Positivity :) :)

jimmy snels

And another thread started to try and get some positive thinking and possibly a change in conversation is derailed....

Paul you've made your point along with jody on about 200 threads now. YOUR becoming the trolls. Just give it a rest, we know your opinion, your just ruining what used to be a good forum.

Ocko

As you were involved at the time a quick question if I may Paul...

Did the club act in an honourable way towards players during the time both G and PR were at the club? There didn't seem to be that much unrest at the time, although I was away for 6 months last season so I may have missed something (Osaer saga springs to mind) but it seems to me that G wasn't just a coach he had to act almost like a union rep/massive shit deflector to protect his players.

mweller

jimmy snels said:
And another thread started to try and get some positive thinking and possibly a change in conversation is derailed....
`See also "big news" thread, and, the Capital sold out one, and oh, well every other thread.

I really do understand that people want to complain, and they know more about the inner workings of the club than I do, so probably have more reason. But I think it's getting to the stage where, despite the sterling efforts of the moderators, the Inferno is becoming almost unusable. Every thread ends the same way and things like hockey or the team are rarely discussed. It is bordering on the obsessive now to see every action as a sign of the evil rulers and their machinations.

There was a thread a while back where someone said they _thought_ Davies might leave. It was then commented on as if it was fact, and had already happened. And this was further proof of the awful management. Now he may leave, lots of players swap around in the summer, but it hardly warranted the discussion.

And because people are vague about what they know and their portents of doom, they can take anything as saying "see, told you so". So what should we expect from next season? What is the baseline?

For me, I'd suggest something like 50% player turnover, we don't go bankrupt and we finish about 5th. Anything better than this and Whistle (and management) are doing a good job, less than this and then we have something to target. But at least it's not just rumour and bias, but something tangible. Of course, the baseline for others may be different, happy to haggle over it.

Finny

I can understand people getting fed up of some posters being consistently negative. But should that then work both ways?

Maybe those posters are also getting fed up of other posters being consistently positive, regardless of what has happened?

As someone who is perhaps somewhere in the middle and curious as to how the summer is going to turn out, I'm still finding the two sides of the argument interesting. At least for the time being.

Finny said:
I can understand people getting fed up of some posters being consistently negative. But should that then work both ways?

Maybe those posters are also getting fed up of other posters being consistently positive, regardless of what has happened?

As someone who is perhaps somewhere in the middle and curious as to how the summer is going to turn out, I'm still finding the two sides of the argument interesting. At least for the time being.
I think that is a fair comment.
However it would be more helpful now to those of us interested in other people’s views that both critical or positive comments should only add NEW information rather than a repetition of stuff we have now seen many times.

mweller

Finny said:

yes, I'd agree with that. God knows it'd be a very dull forum if the only posts allowed were "everything is awesome". But it's the manner in which every subject is turned into a complaint about the management that becomes tiring. Venting is good and maybe justified, but not on every thread.

mweller said:
Finny said:

yes, I'd agree with that. God knows it'd be a very dull forum if the only posts allowed were "everything is awesome". But it's the manner in which every subject is turned into a complaint about the management that becomes tiring. Venting is good and maybe justified, but not on every thread.
Agree with that comment.

jimmy snels

Finny said:

Its not constantly being negative even. Its constantly saying the same point on any and every thread no matter what the subject. I know plenty of people who aren't the greatest half full kinda people but at least they moan about different points to make a decent debate!

I'm finding peoples opinion interesting, even Kane, most groups have there odd balls lurking around, the great thing about the internet is the odd balls tend to be more vocal and easier to spot and frankly more entertaining. :pickle

Which member is Ragan. :lol:

jimmy snels

chillee said:
I'm finding peoples opinion interesting, even Kane, most groups have there odd balls lurking around, the great thing about the internet is the odd balls tend to be more vocal and easier to spot and frankly more entertaining. :pickle

Which member is Ragan. :lol:

Well it ain't you or me so thats narrowing it down a bit :lol:

KaneDevils

Sorry Paul, your a foe. What did you say? Ah, don't bother, I'm not the slightest bit interested. But I bet my mortgage you have typed QED?

Am I right?

