Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Earnie

Bit off topic but not worthy of a new entry - Ayr ice rink threatened with closure.
I didn’t know they had one after the old one closed. Running costs are too much

Finny

Like a lot of people on here (I think) I've seen the Giants announce their players and it feels like they are full of goals and we are way behind.

So this afternoon I dugout my old predictor spreadsheet to see how many goals behind we are predicted to be.
I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised that it came out that we were only 7 goals behind. And unless I've missed players out we still have four more signings to announce compared to their two.

jenks33

Like a lot of people on here (I think) I've seen the Giants announce their players and it feels like they are full of goals and we are way behind.

So this afternoon I dugout my old predictor spreadsheet to see how many goals behind we are predicted to be.
I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised that it came out that we were only 7 goals behind. And unless I've missed players out we still have four more signings to announce compared to their two.
I suppose the only thing i'd say is i'm confident that at least 1 of their remaining 2 forwards will be a stud. If you look at their roster they're still missing a 1st/2nd line RW for me. Where as i agree with your post in the other thread regarding our remaining forward signings. We've probably just got Davies, Chad and Mosey to add. All good/important players but probably unlikely to score a lot of points.

Rempel16

I suppose the only thing i'd say is i'm confident that at least 1 of their remaining 2 forwards will be a stud. If you look at their roster they're still missing a 1st/2nd line RW for me. Where as i agree with your post in the other thread regarding our remaining forward signings. We've probably just got Davies, Chad and Mosey to add. All good/important players but probably unlikely to score a lot of points.
Doesn’t McLeod and Mark Cooper fit those slots?

jenks33

Doesn’t McLeod and Mark Cooper fit those slots?
Cooper definitely but I’m not sure about McLeod ? I think he ended last season on their 3rd line although they possibly chopped and changed and his points production was good. His main position (certainly before last season) is centre so he might end up playing there next season. They’ve got enough left wingers but I’ve got a feeling they will still announce another point scorer to fit in somewhere. I’ll be surprised if their remaining two forwards are just a couple of depth players

Rempel16

Cooper definitely but I’m not sure about McLeod ? I think he ended last season on their 3rd line although they possibly chopped and changed and his points production was good. His main position (certainly before last season) is centre so he might end up playing there next season. They’ve got enough left wingers but I’ve got a feeling they will still announce another point scorer to fit in somewhere. I’ll be surprised if their remaining two forwards are just a couple of depth players
That’s fair enough.

I think they have 14 imports already signed, so maybe 1 stud to go, but I see their team as a spread of the void filled by Conway/Goodwin leaving.

jenks33

That’s fair enough.

I think they have 14 imports already signed, so maybe 1 stud to go, but I see their team as a spread of the void filled by Conway/Goodwin leaving.
I hope it is just one depth player they’ve got left to announce! Have they confirmed where Goodwin’s going? Last time I checked he hadn’t retired but his new team hadn’t been confirmed. Unless I’ve missed something.