PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

ASHIPP

Would have thought this was an optimum time for a team to join the EPL to balance the absence of Slough. This would give continuity and the safeguard that the other EPL teams would not lose game revenue from the absence of one team.

Travel costs would be lowered but what about the club entry fees upon application to that league?

Wonder if a conference system will be introduced into EPL?

wildthing74 wrote:
Kerry wrote:
DevilDom wrote:

If the ElHL do side with Ragan I could bare a season without hockey to get rid of him or maybe Greenbank could set up an EPL team for a year or two?

I doubt very much that the EPL would want a Cardiff based team in their league. Most teams are fairly local to each other and they may not want the extra cost in travel. Also, it would be unfair on the EPL to join for a year or two and then pull the team out. They rely on so many games a season and , as this season with Slough pulling out they will have to find ways of recouping the revenue.

Not that I think we will go that route but surely EPL clubs would love the Devils involved.We have so many historical rivalries from the likes of Telford,Swindon and latterly Basingstoke and I'm sure the away following would be way bigger than most teams.
From a travel point of view it would be a dream for us as up and down the M4 corridor as opposed to a life on the roads up north.

Exactly John. I think the furthest away trip would probably be Peterborough, but even that would only be 4-5 hours on a coach as oppose to 10+ hours now.

OTHER THAN MANCHESTER and SHEFFIELD, not really that local