Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Diablo3

And that injury he was out with definitely restricted how agile he's been and his speed post to post.
Not sure it did. He has been pulling off some worldy saves in the last few games. He is definitely using a different stance since he came back, but I think that is the influence of the coaches in Gratz 99. I would be quite happy to have Ben and Koz back next year. They work well together. Just get the D sorted out to give them a chance.

Grapevine is that Kozun won't be around next season, off to Europe. Replacement import goalie lined up with Bowns at best being a backup.
To lose a young class goalie who will only get better with games and loves playing in cardiff because of bowns’s ego, just doesn’t make sense. Taran will only improve and bownsy will ….. who knows?

Last edited:

moggy#9

Grapevine is that Kozun won't be around next season, off to Europe. Replacement import goalie lined up with Bowns at best being a backup.
As opposed to the rumour which has bowns retiring. I'm sure that there'll be a lot more doing the rounds this weekend.

Devils86

To lose a young class goalie who will only get better with games and loves playing in cardiff because of bowns’s ego, just doesn’t make sense. Taran will only improve and bownsy will ….. who knows?
Ok, you'll have to walk me through that one. How is Bowns' apparent ego forcing Tarun to leave for Europe?

Did I miss an announcement where Bowns was confirmed as the new GM of the Devils? Or that his multi year contract says he's got to start X % of matches?

Finny

Kozun will be 29 by the time the next season starts…….
Whereas Bowns who is apparently too old and retiring will be…… 32.

Ok, you'll have to walk me through that one. How is Bowns' apparent ego forcing Tarun to leave for Europe?

Did I miss an announcement where Bowns was confirmed as the new GM of the Devils? Or that his multi year contract says he's got to start X % of matches?
I

As Bowns is on a multi year contract (common knowledge) he clearly has the upper hand in who starts. Why else would you bench the top 3 NM in the league? Taran deserves better,and because of this we lose the better netminder moving forward

BostonBart22

Gentleman agreement between the 2 ..

Devils86

I
As Bowns is on a multi year contract (common knowledge) he clearly has the upper hand in who starts. Why else would you bench the top 3 NM in the league? Taran deserves better,and because of this we lose the better netminder moving forward
So you're suggesting that BB and TK decide between themselves who starts, or if not to that extent then because BB is on a multi-year deal he has some influence over DuPont...

Or, because he has a multi-year contract he's in a better starting position because he's the presumed No.1 (albeit ever so slightly) or is the 1A in a tandem...whereas Kozun only has single year.

Again - none of any of that to do with 'ego'. Contract length and who starts is a matter for the ownership and the head coach respectively. If Kozun had blown the world away this season then he would be back as No.1 with BB as backup; or they would continue with a tandem, maybe with Kozun taking the 1A slot. But he didn't blow the league away - he progressed a LOT, yes - but if the club need to upgrade NMs then Kozun will be out, not because of BB ego, but because BB is a Brit.

The ownership group and the coach will want to win - NM is a huge part of that. They won't just let someone's ego get in the way and make decisions for them.

If BB is considered not up to it for next season then he'll be waved off (multi-year deal or not, I'd guess there are clauses to enable each side to walk in certain circumstances) and he'll go to Nottingham for a year or two. No way will sentiment and ego mean that the organisation settle for mediocre.

Whatever happens our NM needs to be a level better than it was this year if we are to win anything next season. Whoever is in net.