Playoff Rumours

Thread starter #1
Thought it would be interesting to put all the playoff rumours together, there's always plenty! I've heard a few already,

Stevie Lyle to Devils (from a decent source)
Wes Jarvis has re-signed for next season.
Ashley Tait to Denmark.
Jody Lehman to Europe.
Chris McCalister to Belfast

I was talking to Stevie's dad Roy at a belfast game a month or so ago and he told me belfast had already signed him for next season as they were concerned about the whole ITC card issue and didint want to take a risk of losing him

A

Anonymous

I heard that Lyle hasn't made any commitment to Belfast :?: I know he wants to get back to Cardiff......Well his Mrs does :lol:

ASHIPP

rissnruss said:
I heard that Lyle hasn't made any commitment to Belfast :?: I know he wants to get back to Cardiff......Well his Mrs does :lol:
But what about Aubs - what's going to happen? :?

Also that Phil (Hill) now negociating contract to return next season...excellent :D

A

Anonymous

We'll soon see..at the mo theres alot a speculation on who's staying who's leaving and who's coming, nothing is written in blood well not yet :lol:

I can't see Aubrey going...well I hope not !

I know Lyle is a Brit, but lets be fair Aubry deserves another season here asuming he want's to stay, the guy has stood on his head for us this year.... :)

Ocko

We get that Lyle rumour every year, dont hold your breath.

Same as we are gonna get a Mark Smith rumour for the next few seasons, that I hope is true.

I think we could really do with a player who's been around a bit and has experience, something we've lacked this year. Someone in the Hodge and Courtenay mold, but obviously not quite as old as Courtenay is now but maybe early 30's. Brigley is 32 and playing in Europe....

Ocko

I will be quite disappointed to see Jody leave the league. He's a character and that what this league needs.

There will be plenty of Bison players floating about next year as I cannot see that many of their decent players following them to the EPL.

As was mentioned some time ago now Jody is off to Norway and has been scouted all season by teams. The odds of him staying are slim. He'd be a fool not to go over.

Id like to see the return of Lyle. Im a big Lyle fan and also like the idea of that extra import slot for a goal scoring machine import

Wannabe2

Burgy said:
As was mentioned some time ago now Jody is off to Norway and has been scouted all season by teams. The odds of him staying are slim. He'd be a fool not to go over.

Id like to see the return of Lyle. Im a big Lyle fan and also like the idea of that extra import slot for a goal scoring machine import
Are you real or what, you would be happy to see Aubs go, thats one of the most insane comments i have heard for a long long time. So so weird.

ASHIPP

Like I said on another thread, Matt and G hopefully will be offering Aubs ANYTHING he wants to get him to sign a contract with us! :lol:

Seriously Lyle v Aubry......... or anyone else v Aubry? No contest.

[quote="Wannabe2]
Are you real or what, you would be happy to see Aubs go, thats one of the most insane comments i have heard for a long long time. So so weird.[/quote]

Thats my opinion. Sorry if it does not agree with yours and many others. Yes Aubry has been good and saved our Bacon many times. But im just a fan of Lyle and would like to see him back in a Devils jersey freeing up that Import slot for a great goal scorer

Ocko

The thought of having an extra import slot is enticing but for me Lyle makes too many mistakes. He makes some fantastics saves admitedly, that you really dont expect him to get, but he's always prone to a clanger now and again. Aubry isnt flashy but gets the job done without hardly any mistakes in his game at all.

Lyle will probably cost more than Aubry as he's British so the argument could be: 'Why dont we get an outstanding British point machine like Lobby, Weaver or Shields and get an import goalie'

....its six of one half a dozen of the other.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:
Burgy said:

Are you real or what, you would be happy to see Aubs go, thats one of the most insane comments i have heard for a long long time. So so weird.
Miscued on this one.

Wannabe2

Thats my opinion. Sorry if it does not agree with yours and many others. Yes Aubry has been good and saved our Bacon many times. But im just a fan of Lyle and would like to see him back in a Devils jersey freeing up that Import slot for a great goal scorer

Whatever floats your boat mate.????????????