Positivity :) :)

Paul Sullivan

jay44 said:
I have spoken to you once you dont know me and i would much rather have a debate on what i wrote if im honest ive never spoken too you all i know is your not the dj anymore so I dont know why your so in with the club still but i respect your opinion and just because i am ot this person you think i am i'm a 17 year old guy who watches the sport for fun and enjoys the sport not the politics of it and doesnt mind a bad year because good things are coming paul trust me even though your so much more into the club than I am
Unreserved apology. I had been informed your identity was clearly different.

Total mistake on my part, no offence meant.

jimmy snels

Paul Sullivan said:
You make a thread in a controversial, abysmal season and expect no discourse? You want to gloss over the shortcomings and forget the mistakes?

That's extreme naivety, ignorance or denial.

What seems to be coming across here is that for some, it doesn't matter what you have done or how badly you manage the Club. After a suitable period of time (less than a season for Jimmy), it's simply classed as 'the past' and you should then (even more laughably as he uses the Club's favourite mantra) 'move forward'.

Sorry to the aspiring ostriches out there but if you think the past will not predict the future then once again I say you are misleading yourselves.

Jay, requesting near-blind positivity goes against the discussions we had outside the rink, the conversations we had on twitter and the content of the letter I believe you co-drafted. You requested both sides to discuss things and listen to each other's views.

We not doing that anymore? No more UN peacekeeping analogies? Just pick up the shovel and follow the horse? Ok. Just so we are clear then.
For the record, KD brought up the guy about whom the inferno had a thread called 'Scott Romfgo'. Not me.

And for those saying I say the same one thing over and over - what is that one thing? Is it the mismanagement of the Devils EIHL team? The Ridiculous 'interaction' with the fans? The treatment of customers and sponsors? The lack of support for the ENL setup? The laughable management of the DCF?

Cos I struggle to know which one thing it is...

For all the talk of there being a 'few' people who moan constantly, there are a few people who also consistently throw labels around and use terms like 'bitter' without knowing me, or speaking to me about things. I have thoroughly enjoyed the freedom of being able to work, watch a webcast (if working) or any other activity on the 30-odd dates my diary normally has blocked out. Bitter? Like hell. Just because that's what PR is feeding you on Devils TV you don't have to believe it Kane. Or maybe you do, as so far you have persistently avoided actually debating things with me.

So feel free to keep swallowing the guff, keep sweeping under the carpet and keep 'moving forward' if that suits you. Totally your prerogative.

I will choose a different path.
To pick you up on something, you constantly moan about people not talking about the post and attacking the poster yet do this to me ALOT as well as many others.
As for the "moving forward" i mantra yep its a buzz word used alot in big business and one which I use in work alot. Mainly because there is shit all point of going round and round in circles for months or even years. Debate the points made, form opinion or concensus if possible, if not make a rational decision based on the facts you have. I just want the inferno to talk hockey again. If you have a problem with me personally feel free to come see me by the bar end of the rink standing behind the goal.

For all I think its obvious that its obvious that its time to move on all be it cautiously. Hence why id advise any season ticket holder to go direct debit just incase you are right!

Paul Sullivan

Finny said:
I think Paul might have mixed up jay44 with jayemm?
Thanks Finny. Precisely what happened. Another reason I advocate real instead of user names on forums (not a dig at anyone but does clear up a lot of questions).

Paul Sullivan

jimmy snels said:
To pick you up on something, you constantly moan about people not talking about the post and attacking the poster yet do this to me ALOT as well as many others.
As for the "moving forward" i mantra yep its a buzz word used alot in big business and one which I use in work alot. Mainly because there is shit all point of going round and round in circles for months or even years. Debate the points made, form opinion or concensus if possible, if not make a rational decision based on the facts you have. I just want the inferno to talk hockey again. If you have a problem with me personally feel free to come see me by the bar end of the rink standing behind the goal.

For all I think its obvious that its obvious that its time to move on all be it cautiously. Hence why id advise any season ticket holder to go direct debit just incase you are right!
Wasn't an attack. You posted that you thought it was time to move on or forward as it was 'in the past', and that conclusion has occurred in the same season as the incidents you have also stated you thought were detrimental to the Club.

So apologies if you took it as an attack but it was a blunt, literal summation of what you had posted. Not about you personally.

Paul Sullivan

Yes. Which is why I changed mine. Though this was after somebody idiotically suggested that 'Rhythm' was an official username for the Club :DWD

I have previously had several conversations with the Mods here saying I think real names - or at the very least real names / email addresses when registering - would solve much of the sniping we have seen on the inferno.

The difference with some usernames is the identity of the user is known. Not everyone can, or in some prominent cases have the intestinal fortitude, to disclose the identity behind their posts. Not aiming that at you, just making a point.

So back to the OP - on a scale of 1 to 10 how positive is everyone feeling? Has the tactic of holding a financial gun to the head of the fan base energised people into buying an inflated season ticket before the moved deadline as they don't want to face an even more inflated ST price post deadline? Has the sole signing of TK made the difference?

Curious to know as, if the lone point (still waiting for that to be defined) that I and others are making has become background noise, all the misdoings are 'in the past' and we should 'move on or move forward', then all is well, yes?

Couple of solid results for the boys usually cause quite an opinion swing as to whether the sky is falling or not, in victory and also in defeat.

So - is the grass now once again green in our valley?

Sliput

Paul Sullivan said:
Yes. Which is why I changed mine. Though this was after somebody idiotically suggested that 'Rhythm' was an official username for the Club :DWD

I have previously had several conversations with the Mods here saying I think real names - or at the very least real names / email addresses when registering - would solve much of the sniping we have seen on the inferno.

