Parking cost rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I have just seen on Twitter a new news feed that advised the parking cost at the rink for next season will be £2 and the pool will be £5.

Im sorry first the tickets go up and now the parking. Do you want to make a family night out any more expensive.

I saw some people saying the swimming pool will be £5. Have they got a fixed price for everyone now as previously its just been a bloke there for the hockey so how do people know the price?

Charging full price for a friendly, now the increase in parking bearing in mind there are limited alternatives, as family we will be lucky if we get any change from £60 on match night. Beginning to think th club are testing fans loyalty...again!

Slartibartfast

Sorry Im not a negative poster (check my history) but this is a bad move. I know its only an extra pound but this could be the final straw for some fans who are struggling financially.
To find out that the pool is going to load their prices to force you into the pot holed rink car park is a bit much for me.
Incidentally I have always paid the pound and parked in the rink car park in the past

Hopefully the new team will be worth the price increases. Time will tell. Could someone explain why the pool car park has increased so much? Thought the pool took the money not DCF.

Allcorn said:
Hopefully the new team will be worth the price increases. Time will tell. Could someone explain why the pool car park has increased so much? Thought the pool took the money not DCF.
According to the article posted on the club website they are working in partnership with the DCF and the club. My thoughts are it's to encourage you to park in pothole hell!

I think you don't have to pay anything if you don't want to as its a suggested donation & you can't be forced to hand over cash to someone who doesn't actually own the car park!

Kipper

I just pity the poor sod who is put on car park duty to collect the cash.Whatever he is paid (if he is) won't be enough for the abuse he'll get

It would be nice to know if this payment is still an optional donation or a fixed fee.
In the past its been a donation of £1 which i don't mind DONATING. If they start trying to actually charge people £2 to park in the wasteland they call a car park then it's a bit of a joke.
I understand the ticket price increase and don't mind the £1 donation. A fixed fee to park is wrong though - Parking at the rink should be free while you're using the facilities.
I think the Devils car park is probably just big enough to accommodate everyone when you include the overflow however as soon as they begin work on the new rink, surely the overflow car park will no longer be available so a lot of people will be forced to use the Swimming pool?
My partner sometimes doesn't finish work till 30 mins before face off so we take separate cars - If the Devils car park was already full, we'd be looking at £10 just to park! :roll:
Jog on if you think i'm paying that... Purely on principle!

Great way to get peoples backs up a bit more. Guess they don't care as long as it lines their pockets....

Status
Not open for further replies.