Paul Bissonnette.......

Koop11

A couple of weeks ago was a real opportunity to bring in some cover to help push for a league challenge. Whilst we are still not out of the race by a long shot, the injuries and tiredness is clearly kicking in and it’s now affecting our results. Our performances of late have the look of a good team that is running out of gas.

I feel that with this huge schedule just started we urgently need support. Guys like Hendrix are clearly struggling (injured?) and are not having the impact they were. We look mentally drained. I think another body right now would go a long way. Whilst I don’t think we have made money this season (can you in a tent like ours?!), I think the crowds are probably up on what they expected. I’ve seen more merchandise on fans this year than ever before. A CC quarter final and now semi final will be two more gates for us to reap.

In some respects we are not quite there as a league title winning team but to give this year’s loyal fan base something to cheer until the end of the season would be fantastic. I’ve never favoured us for the league this year and still don’t but we will certainly have a say in who does. Where we have a huge opportunity to win some silverware in the CC but at the moment I am not favouring us against a rejuvenated Coventry.

zoesdevil

Koop11 said:
A couple of weeks ago was a real opportunity to bring in some cover to help push for a league challenge. Whilst we are still not out of the race by a long shot, the injuries and tiredness is clearly kicking in and it’s now affecting our results. Our performances of late have the look of a good team that is running out of gas.

I feel that with this huge schedule just started we urgently need support. Guys like Hendrix are clearly struggling (injured?) and are not having the impact they were. We look mentally drained. I think another body right now would go a long way. Whilst I don’t think we have made money this season (can you in a tent like ours?!), I think the crowds are probably up on what they expected. I’ve seen more merchandise on fans this year than ever before. A CC quarter final and now semi final will be two more gates for us to reap.

In some respects we are not quite there as a league title winning team but to give this year’s loyal fan base something to cheer until the end of the season would be fantastic. I’ve never favoured us for the league this year and still don’t but we will certainly have a say in who does. Where we have a huge opportunity to win some silverware in the CC but at the moment I am not favouring us against a rejuvenated Coventry.
I'm pretty sure that a certain Mr. R said to break even all we needed was something like 1600 fans in BBT & we've been getting over 2000 in almost every game, that's approx more than £5000 per game extra revenue, so I'm guessing theyve made some money back, especially with increased shirt sales & merchandise!? Quote me if I'm wrong please people.

Devil94

A lot of players aren't having the same effect as they were early on in the season, and there are ones I'd pick struggling more than Hendrikx. Marsh, Haddad, Bowns, Dougie and even Martin have not been great lately. We often see an individual player having a blip, but there's a few recently not playing their best.

Finny

I was thinking we must have made quite a bit of money this season. Then I remembered that a large number of season tickets were bought under Ragan and as a result that money was almost certainly used to pay off last season's debts.

So the new management probably started the season with a fraction of the season ticket money they should have had and were probably expecting a big loss in this first year.

bb1

It really isn't fair on the guys who are carrying injuries or feel drained. We are still in a good position despite the losses.

If I recall, I remember Steve King saying that 'Todd and the team will get whatever they need if guys become injured' plus he also said that 'if we are in a position to win something we will GO FOR IT'.

Well we are close to it all at the moment. We can still do it but a few guys need a rest. Crowds are beyond what was expected plus the extra revenue from CC leg is a bonus which Todd would not have accounted for at start of season.

I don't think its a question of weather our owners will fund a new import or two (they certainly will IMO) I think it's firstly down to Lordo then Todd will step in if he think we need to bring players in.

Well I think it's time to look at this esp as rumour has it Walton may be missing triple header due to his wife expecting as well as injuries to other players.

It's an emotional roller coaster after all for both fans and players and the one thing both want is TROPHIES. The excuses of not bringing in a player because of team cohesion and who do we drop are no longer viable. Time to act now and be fair on the guys who are struggling through injuries etc...

Gospel

I said a couple of weeks ago i felt we needed an extra body & the recent performances i think prove that. We are never going to win every game but the performances have dropped off the cliff from only a month ago.

