Paul Bissonnette.......

drainage

Biz playing for us or against us ? No brainer ........for me if he comes to UK has to be to us

As many said we have had injuries bans etc having the extra import would be great having Biz better .......couldn't stand to see him in orange or teal!

DevilDom

Too late to edit, but I am not against signing him if he wants to come and it is to add depth. Would have to be very carefully managed though which I'm sure Lord and Todd would be fully aware of and capable of doing.

jimmy snels

I'm sorry but it's an absolute no brainer for me. Was our best player when he was here at a stretch! Ran PP, added real toughness, can play D or forward and was brilliant at selling the club.
As has been mentioned we're always carrying knocks, got someone suspended or someone is ill. This weekend lordo was carrying a niggle and hendrikx was hurting. Would be amazing to have someone of Biz's stature come in and truly rock the league. Not sure who our scrapper would be mind.... we've got about 8 game players already :lol:

Ocko

The long term benefits of having an extra import would be huge. So many players carry knocks and niggles, only a serious injury usually keeps a player out in this league. In North America players are healthy scratches all the time and it seems to work for them. I'm sure if it came to a completely fit and healthy squad Lord may bench himself, although a shame as he is one of our most influential players, he would probably gain a lot for his own coaching development.

Finny

I'm not surprised that people are questioning whether signing Biz would be a good thing or not. We're on a great run and have a great team spirit and there is a worry that could be affected by bringing someone else in.

But the fact that the players seemed excited about the prospect of him joining us before suggests he was good for team spirit last time. And although we are on a great run I still think we would need an extra 'something' if we were to challenge for the league title.

13 imports would mean someone sitting out every game, but as others have mentioned there are always players carrying slight injuries.

Of our 26 games so far we have only iced a full team 5 times!!!!
And of those 21 games short-benched 18 were because of injury. It should also be pointed out that of the 5 games we've been full strength we have won them all.

If Biz wants to wait and see if he gets another AHL contract - so be it. I wouldn't be surprised if he waits until after Xmas or New Year before making a decision to go elsewhere. But if we are able to sign him - I'd go for it. After all if it doesn't work out we can always released him and use the "Too expensive to keep" option.

But one reason why I'd love to see him here is because we now have Todd Kelman. As much as we 'exploited' Biz last time it was mainly within our hockey fanbase. I'd love to see what Kelman could do with a personality like Biz to promote ourselves throughout the local area.

voth26

Martynwo said:
If we signed him, who would / deserve to be benched from this roster, I'd think twice about signing him.
I could see the squealers signing him or Blighter may try and persuade him to go to Dundee.
Stranger things have happened though
No one deserves to be benched, id love biz here but not if its going to change the dynamics of the team, and upset the team morale and everything thats good at the moment

Have Hope#35

voth26 said:
Martynwo said:
If we signed him, who would / deserve to be benched from this roster, I'd think twice about signing him.
I could see the squealers signing him or Blighter may try and persuade him to go to Dundee.
No one deserves to be benched, id love biz here but not if its going to change the dynamics of the team, and upset the team morale and everything thats good at the moment
Firstly I agree that no one deserves to be benched, having said that I'd like to think that Lord, Franny & Kelman would determine Player opinion before we rush into offering Biz another contract... However this discussion must have taken place last time as we were going to sign Biz and carry the extra import once Hudson returned fit! We would have been in exactly the same position/dilemma now if Bissonnette hadn't got an offer from Portland... The last thing we want is him signing for one of our rivals, and he'd make the perfect addition for next season when the import limit is increased! I say bring him in if he wants to be here.

