PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

Thread starter #1
E-mail received today from CDRA:

Dear Member

PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

The 2013-2014 season, as we all know, has been a particularly difficult one for Cardiff Devils’ fans for many reasons. The CDRA have worked with management to ensure that match night went smoothly and that fans have a mix of off- ice events which gave them the opportunity to meet up with players and have some fun. Things didn’t go too well on the ice and we were aware of a number of rumours that were circulating regarding the team and the Club. The ongoing rumours and fan protests culminated in February with the CDRA asking fans to submit their concerns to us and we would liaise with the Club for answers. One of the questions coming out of this exercise was:

CDRA Question: Can the Club assure fans that all players have been paid by the Club everything that they are owed for salary and any expenses for sticks, kit, skates, travel, etc, incurred?

Club Answer: Yes, and they always have been.I would like to meet any players who claim we have failed to meet our obligations financially, as I know of NONE!

We are now aware that this is not actually the case and as a result are withdrawing it from the Q&A statement we published in February. In reality, at that time there were many players that were owed money, some of it from pre-season for equipment, some of it for flights and some from actual salary. Sadly the players have been unable to speak up for fear of losing more money, their jobs or both and for fear of affecting their future employment. The CDRA would like to apologise to the players for issuing that statement as it must have been a very bitter pill for them to swallow knowing what the real situation was, we can assure them that at the time we acted on trust. We would also like to apologise to the fans as well for communicating inaccurate information.

We are now aware that players have been continually chasing the Club for payment throughout the ENTIRE season as the receipt money for visas, travel, etc, did not materialise in the first week of the season as promised. Some players were paid a month late, others 7 months or more late. Some players were CONTINUALLY paid salary beyond the contractual payment date of the last day of the month - often resulting in players playing games without being paid all/some of the previous months wages (as they are paid in arrears). Players often had to borrow money to meet their own commitments due to the late payment of wages and we are aware that at least one player in particular gave his own money where some players were suffering hardship.

As a supporters club, the role of the CDRA is to support the team on and off the ice, working with the Club to ensure that the team have the best possible chance of securing success for the Club and the supporters. We don’t believe that the situation regarding non/late payment of monies due is the way to secure this success or indeed the way to treat people properly. We feel that we have no alternative but to act in support of the players and for the future of the Cardiff Devils. As a result we have withdrawn our support from the Club until such time that all debts to players have been settled, we also want to find some way of raising the money to pay the players ourselves. This, as we know, is not an ideal situation and we would very much like the Club to fulfil its obligations to the players, however, if we maintained this stance it may be at the expense of players not receiving what they are owed and we are not prepared for this to happen.

During the past few weeks we have asked the Club to justify the reasons for withholding the money and none have been forthcoming, we have asked them to make the payments and still sadly some remain outstanding. It is not action we want to take but we feel strongly that we have little option if we are here to support Cardiff Devils players.

The reputation of Cardiff Devils is at stake and we are determined that players will not be let down by everyone involved and that the well renowned passion of the fan base will once again show how much they care about the players. If, having raised the money and paid the players, the Club pay what they are obliged to, we will donate the money to a nominated charity to ensure that it goes to another worthy cause.

We don’t want this to turn into another social media war in which only words and bad feeling are the outcome, the situation isn’t good but we can help to turn it around. Please feel free to let us know if you have ideas for fundraising or any other information you may feel will help by emailing: committee@cardiffdevilsredarmy.co.uk To make a donation please send cheques made payable to “Cardiff Devils Red Army” to Katrina Williams, 60 Guenever Close, Thornhill, Cardiff, CF14 9AH

Lisa Guildford

For and on behalf of Cardiff Devils Red Army (CDRA)

jimmy snels

Where to I sign up for the militia? :lol:
Totally disgusting. Ragans position is becoming completely untenable as our owner. Time for him to follow popes lead and go!

Our reputation will be in tatters for years thanks to this season.

Foxy

Well i think that is the final nail in the coffin then.

I think a few posters owe the so called militia one blinking big apology.....

