Premier Sports

Gaz G

Wannabe2 said:
Have Hope#35 said:
DevilDom said:
It will be very annoying if we have to vacate Block 3 at this late stage to what will probably be a crap seat now.

Also, How will the lost revenue from approx. 200 (circa. £2k) tickets be dealt with?

Can't see Premier forking out anything.
Hopefully they can use the Webcast Platform!? :?
Yep they can cover the game with one camera, hang on we do that already, seriously if this is going to be a Multi camera coverage,where the hell are the other cameras going to be.???
Camera's on the players helmets. Bit steamy after the 10 minute mark though.

well, i wont subscribe to Premier sports, i refuse to pay money for sport on principle. I watch most of my sport streamed on internet. FREE. Strangely enough Premier sports is one of the channels i can access on the streaming service i can access. along with all the sky sports channel and a few foregin sports channels so i can get my fill of NHL NFL premier league action without spending a penny!

Gaz G said:
Yep they can cover the game with one camera, hang on we do that already, seriously if this is going to be a Multi camera coverage,where the hell are the other cameras going to be.???
Camera's on the players helmets. Bit steamy after the 10 minute mark though.[/quote]

Not in the changing rooms i bet! :lol:

James said:
What principle Russky?
I refuse to put money in murdoch's pocket for one and i beileive that ALL sport should be available on free to air televison. Get rid of all the SOAPS and REALITY tv progs to sky etc to clear the schedules for sport!

Ocko

That's a bit of a crazy statement. And also an admission of a fair bit of fraud. As much as you're 'not putting money in Murdoch's pockets' you're also using services that many of us contribute to funding.

Ocko said:
That's a bit of a crazy statement. And also an admission of a fair bit of fraud. As much as you're 'not putting money in Murdoch's pockets' you're also using services that many of us contribute to funding.
that as maybe but its my choice not to put money in murdoch's pockets. its not fraudulent either its still available if u know where to look for it. I pay enough in my tv licence and as one needs a tv licence to watch streamed tv online too, i am just getting value for money for my tv licence money!

I was taught the person streaming is doing the illegal act, watching it isnt. The only person who is contracted not to share what is on their digi box is the person who pays the bill. But that was what virgin media taught me a few years ago , so i could be waaaaayyy off haha.

Just for the record though i dont stream as that cuts out money the clubs and leauge get that can be used to improve both.

Ocko

This is exactly the same, albeit on a larger scale of fans of a club who I can't remember, all seeing off the Devils earlier on in the season by all using the same webcast log in. The club potentially lost hundreds that night, a club you support. It is no different.

Because you pay your TV license does it give you the right to walk in a cinema for free and watch a movie? You also bought your food in a supermarket so I guess you can take a free box of popcorn on your way in too.

You need a tv licence to view any streaming online as its effectively the same as watching tv albeit on a smaller screen. its immaterial what i watch as streamed as long as i have a tv licence that covers me. As the previous poster said, providing the streaming service is possibly illegal but watching it isnt. but if it were that ilegal the site would have been shut down by now!!

I dont subscribe to the Devils Streaming service as i cant afford to.

The football clubs male enough money from sports rights inflated auctions as it is so they arent losing out at all.

ps, I dont like popcorn.

Sheincar

Ocko said:
This is exactly the same, albeit on a larger scale of fans of a club who I can't remember, all seeing off the Devils earlier on in the season by all using the same webcast log in. The club potentially lost hundreds that night, a club you support. It is no different.

Because you pay your TV license does it give you the right to walk in a cinema for free and watch a movie? You also bought your food in a supermarket so I guess you can take a free box of popcorn on your way in too.
Nottingham I believe did that; bit cheeky considering they don't even offer a webcast!

Sheincar

Russkydevil said:
You need a tv licence to view any streaming online as its effectively the same as watching tv albeit on a smaller screen. its immaterial what i watch as streamed as long as i have a tv licence that covers me. As the previous poster said, providing the streaming service is possibly illegal but watching it isnt. but if it were that ilegal the site would have been shut down by now!!

The football clubs male enough money from sports rights inflated auctions as it is so they arent losing out at all.

ps, I dont like popcorn.
What does Murdoch have to do with Premier Sports?? What about other sports (not football) you're cheating out of revenue?

premier sports is available on a platform provided by sky, which is owned by the Murdoch run
company. The other clubs make enough money from other sources so they arent going to miss the lack of my funds.

Ocko

Russkydevil said:

ps, I dont like popcorn.
Just because you won't get prosecuted doesn't make it legal. It is illegal to provide and watch.

They make that much money because they are the very best. If you want to watch free football pop down your local park. If everyone thought like you there wouldn't be a professional game, dramatic admittedly, but thankfully the majority of people are honest.

thats their choice, but on principal i refuse to put money in murdoch's pocket because i disllike the man thats my choice, nothing to do with honesty.

I dont frequent pubs, i prefer to watch sport on tv or streamed online from the comfort of my armchair without the noise of bar room hubbub in the background. But that whats wonderful about the freedom of choice.

Finny

Your TV licence covers BBC programmes.

I believe it is illegal to watch a channel that is not authorised to be broadcast in the UK. I would guess this is what Russky is watching.