Playoff Rumours

Burgy said:
As was mentioned some time ago now Jody is off to Norway and has been scouted all season by teams. The odds of him staying are slim. He'd be a fool not to go over.

Id like to see the return of Lyle. Im a big Lyle fan and also like the idea of that extra import slot for a goal scoring machine import
But what gives this guy the right to come back to Cardiff, when his missus feels like coming back(thats what iv'e head anyway) nah i'm happy with Aubs myself, i was never a big Lyle fan....

august04

Wannabe2 said:
Burgy said:
As was mentioned some time ago now Jody is off to Norway and has been scouted all season by teams. The odds of him staying are slim. He'd be a fool not to go over.

Id like to see the return of Lyle. Im a big Lyle fan and also like the idea of that extra import slot for a goal scoring machine import
Are you real or what, you would be happy to see Aubs go, thats one of the most insane comments i have heard for a long long time. So so weird.
As you were so quick to point out in a recent reply to one of my comments, everybody has a right to an opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. That's the point of an open forum.

I'm in two minds about this. I personnaly have never experienced Lyle playing on a regular basis (only when Belfast come here) however for one of the "top 4" to have him in their net instead of an import goalie must prove that he is off a good standard. Also the option of having a free import slot is very enticing as it could be very beneficial. However that is nothing to say that I want to get rid of Aubs, as I feel he is one of the players this season who is most deserving of a new contract. He is amazing on and off the ice and even occasionally helps out in my training sessions which is nice. However I cannot judge Lyle on this. Along with this, it has also been suggested that Aubs had a big part to play in joe myers' improvement. Not to mention that he has saved our skin on a few occasions this season.

Can Jody still play for GB if he goes and plays in another country? Seems strange if he does leave and then gives up the right to play for GB after taking so long to be eligible.

Think Lyle is on a two year deal with us at Belfast but I'm not to fussed whether he is back or not, think there are better goalies out there. Having only watched the devils 6 times this season I would think that you would stick with Aubs and if not can we have him :)

ASHIPP

scottydoesntknow said:
Other rumours are:
Rieter to blaze
Verner to steelers
McAllister to Belfast/Nottingham
I'm not crying over any of those moves - it was inevitable that the Blaze would look for a new goalie because Perras has been so inconsistent. And if Lehman is leaving, then the Steelers need someone.
So do we - WE NEED AUBS!! :D

drainage

ASHIPP said:
scottydoesntknow said:
Other rumours are:
Rieter to blaze
Verner to steelers
McAllister to Belfast/Nottingham
I'm not crying over any of those moves - it was inevitable that the Blaze would look for a new goalie because Perras has been so inconsistent. And if Lehman is leaving, then the Steelers need someone.
So do we - WE NEED AUBS!! :D
If Jody is leaving can I suggest Bob/Matsos gets in touch with RADA or the College of Music and Drama - that arm waving "what me" act he does can surely on be replaced by a true thespian !!

scottydoesntknow said:
some rumours going on other forums are:
Luke Fulghum - Cardiff
Sylvain Deschatelets - Cardiff
David Beauregard - Nottingham
i would not mind Fulgram coming to us, looked very good when he played agaisnt us,

So rumours are MacAllister and Beauregard could be going to Panthers, 2 players who will not be cheap

haha
I've also heard

Finnerty - panthers
Latulippe - Belgium
Molin - Sweden

haha I think just about every player in the league is going to be linked with the panthers by the start of the new season :lol:

So with Aubry now gone the Rumour/Idea of having Lyle is not out of the question.

It would free up that invaluable import slot as we only get 10 for a game night.