The difference with some usernames is the identity of the user is known. Not everyone can, or in some prominent cases have the intestinal fortitude, to disclose the identity behind their posts. Not aiming that at you, just making a point.

So back to the OP - on a scale of 1 to 10 how positive is everyone feeling? Has the tactic of holding a financial gun to the head of the fan base energised people into buying an inflated season ticket before the moved deadline as they don't want to face an even more inflated ST price post deadline? Has the sole signing of TK made the difference?

Curious to know as, if the lone point (still waiting for that to be defined) that I and others are making has become background noise, all the misdoings are 'in the past' and we should 'move on or move forward', then all is well, yes?

Couple of solid results for the boys usually cause quite an opinion swing as to whether the sky is falling or not, in victory and also in defeat.

I was only joking Paul :D

As for feeling positive or not ?? Not really sure, my love for this club has dwindled in the last couple of years and I am actually at the point now where, if there was an announcement the club is folding I wouldn't be devastated. This isn't a knock on the club / fans etc...I think it is just a natural progression for me.

The problem with the off-ice stuff is that too many people are battling for too many different things, some for the club, some for themselves. There are posters on each side which are doing themselves and the club no favours. The constant condescending/bullying post are not helping anyone.

Even though both sides deny it, there are huge agendas working around the forums/Twitter but for me personally it makes me less inclined to go to games as everyone talks about the politics etc....

I know my attitude will annoy some but I can only go by how I feel and what I perceive. If this club does fail and disappear , Ragan/Pope etc...will have to shoulder the blame with all the bad decisions, bad dealings or what ever you want to call it BUT some fans will also have to accept that some of their actions also contributed .

Sad times for me.

Paul Sullivan

That's fair enough.

What I struggle with is the willingness of some to ignore the points made simply BECAUSE of the source, or the perception that there is an agenda.

It's like 'well, I can see that there have been huge mistakes but because it is 'X' saying so, I am going to ignore it / move forwards.'

There have been plenty of very nasty things said publicly and privately but I read or listen to them all. How could I possibly debate them otherwise? If I ignored the opinions of those with whom I am at variance simply because of their source I would rightly be accused of being narrow minded. That's a two way street.

Funnily enough the only PR the Club has issued this entire season that has worked has been to make it look like its personal for a few of us. I can understand why some might make that conclusion, even without knowing or speaking to a few of us.

But ignoring decisions, actions, mistakes and colossal blunders just because of the poster / owner of the twitter account - that's deliberate ignorance and denial and I just don't get that.

I think part of the larger, often unspoken problem is that screwing up wouldn't be so bad if it was owned, learned from and rectified. But norsing it up and telling us it has improved really rankles.That insult to the intelligence fully underlines the stance that PR really does think of many fans as Cretins.

That and the constant fear tactics about losing the Club, having no hockey without PR, if you don't pay these hiked prices the team will be dreadful - it's just flat out abuse of a customer base that is already dwindling under their stewardship.

Only so many times you should be able to urinate on someone's back and tell them it's raining before they move their position.

874 Season tickets were sold / contra'd last year IIRC. And that was after a terribly hard end to the season on the ice, proving that this fan base supports its teams. This year's number will not, imho, be able to see that mark with a telescope. And that's down to the off-ice decisions.

Earnie

If last night is anything to measure by , people were lined up to the door before the game and during period breaks buying their early ST offer (me included)

Sheincar

Earnie said:
If last night is anything to measure by , people were lined up to the door before the game and during period breaks buying their early ST offer (me included)
When I was at the desk a number were only waiting to get replacement DD forms.

jimmy snels

Sliput said:
Paul Sullivan said:

I was only joking Paul :D

As for feeling positive or not ?? Not really sure, my love for this club has dwindled in the last couple of years and I am actually at the point now where, if there was an announcement the club is folding I wouldn't be devastated. This isn't a knock on the club / fans etc...I think it is just a natural progression for me.

The problem with the off-ice stuff is that too many people are battling for too many different things, some for the club, some for themselves. There are posters on each side which are doing themselves and the club no favours. The constant condescending/bullying post are not helping anyone.

Even though both sides deny it, there are huge agendas working around the forums/Twitter but for me personally it makes me less inclined to go to games as everyone talks about the politics etc....

I know my attitude will annoy some but I can only go by how I feel and what I perceive. If this club does fail and disappear , Ragan/Pope etc...will have to shoulder the blame with all the bad decisions, bad dealings or what ever you want to call it BUT some fans will also have to accept that some of their actions also contributed .

Sad times for me.
Pretty much how I feel. I Don't love it as much as I did because of all the rubbish going round and round (and round and round and. ...). This was the first season id say I've not thoroughly enjoyed in the main. I just want to go watch some hockey and talk some during the breaks and come debate that on the inferno in the main. It's time to move on & I hope next season all this can be put to bed

Sliput

Sheincar said:
Earnie said:
What was the DD forms ( Replacement or otherwise) for ???? Season tickets !!!!!

mazza03

OK I put my form in last night to renew,the main reason is the hike in price if you don't do it by the end of March, I'm still unsure if I want to but my daughter does and she wouldn't go if I didn't. BUT and it's a big one, if things don't pan our well I will stop my DD and walk away. Simples

Sheincar

Sliput said:
Sheincar said:
Earnie said:
I picked up a DD form BUT I'm not doing my ST yet & may never do it.

Sheincar said:
Sliput said:
I picked up a DD form BUT I'm not doing my ST yet & may never do it.
Same for me, still trying to justify the cost for something that I've enjoyed a lot less this year, but picked up the forms in case I do.