Paul Sullivan

Anybody starting a thread of this type, on any forum, without expecting somebody to disagree would be naive in the extreme.

Anyone who expected no opposition comment in our current climate would be being deliberately misleading themselves. I also made relevant comments about the topic, albeit in opposition to the OP.

The foe thing is interesting. I could never see me using it as irrespective of what I think about a person's views, how am I supposed to listen to them (which is exactly what CDRA's open letter to me and PR requested - which the OP was involved in I believe?) if I simply put my metaphorical online fingers in my ears while singing 'la la la I can't hear you'?

I can possibly see why someone might do it. But only someone who either acknowledges a problem but wants to ignore it, or someone with too weak an argument to enter the debate.

Plus, if you still then engage your 'foe' then clearly you're not really using it properly, are you? I mean, it didn't seem a complicated concept.

Perhaps if I were to start issuing videos attacking individuals, calling Devils fans cretins on social media and charging them a fortune to watch me screw something up I would have so many more people being 'positive' about my ventures. I mean, it's working for Paul Ragan thus far with quite a few people...

Paul Sullivan

Ocko said:
As you were involved at the time a quick question if I may Paul...

Did the club act in an honourable way towards players during the time both G and PR were at the club? There didn't seem to be that much unrest at the time, although I was away for 6 months last season so I may have missed something (Osaer saga springs to mind) but it seems to me that G wasn't just a coach he had to act almost like a union rep/massive shit deflector to protect his players.
That's a very good question Ocko, and speaks to the levels of respect that many players and hockey folk have for G (and Franny).

There have been several examples of G having to resolve issues behind the scenes when PR or others have blundered. Phil Osaer is a good example. Phil's starting job was offered to Stevie Lyle without the knowledge of G or Franny. Now one might argue it is the CEO's prerogative to want whatever he likes in terms of his team, but the lack of involvement of his own coaching staff speaks to not only his lack of professionalism but also the future life-span of that person as his Coach.

That's from Stevie himself, BTW.

Coincidentally this was just prior to BP being made Managing Director (has his recent demotion been covered in a PR that I have missed, by the way?).

There are many other incidents, some very minor but taken as a whole extremely frustrating, some major.

I mean - little has been said about the team arriving at Cardiff Airport for a Belfast trip this season only to discover BP had not booked the flights, so they have to jump in a minibus and fly from Birmingham at no doubt huge cost and detriment to our chances of winning?

That's the kind of thing G used to have to smooth out on a regular basis, and did, and which I should imagine has fallen to senior players (for as long as they have remained with us this year) and now DW to fix.

I'm not saying G and Franny are perfect, but they understand hockey, they look out for player welfare, know they had a responsibility to the fans to do the best they could, and always gave 100% for the Team first, themselves second.

That is a concept that is sadly beyond our Owner and Director of Hockey.

Paul Sullivan

KaneDevils said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUVs7vXNZiw
Still nothing to add to the debate? One of us is contributing and you're right, one is being repetitive.

Poster, not the post. Even if the foe feature is beyond you, that is a very simple concept.

*add sarcastic video link and dancing smilie of choice here*

KaneDevils

Paul Sullivan said:
Scott 'I can't follow simple instructions so screwed up my own visa situation' Romfo?

Or another one?

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
And that is all because the bitter ex DJ says so! :RAWK

Wannabe2

KaneDevils said:
That is extremely rude, have a little respect for a fellow Devils fan, you may not agree with Paul's views, but everyone are entitled to there opinions, plus the fact that no one would be happier than Paul to see the Devils on top of the world. Caring about something that is very close to your heart and willing to be outspoken about it ain't a bad trait to have.

KaneDevils

Wannabe2 said:
KaneDevils said:
That is extremely rude, have a little respect for a fellow Devils fan, you may not agree with Paul's views, but everyone are entitled to there opinions, plus the fact that no one would be happier than Paul to see the Devils on top of the world. Caring about something that is very close to your heart and willing to be outspoken about it ain't a bad trait to have.
On and on. He keeps babbling the same thing over and over again. He has gripes with PR. Who cares?
This is a hockey forum not a "brain washing" campaign.
Why do people suck up because he's ex staff.

Pathetic.