Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

moggy#9

I'm impressed every time I listen to these guys speak. Obviously they're limited in what they can say, but there's more there than three platitudes and clichés.

I'm also pleased that they've commented on face off wins for the 3rd line centre, and ability to puck handle for the goalie.

Strategically puck retention and winning it back quickly sound like they'll be big parts of the strategy. Along with some others, I've been really frustrated at us giving up the puck cheaply in the past.

I was quite surprised to hear about Sanford wanting to penalty kill more. To say that he must be committed to working on his defensive game more, which should please the critics of that part of his game.

BostonBart22

While Mac might seem slightly intense when he's on the ice I don't think accusing him of having a screw loose is fair, you can't compare passion and desire to win to having a screw loose.

And had to go? That's far off the mark.

Like Wally asked him on his pod cast, did he jump or was he pushed..

Pushed.

And not for the reasons you think either.
From what I heard he had to go unfortunately, such a big loss for a great loss for our best goaltender for years..

BostonBart22

Is euan king just a goaltender coach or gonna be PR # 2 coach as was horn with dupont last season if not surely another assistant coach is waiting in the wings. This season belfast got keefe, awada,Stewart and the returning Mason on the bench..just saying

Finny

Is euan king just a goaltender coach or gonna be PR # 2 coach as was horn with dupont last season if not surely another assistant coach is waiting in the wings. This season belfast got keefe, awada,Stewart and the returning Mason on the bench..just saying
I think earlier in the summer it was announced that King was goalie coach and responsible for video analysis. And that they would be appointing an additional assistant coach at some point.

moggy#9

I think earlier in the summer it was announced that King was goalie coach and responsible for video analysis. And that they would be appointing an additional assistant coach at some point.
I'm still hoping that we might bring in someone like Stephen Dixon as assistant coach. As someone who gets what the devils should be about, and has the playing record to back it up, need be the ideal appointment.

rocketbob

I'm still hoping that we might bring in someone like Stephen Dixon as assistant coach. As someone who gets what the devils should be about, and has the playing record to back it up, need be the ideal appointment.
From what I heard, Dixon has been offered a scouting gig with an NHL team. Not sure if he has taken it though.

Have Hope#35

Dixon confirmed in a recent Wally podcast that he was looking forward to staying closer to home this season and that he won't be back in the UK.