PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

Well one thing is for sure with the May deadline coming up for the next level of reduced ST's - a lot of fans were probably wondering if they will part with approx £500 for their Season Ticket next season...well with this news, coupled with the fact that we only have 1 possibly 2 players signed makes this one very easy decision - Ragan, your position is now untenable - get our of our club and our city and let someone with integrity take over running our once proud club - you have ruined us beyond belief...now sod off so we can at least start the long process of rebuilding.

Ragan will NOT be getting any money of mine unless things change - over 20 years of hockey and for the 1st time I don't want to go back...Thank you Pope and Ragan for ruining what was a major part of mine, and many others lives...

toy_car_uk said:
Would it be feasible to hold a game to raise funds?
Could teams be put together, Ice time arranged ect.?
Would people be interested?
That would work for me. It would be interesting to know roughly how much is owed so that we have a ballpark target.

Ocko

It worked before, so it should work again.

Knowing Ragan though he would probably think any fundraising is a show of support for him, to help him and the club out of this situation! The whole fan base need to unite to force him out, he simply cannot run this club anymore. He just turned the militia into a Brigade!

To be honest, I'd prefer any money raised to towards taking Ragan to court, paying the player's salaries owed is a cop out for Ragan. Pope obviously had a conversation with him along the lines of "Hey don't worry about paying the players, the fans are so loyal to their players they will bail them out as they have done in previous years".
I know of at least one player taking him to court so lets help with any court costs
The writing has been on the walls for a few months...why do you think Pope left so quickly...

I admire the fans generosity & intentions of coming to the aid financially to those who are owed money but firstly & most importantly prior to this shouldn't we be demanding what has happened to the large sum of money Ragan has received from early bird season ticket money??
Surely first priority with this money would be to settle up in full all monies owed to ALL PLAYERS!!

I would question what would taking legal action achieve though.
Would it be Ragan players took legal action against or the club/company?
How long before the current limited company is wound up like Rink Corp Limited and the players join a list creditors?

The players completed the season under terrible conditions, who did they do that for? I would wager it was not the club, or the owner but rather the fans and each other. This is my opinion, I shouldn't have to give money again above last years tickets to pay players, but the players didn't have to stick around being treated the way they have been and it is for them I am willing to help how I can now.

I also made a personal decision not to financially support club under its current management/owner after the 2013/2014 season. Not at least until things changed for the better. I will quite happy drive to Fife and back for a mid week game, just not down the road to the BBT.

Too many hangers on last season!
They should have released the likes of La Costa as soon as he retired, harsh but that's professional sport and the club must come first!
I wonder who is to blame or was it done intentionally as a tax loss or a way to wind the club up as the present set up probably won't be following the team into the new rink?

Sheincar

Dwoods said:
Well one thing is for sure with the May deadline coming up for the next level of reduced ST's - a lot of fans were probably wondering if they will part with approx £500 for their Season Ticket next season...well with this news, coupled with the fact that we only have 1 possibly 2 players signed makes this one very easy decision - Ragan, your position is now untenable - get our of our club and our city and let someone with integrity take over running our once proud club - you have ruined us beyond belief...now sod off so we can at least start the long process of rebuilding.

Ragan will NOT be getting any money of mine unless things change - over 20 years of hockey and for the 1st time I don't want to go back...Thank you Pope and Ragan for ruining what was a major part of mine, and many others lives...
TBH the only way I'll be buying ticket at this rate is if Ragan announces he has sold club - not that he is selling because he could still back out. It would have to be a done deal.

Sheincar

toy_car_uk said:
I would question what would taking legal action achieve though.
Would it be Ragan players took legal action against or the club/company?
How long before the current limited company is wound up like Rink Corp Limited and the players join a list creditors?

The players completed the season under terrible conditions, who did they do that for? I would wager it was not the club, or the owner but rather the fans and each other. This is my opinion, I shouldn't have to give money again above last years tickets to pay players, but the players didn't have to stick around being treated the way they have been and it is for them I am willing to help how I can now.

I also made a personal decision not to financially support club under its current management/owner after the 2013/2014 season. Not at least until things changed for the better. I will quite happy drive to Fife and back for a mid week game, just not down the road to the BBT.
I fully expect last season's company to be phoenixed.

Budgie said:
They should have released the likes of La Costa as soon as he retired, harsh but that's professional sport and the club must come first!
I wonder who is to blame or was it done intentionally as a tax loss or a way to wind the club up as the present set up probably won't be following the team into the new rink?
So you think that someone whose career was cut short by injuries received whilst playing for the club should be cut loose? Hell of a way of attracting next seasons players, presumably being an ex insurance magnate ;) Ragan would have had cover in place for such eventualities and would receive payment for Dan, his Employee and should have passed that on to Dan in lieu of wages.