drainage

mazza03 said:
Surely if we have an import banned we have to play short and can't replace? :)
True but would give us the chance to rest another import if ban was long ..... Players have to commit to more ice time when there's a ban it's bound to have an effect

voth26

Have Hope#35 said:
voth26 said:
Martynwo said:
Firstly I agree that no one deserves to be benched, having said that I'd like to think that Lord, Franny & Kelman would determine Player opinion before we rush into offering Biz another contract... However this discussion must have taken place last time as we were going to sign Biz and carry the extra import once Hudson returned fit! We would have been in exactly the same position/dilemma now if Bissonnette hadn't got an offer from Portland... The last thing we want is him signing for one of our rivals, and he'd make the perfect addition for next season when the import limit is increased! I say bring him in if he wants to be here.
Very true, im not saying dont sign biz, as i said i would love to see him in a devils shirt again but it would be a shame if things went boobs up(polite version lol) and players wanted to leave as i wouldnt want to see any of this team leave or be gassed or team morale drop. if a deal can be done and ALL the current players are kept happy and we kick on from the level we are at now then happy days lets get biz back in the BBT then it really will rock 100% more im sure

When he "signed" recently didn't we still have a full roster anyway? Surely things had been put in place to ensure everyone would be happy should he have come over. Could w whist roll with the previous plan that if assume was in place.
I think if we can sign him and keep everyone happy with a rotation system we will be, on paper unbeatable! That blue line is somewhere that no one will want to cross!

bb1

The guys were buzzing last time we thought we signed him. Can only see it as a positive for team morale, it looks like Craig Shostak is loving all the hype around Biz and has said on twitter that we will pretty much try and get him back. Words to those effect anyway

Sheincar

noodlesboy said:
When he "signed" recently didn't we still have a full roster anyway? Surely things had been put in place to ensure everyone would be happy should he have come over. Could w whist roll with the previous plan that if assume was in place.
I think if we can sign him and keep everyone happy with a rotation system we will be, on paper unbeatable! That blue line is somewhere that no one will want to cross!
Yes we had a full roster but Hudson was injured. I have mixed feelings as am not keen on potentially disrupting a squad firing on all cylinders.

I'm 60/40 on this one. On one hand, Biz could only make en EIHL team better, I'd rather it be us than Sheffield. If we're carrying some knocks or have a different game plan for certain opponents, then why not carry the extra body? Crowds are up, the fans want it, the owners want it and I'm sure the GM will want it to reap the marketing benefits. He can cover D or Forward and who's to say he won't go elsewhere before the end of the year?

On the other hand, nobody deserves dropping from the team. Especially after the best performances of the year in which everybody put it on the line to win.

With Deeds being brought in as cover for Mosienko's suspension, was that a special case in that he was banned by IIHF and not EIHL, given he never played a competitive game for them?

I'd take Biz back, just to keep him from Sheffield. But I agree with Finny about challenging. If we really want to push for the big bowl, I feel we need a little extra to get us over the line. If Biz is that player, even at the chance of upsetting somebody, it's worth the gamble in my eyes.

Gazza272

Any team should be looking to make themselves better.

Biz will make this team better ability wise. If he's willing to come over as he was earlier in the year we have to do it.

Our group seems pretty switched on and there are no visible ego's that I can see. I'm sure they will know that his presence will make us a better hockey team that we can all benefit from.

Would love for it to happen.

Biz thought it was noisy for his home debut in the tent, when most of us hadn't seen him play before. I am reaching for my ear plugs just thinking what it would be like if he does come back

Gaz G

Steve King said at the meet the owners event that if TK went to him with any questions re the team...his answer would always be "go for the championship". If we were to sign biz, i for one think we would be doing just that.

wildthing74

Gaz G said:
Steve King said at the meet the owners event that if TK went to him with any questions re the team...his answer would always be "go for the championship". If we were to sign biz, i for one think we would be doing just that.
Have to agree with this. Yes the team is going great but injuries are always around the corner and knowing Lordo I think he would sit himself to let the boys play if we had a full complement if we brought in Biz.

We would sell out every game for weeks with Biz.

Gospel

We still have more than half the season to play and we have picked up lots of niggles/injuries thus far due to the style of hockey we play these days. The more we climb the league table the tougher the games will become physically thus adding more injuries & niggles.

I can see signing Biz as a massive plus, only down side i can think of is fans not being able to get tickets to get to the games!