Positivity :) :)

ASHIPP

Two season ticket renewals here...not to avoid the price hike, not to ignore all the off ice circus this year and not just based on Tomas Kurka returning. But for one simple reason only.....we love the sport and want ice hockey to remain in this city where it has been for nearly 30 years.

If we are called ''happy clapppers' for that then I couldn't give a monkeys.

I think i'm giving up after this season. I would rather watch no hockey than what I have seen this year. £17 a ticket, toll fee and petrol cost for drive from Weston to feel totally let down by the organisation. I dread to think how much much money and time I've wasted this year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Paul Sullivan said:
Another wonderful addition to a thread KD.

Have you ever thought about fleshing out any of your sarcastic posts into opinion? Or can you only attack posters and not posts?

QED

I want a positive future for this Club as much as anyone. Just because I choose to criticise the incompetence, the lies of several of the management and highlight the mistreatment of their most important assets (fans, sponsors and players), does not mean I am in any way wanting something other than a great future.

Hoping that the current, proven incompetents will somehow, miraculously, become great owners and operators is not positivity. It's insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Of course you may not see this thanks to the wonders of the foe feature. Adding ignorance to positivity on these threads is not going to turn BP & PR into honourable operators any more than your one-line slating of large numbers of posters and fans will.

But at least you will be enjoying yourself.
Déjà vu, all over again! Is it time to move on, Paul, and find something new to support [if that's the right word :lol: ].

It's about time that those who want to move forward, move forward and those who want to live in the past stay in the past and let the rest of the fans get on with "positively" working together for the benefit of our team.

Paul Sullivan said:
I can possibly see why someone might do it. But only someone who either acknowledges a problem but wants to ignore it, or someone with too weak an argument to enter the debate.

Or they're using it like the "mute" on the remote. Switch the sound off if the commentator keeps repeating himself. If there's nothing new to say,..

Paul Sullivan said:
Finny said:
I think Paul might have mixed up jay44 with jayemm?
Thanks Finny. Precisely what happened. Another reason I advocate real instead of user names on forums (not a dig at anyone but does clear up a lot of questions).
You could always check the profile, Paul. I clearly identify myself and my seat in the BBT. Just press the profile button on the posts.

Paul Sullivan

Good to know that a simple error, immediately apologised for, gave you the chance to comment anyway.

My comment on usernames still stands, even though it wasn't aimed specifically at you (John). Not everyone is prepared to have their own name behind the opinions they post online.

The downside to doing it is that some folk read the username and not the post, responding to the former instead of the latter. It's lazy thinking and weak debate, but there you have it. Others repeat their own snipes over and over without ever actually entering the debate or adding substance to a thread on either side.

Whatever the merits of either side of the (current management) debate, the worst part of it all is that, whoever you agree or disagree with, it has split the fan base in ways not seen since the awful March of 2001. Sad stuff.

Paul Sullivan said:
Good to know that a simple error, immediately apologised for, gave you the chance to comment anyway.

My comment on usernames still stands, even though it wasn't aimed specifically at you (John). Not everyone is prepared to have their own name behind the opinions they post online.

The downside to doing it is that some folk read the username and not the post, responding to the former instead of the latter. It's lazy thinking and weak debate, but there you have it. Others repeat their own snipes over and over without ever actually entering the debate or adding substance to a thread on either side.

Whatever the merits of either side of the (current management) debate, the worst part of it all is that, whoever you agree or disagree with, it has split the fan base in ways not seen since the awful March of 2001. Sad stuff.
Don't think the split is that clear cut, there seems to be one set of fans critical of the management who want long term quality hockey and fairness for the employees of the club and another group just want to ' watch hockey' 'support the team', this doesn't necessarily follow that they support the current club management

There is a lot of common ground there Paul

Sliput

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Paul Sullivan said:

Don't think the split is that clear cut, there seems to be one set of fans critical of the management who want long term quality hockey and fairness for the employees of the club and another group just want to ' watch hockey' 'support the team', this doesn't necessarily follow that they support the current club management

There is a lot of common ground there Paul
There is , you're right ,but some of the 'watch hockey, support the team' also want long term quality hockey but have no interest in the petty arguments argued out on here and Twitter etc......