The crazy schedule we now have, including what could become a nightmare triple header, will take a massive toll on the guys.

Maybe Lord, Franny, Todd are saying we dont need extra bodies, who knows, but if they are maybe they need to revisit their thoughts.

Maybe the guys on the ice have their minds elsewhere, ie, the cup semi against the Chavs. Maybe they are saving themselves for those games.

Whatever the reason it needs to be resolved asap as all the good work in getting the new fans in will tail off very very quickly!

zoesdevil said:
Koop11 said:

I'm pretty sure that a certain Mr. R said to break even all we needed was something like 1600 fans in BBT & we've been getting over 2000 in almost every game, that's approx more than £5000 per game extra revenue, so I'm guessing theyve made some money back, especially with increased shirt sales & merchandise!? Quote me if I'm wrong please people.

Sorry Carl but Mr R spoke utter bollocks, 1600 to break even paying himself and the dope good salaries so it may actually be less, but seriously wouldn't base any forecasts on anything he said

zoesdevil

jodysstillagirlsname said:
zoesdevil said:
Koop11 said:

Sorry Carl but Mr R spoke utter bollocks, 1600 to break even paying himself and the dope good salaries so it may actually be less, but seriously wouldn't base any forecasts on anything he said
But what I'm trying to say is, the new owners should still be making a good profit from games so far this season to help with 1 or 2 new additions, I knew he talked bollocks anyway! ;)

I'd imagine since the intention of the new team was not to win silver in the first yr then wasting money on bringing in new flesh may just not happen. Next yr will be the right time to reasses , building a stronger team, capable of competing on larger ice and finishing the season strong. Your not going to rest half the team by bringing in an extra player, you also have all the decent players staying in place, the avaliablity of decent flesh at this point is a long shot.

Gazza272

Has the Transfer deadline for ITC's not passed? January 31st used to be the cut off point. I know they extended it last season for the international break, is it still mid Feb for this year?

SteveKing

We're definitely looking at it, folks. I love the team that the boys have put together but there is always room for a boost and we're not afraid to do it. Just to be clear, this also does not have anything to do with the disappointing results of the last two weeks. We've been talking about it well before then. If a player becomes available between now and the 14th, we'd be open to it. I meant what I said about winning hardware being the first priority. Given the quality of people in the lineup, it would have to be someone exceptional though.

Steve

Wannabe2

So good to have owners who are honest, up front, and mean what they say, we are all in this together and that's what will see us through to future glory days.This club has a great future we all feel that, and it feels mighty good.
Happy Hockey Days.

mazza03

SteveKing said:
We're definitely looking at it, folks. I love the team that the boys have put together but there is always room for a boost and we're not afraid to do it. Just to be clear, this also does not have anything to do with the disappointing results of the last two weeks. We've been talking about it well before then. If a player becomes available between now and the 14th, we'd be open to it. I meant what I said about winning hardware being the first priority. Given the quality of people in the lineup, it would have to be someone exceptional though.

Steve
It's so good to have owners that care, long may you reign :D

SteveKing said:

Steve
A-FREAKING-MEN TO THAT!

Think we are just so used to rubbish owners that the true epicness of having hockey fans as owners is still I bit hard to get our heads around! Haha!

All hail the king and co!

bb1

I love the fact Steve uses the inferno and interacts with us in the most positive way. We certainly all are 110% confident that our owners will help lead us to the long awaited trophies very soon.

Just so you know Steve Dustin Penner and Boyd Kane are free agents ;)

Would be amazing to see a couple of guys like this in Cardiff one day. I wonder I'd Steve could convince Big Ern (Brian Mcgratten) over here too. Would love to see the look of Finner, Frank and Fitzgeralds faces :lol:

voth26

SteveKing said:

Steve
We have no doubts about that Steve, also good to see you recognise the hard work the players we currently have, have put in. So refreshing to have open and honest owners, instead of a lying bathplug

Biz has signed a standard players contract with the Monarchs so he wouldn't have been over this season anyway. Here's hoping for next year :RAWK