggy#9

I wouldn't mind Russell, but if hope that we'd bring in a contrasting assistant, in the danger way that Keefe and neilson contrast with him for GB. I'd love that to be Stephen Dixon, but he won't leave the head coach job at clan to be an assistant with us.

jenks33

If we did bring in Pete Russell, would he maybe look to bring his (temporary) GB assistant (whilst Keefe is awaiting the arrival of baby number 2) Chuck Weber?
Bit surprised Weber has never had another crack in the EIHL. Possibly not interested. The second season with Coventry went a bit pear shaped but when he took over during that first season he turned them into a very good team. They won the play offs that season if memory serves me right. I’d be interested to hear from Wagstaff (if he reads this) as to what went wrong that second season? Recruitment I assume.

JC23

Bit surprised Weber has never had another crack in the EIHL. Possibly not interested. The second season with Coventry went a bit pear shaped but when he took over during that first season he turned them into a very good team. They won the play offs that season if memory serves me right. I’d be interested to hear from Wagstaff (if he reads this) as to what went wrong that second season? Recruitment I assume.
That second season was the Valabik season, if I remember rightly they were a very entertaining team to watch at the BBT that year.

Finny

On twitter it says Pete Russell in talks with Cardiff devils
I think that’s from the nonsense twitter account though isn’t it? The one that lurks on forums like this, sees someone post “what about Russell?” and then starts it as a rumour.

The tweet about DuPont leaving though was from a far more accurate account……

Ocko

I don't think Russell will bring us success at all.

May as well stay with DuPont.

Russell is as dull as dish water

We need someone like Lord and keefe character.

I think Russell will be a yes man

I just hope it's not him
Pete Russell is most definitely not a yes man, nor dull as dishwater. If anything, he’s probably a bit too much of a character for the Devils. I’ve been coached by him so can speak first hand.

TL91

I wouldn't mind Russell, but if hope that we'd bring in a contrasting assistant, in the danger way that Keefe and neilson contrast with him for GB. I'd love that to be Stephen Dixon, but he won't leave the head coach job at clan to be an assistant with us.
Question is will the Clan’s new owners want Dixon to continue in his role or go out for someone else? My money would be on the latter.

ASHIPP

I'm sure there'll be some coming out once GB games finished the world champs. If Pete Russell is the new coach, they won't announced that until after, I'd have thought.
Most likely confirmation of the return of our Captain.....Richie's return is usually one of the earliest announcements.
Or maybe the extension of another core, popular player?
These could be announced even before the new coach is revealed..