It may be a professional sport but the players are employees and have rights, which include the right to claim for an injury at work. Perhaps the club felt that by keeping him on, he didn't incur any financial loss and therefore any claim would have been reduced and they could protect any reputation, they may have left, for recruiting purposes

It is also illegal for employers to withhold wages to their employees. You are entitled to give 7 days days written notice to the employer, this includes E Mail requesting payment, then County Court depending on the owed amount or my personal favourite is to use the High Court, more expensive, but more power to enforce repossession of property etc etc.

chillee said:
It is also illegal for employers to withhold wages to their employees. You are entitled to give 7 days days written notice to the employer, this includes E Mail requesting payment, then County Court depending on the owed amount or my personal favourite is to use the High Court, more expensive, but more power to enforce repossession of property etc etc.
What are the assets though, a few old sticks and jerseys, names and logos (IP rights still in dispute ). Could end up costing the players more especially from overseas could be a big risk for them especially if the company is wound up or goes in to voluntary liquidation. The owner knows the players are aware of this and its a fair gamble on his part that they wont chase this up

Ocko

Budgie said:
What a ridiculous thing to say. So sacking a player because of a career ending injury sustained while under the employment of the club is professional sport? There is nothing professional about that - it's illegal to sack him for that reason. Insurance would have covered his wages if we had any. Lacosta's injury isn't the reason we are in the position we are in.

And what has tax avoidance got to do with the monthly pay and expenses of players? He hasn't paid them because of his and Pope's bad management of the club. No one is to blame other than those two. Surely we're past making excuses for them after this latest revelation?

Ocko said:
Budgie said:

And what has tax avoidance got to do with the monthly pay and expenses of players? He hasn't paid them because of his and Pope's bad management of the club. No one is to blame other than those two. Surely we're past making excuses for them after this latest revelation?
We would hope so but I wouldn't hold my breath, a few of the regular apologists have yet to post since.

Having said that its time to move on together but not behind the current management, they can no longer lead the club in to the new arena and restore it to former glories

Mooney#16

The creditors (of which the players are some) are in a no win situation really and they have my sympathy. No point taking a run at the company legally as as people have said it will be liquidation and after tax and accountants fees they get pennies anyway. The money is gone. Where its gone heaven only knows.

One light if I might though. I would start petitioning the league asap to via an EGM write in an operating cluase that if a league owner takes his team into liquidation the franchise becomes void and the only way to get it back or retain it is submit your fee and business case once again to the remaining board members and have it approved again. Hence if they try the phoenix trick they truely do lose all assets. Not sure of its legal grounding but it would sure make the owners wake up to running their teams in the correct manner as they actually stood to lose a real terms monetary asset not just allow the liabilities to rest with their creditors.

Then the creditors would at least have an avenue of threat to bring the ownership to the table.

Chris

Administrator
KaneDevils and Jody, I don't have the time to deal with you 2 acting like children and derailing this thread. Your last replies have been deleted.

If you want to demand apologies from each other, then take it to pm; otherwise your posts are going to be deleted without warning, the thread will be locked (which I don't particularly want to do) or i'll just remove posting privileges from you both until I have time to babysit the forum again.

I would still purse Ragan through the courts, just over principle, I'm kinda like that though, I did it to a client for a £22.00 outstanding invoice. He was never going to get further business from me so what the hell.

The satisfaction of watching him throw a cheque at the presiding Judge, to then have to apologise after a huge lecture was classic and worth every penny.

I would advise the players to do likewise, I'd also advice them to seek clarification via lawyers as to the EIHL rules and clarify what enforcement the EIHL have done or not done in this matter, I'm no expert, but for a member to refuse wages and have it ignored by a governing body is inexcusable, it could be the beginning of further measures to protect players.

We expect them to play a sport that potential could have life changing injuries, the least they deserve is both financial and medical stability should the worst happen.

I've just read the statement from CDRA with great interest having been a Devils supporter for over 25 years. To make such a statement I would expect a lot more detail about who is owed money, how much, when is it owed from? This information then becomes the evidence from which we the devils fans who aren't 'in the know' can make a fair judgement on the rights and wrongs of this awful situation. Regan claims he has paid the players in full, just to now say 'we now know he hasn't' is a long way short of the information we need to know I'm afraid.