Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

moggy#9

I saw a comment on Twitter from a clan fan who thought the idea of getting rid of Dupont was harsh because he got to the playoff final. I guess we have very different perspectives.

Swarley

I saw a comment on Twitter from a clan fan who thought the idea of getting rid of Dupont was harsh because he got to the playoff final. I guess we have very different perspectives.
If they feel that strongly about it they should offer him the role in clan and then see how they fair.

kingmo19.1

I’m sure the Clan fans view any coach as an absolute diamond if he gets a team to the playoff final weekend considering their abysmal, pitiful and appalling record in that regard!

The_Stick_

Don’t think there’s many out there currently who hold the EIHL experience that PR does. Would be quite the opposite of our last 2 coaching appointments, and we all know how they went..

Kevlar68

So this is a basic question, would we prefer a younger coach on the ascendance (NOT a rookie) making their way up the ladder or a older coach on the decline in career from a higher league or poach from another EHIL team?

kettdevil1

I don't think Russell will bring us success at all.

May as well stay with DuPont.

Russell is as dull as dish water

We need someone like Lord and keefe character.

I think Russell will be a yes man

I just hope it's not him
Ummmmm that's really not been my experience - I am not convinced he will leave Germany in the near future given his reputation there but if he did leave then there are far worse coaches out there I would argue

ASHIPP

You're right but he lacks the Devils grit and passion fans are use to, we had one full season of umms and sad faces, we need a coach who spits fire and shows he demands 100% from everyone, can you really see PR being that person?
Well he looked pretty animated and passionate during the World's! I know he had Keefe and Corey as Assistant Coaches but he still has overall management and selection of the Team.

He knows our British players very well and our League. He's experienced the European style of hockey too.Think he has no problem making tough decisions and making demands on the Team. It requires a certain mindset and motivation amongst players when playing national teams with proven superiority (as demonstrated when Team GB was bottom seed in the World Elite two years ago).....and to actually get reasonable results against these teams. It's a combination of players and the coaching set up working together.

Last edited: