Playoff Rumours

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
he looked rather lazy in some of the games i seen him V us this year
Yeh maybe thats it, I just can't seem to take to him. He seems quite slow, and therefore looks like he isn't doing much. Didn't score as much as I would have wanted a first line centre to either.

Merthyr Devil said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
he looked rather lazy in some of the games i seen him V us this year
Yeh maybe thats it, I just can't seem to take to him. He seems quite slow, and therefore looks like he isn't doing much. Didn't score as much as I would have wanted a first line centre to either.
yeah he does lack some speed, did he not have a knee injury when we first signed him and wasnt fully fit?? which may be why he did not score as much as he struggled at the begining?

I'd love Mark Smith back too... but sometimes it's not about what we want is it? Sometimes players want (and deserve) more money than we can give them. Sly was injured when he played for us and shifted between centre and wing. But look at his stats for this season... only a few behind Calder ... and that's playing mostly on a second line.

I think it would be a major steal if we enticed one of our former players who now plays in Europe back to these shores. Look at the exchange rate... they'd make a lot lot more money staying where they are.

Gazza272

In regards to Smithy, i know that he doesnt particularly like the language barrier of europe. He's probably made a fair whack in Italy the past two seasons, so maybe just maybe money wont be as much of an issue for him.

Would love to see him back on these shores.

Koop11

I’d take Smithy and/or Sly in a heart beat. However, it’s always important to remember everyone is replaceable and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in a new player just as gifted. Here’s hoping.

rolf

Koop11 said:
I’d take Smithy and/or Sly in a heart beat. However, it’s always important to remember everyone is replaceable and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in a new player just as gifted. Here’s hoping.
Exactly and most of us had never heard of Matt Elich till he signed for us. Look at us now though but.To quote a tv show: snog, marry or avoid................

Wannabe2 said:
Rumours of Sylvain Clouthier going to Hull as player coach.
quite an interesting one...its a good thing to see that hull are signing a "bigger" name than usual...hopefully they can get a tidy team together this year.

Aren't we due to be announcing two new players by the end of this week?

Any thoughts? (I don't know if 'new' means totally new or returning players.

Soundwave1 said:
Aren't we due to be announcing two new players by the end of this week?

Any thoughts? (I don't know if 'new' means totally new or returning players.
i heard it was two new players..i dont mind as long as they are good :lol:

Soundwave1 said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
i hope it is 2 New players to the league and not old players etc, we need some new blood in our league Like Latulippe and Elich were,
Even if it's 2 of Smith/Birbraer/ Deschatelets? :lol:
well i would take Smith and maybe Sly but like people have mentioned there are players just as good as they are which have not been seen in this league so it will make other teams more wary of them,
i would welcome any 2 of those 3 back though :D

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
Ugly Betty said:
One player I hope we consider is Danny Stewart (the one from the Bison- good points production under difficult circumstances)
To go with his stinking attitude? No thanks
Sadly, up to the point of his leaving the Bison, Stewart would have been a great signing for the Devils - and many of us on the forum were guessing he might be signed. :( BUT.... he blew his reputation amongst fans and other clubs with the way he left the Bison high and dry. :evil: A fantastic player to watch but the Devils don't do prima donnas.

puck

ASHIPP said:
Rempel16 said:
Ugly Betty said:
One player I hope we consider is Danny Stewart (the one from the Bison- good points production under difficult circumstances)
To go with his stinking attitude? No thanks
Sadly, up to the point of his leaving the Bison, Stewart would have been a great signing for the Devils - and many of us on the forum were guessing he might be signed. :( BUT.... he blew his reputation amongst fans and other clubs with the way he left the Bison high and dry. :evil: A fantastic player to watch but the Devils don't do prima donnas.
Surely you can't judge players for leaving a club in financial trouble that wasn't giving you support in playing your game, improving your skill, paying you on time etc.

Short memory!
Jarvis left Bison last January
Lyle left Bison last Spring
Silverthorn left Edinburgh two years ago

All players who have since shown loyalty.

Don't be too quick to judge a player for abandoning a sinking ship, hockey is their livelihood and their career, sometimes you have to make a decision on that basis.