Really angry about this and the continuous lies that we have been fed :evil:

SORAC will be getting behind any fundraising activities to get the players what they are owed, not as a help to Paul Ragan but as a gesture from the Cardiff Fans to these players that have already suffered enough at the hands of the club management

wildthing74

I love this club but untold damage could be done to our future in recruiting players and this has to be resolved ASAP.Which ever side of the fence you sit on right is right and this is not fair.
How would the club feel if fans/sponsors did not meet their financial obligation to the club?These guys did their bit and the club needs to honour theirs.

Sad state of affairs :DWD

Finny

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well I guess that explains the lack of signings in recent weeks. You can't blame players for not wanting to return if they are still owed money.

On behalf of the CDRA may I say the decision to withdraw / suspend our support hasn't been taken lightly. We have tried to work with the current club management to resolve this issue and have received no responses or willingness to work with us.

Therefore, in order to protect Cardiff Devils and the players affected, we are asking for your support.

Regards
Katrina Williams

Diafol

nicky27 said:
I'm very worried about the money coming out off my account for next years season ticket now
You're not the only one, I guess this explains the deal with Future Financials then.
Bang goes our ST money ? :evil:

So much for loyalty - it would seem that players and fans alike have been conned in equal measures.

As I said yesterday on the rumours blog,that maybe we haven't announced any new signings so far,that there maybe is a new owner in the wings(please God).
With this terrible news that certain players have not been paid wages for last season and with Regan being totally dishonest with the Devil fans,I can see no way for him to continue as the owner of the Cardiff Devils.
I for one will only be pleased to donate money to the fund as long as Regan now goes.
I am not prepared to subsidise him with his poor running of our club.

Chris

Administrator
Thread stickied.

Not going to have time to do much in the next few days due to exams, but if the first post needs amending/adding to then someone give me a pm and i'll try to keep it updated, rather than losing important updates in what's probably going to become a multi page thread as this omnishambles rumbles on :(

Foxy said:
I think a few posters owe the so called militia one blinking big apology.....

Really angry about this and the continuous lies that we have been fed :evil:
Absolutely, but don't expect them to come crawling out anytime soon.
Remember that line spun by Ragan, "The Club is in the best position that it has been for years" Sorry but it has to be the worst, and yes I included Bob's tenure, at least he was passionate about the sport.

Ragan do us all a favour and sling your hook now, without holding the Club to ransom by looking for the highest bidder :x

mazza03

So what happens now to us poor fools who are paying for our ST? after 24 years a fan I'm sick to my stomach.

To the Devils players affected by this I apologize from the bottom of my heart for Ragan, I wish I could win some big money.

august04

How can the league management sit by and allow this to happen to players? Time for the EIHL to grow a pair and sling Ragan out of the league. If he takes the Devils name with him, so be it. Award a new Cardiff set up to a fit and proper person to run a club.

Mooney#16

The players should be paid every penny they are owed. They risk their health even life when they lace up. The reward being to be paid to play the game. If that doesn't exist you've got nothing. I'll try to be optimistic on some subjects but on this subject you embarrass yourself Mr Ragan. It is down right exploitation and has no part in society let alone professional sport.

Finny

I notice the club will be issuing a statement on Tuesday. It'll probably be something along the lines of:

"It was all Brent Pope's fault"

august04 said:
How can the league management sit by and allow this to happen to players? Time for the EIHL to grow a pair and sling Ragan out of the league. If he takes the Devils name with him, so be it. Award a new Cardiff set up to a fit and proper person to run a club.
+1 and I'm sure 100 hundreds of fellow Devils fans

At last , it's finally come out that ALL what has been said by some lifelong supporters, named by Ragan as the MILITIA, is TRUE !
Not only has RAGAN not paid the players.
Not paid Planet Ice for ice time.
Told lie after lie.
Treated fans and sponsors like dirt.
AND ROBBED EVERY PARENT OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY BY LEAVING THE DCF PENNILESS !
People like Jamie Elson and Brent Pope should be ashamed of themselves for backing this man whilst he did this to everybody and used money that was paid by parents for their kids to enjoy and play a sport they love. To finance his own pocket.
Armchair Coach you are one of them too.
Everybody must get together to force Ragan to walk away NOW and let the other interested parties take over this once great and proud club that he is ruining.
Now is the time for the TRUE hockey fans to show who they really support !!!'

Finally just so that the people I have named know who I am........
YOU NOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR BAN ........ I WILL BE THERE ON MONDAY AT TRAINING. WILL YOU ?