Parking cost rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoda said:
.....if you dont want to pay it stop moaning and park elsewhere, walk or ride a bike. ....
You missed a few options there... Park in the rink car park and donate what want 50p, £1 etc or park there for free if you dont want to donate anything. I have parked in the rink car park on match nights without any donation for 3 years partially because i'm part scottish & tight fisted with it. :D

KaneDevils said:
How about Think before you take your customers for idiots
Man, seriously! The Government takes us for fools on a daily basis. How you planning to combat that! Get a grip fella. :)
We are not customers, we are citizens of the UK and as such pay in to the system. I strongly object to being told by somebody what I have to pay to park on land that someone dosen t own and just as an aside if the £2 increase was on the tickets there would be a 'donation' to the UK gov as it will be going via a charity there will not, read in to that what you will

If the recent travellers had stood at the entrance taking money off you, Would you have paid them? It isn't the amount of donation it is the fact it has been changed to a charge, which I will not be paying and I will still be parking there and the club will be losing the £1 donation that I have been paying for the last three years. This has been poorly handled by the club, not the customers. It is time for some people to 'Get a Grip and realise that the club is not always right'

if you all have such issues with the club and donation/charge why do you all hide behind posts on a forum and not air your views to the right people ?..... I didnt say or claim this or I was right or wrong but the support is welcomed by those who want to pay and help support ice-hockey in Cardiff, we all have and are entitled to choice and opinion, clearly a few people have made theirs on the £2 fee and its really not a big deal in the bigger picture ...... if the council decide to put a pay and display on the site you may well find yourselves paying more than a £2 .....

drainage

Oh for pity's sake can someone not kill this now .... It's been done to death ! More pages on this than the thread welcoming the players !

They new players must think we are lunatics!!

KaneDevils

I strongly object to being told by somebody what I have to pay to park on land that someone dosen t own
But you don't have to, it's optional. :!:

Oh for pity's sake can someone not kill this now .... It's been done to death !
With the greatest respect, why do you continue to read and post on the topic if you have obviously had enough of it?

Kipper

Yoda said:
..... hope the hotels in Nottingham dont raise their prices or tickets dont increase in price by a £1 for playoff weekend .......... I may not pay it and stay home

..... and for the record Kipper the people who ran the juniors for no cost a few years ago did a good job at what was a tough time for the whole club but that said there were few coaches and junior numbers dropped significantly to the point where the U10s had 3/4 players registered at the beginning of the season when it was taken back over by those who run it today. My child was one of these 3/4 and it has taken a few years to build the club back up to healthy numbers. Adam Harding never came through the system he left and went to Swindon during this period of decline at a relatively young age and also went to the states for a couple of years before he came back. The juniors have a lot of talent coming through in the next couple of years and a huge ammount of effort is going into developing this talent from the massive commitments by parents, coaches and players themselves. The club is recognising the young talent but there is still a lot of work to do, in a few years time there is a very real possibility some of this talent will make it onto the devils bench ..... I dont think the fans can really appreciate just how much effort, time and money on the parents part goes into creating a quality British player. Your extra £1 is helping the club secure a future for ice hockey in Cardiff, times are tough for everyone and as others have said if you dont want to pay it stop moaning and park elsewhere, walk or ride a bike. There are very few places you dont pay for parking these days. One less hotdog and beer would pay for three match nights parking .

Let the season begin .........
Only taken you two posts to be patronising or is it just a new user name you are hiding behind.

For the record,I think you will find that the junior numbers dropped significantly because we didn't have a rink but CJIHC managed to keep the club going by organising training sessions in Bristol.It was not ideal but kept junior hockey going for Cardiff at a very difficult time.Don't know where you got the "few coaches" idea? They were all at the regular monthly management meetings along with the team managers.We also benefitted from a top class head coach in Zbynek Sebor for a while.

I am well aware of Adam's background.He started in Cardiff and happily he is back here.You conveniently ignore the points made about how little if any money raised by the DCF actually goes towards offsetting the costs to parents/players.If you bothered to remove your head from the management's backside you might have a more balanced view of matters.

For an increase in overheads from virtually nil to £70k plus per annum, I should hope there are more children feeding through the system nowadays!! Ever thought of being trustee for the DCF so you could be accountable for the expenditure?

drainage

KaneDevils said:
I strongly object to being told by somebody what I have to pay to park on land that someone dosen t own
But you don't have to, it's optional. :!:

Oh for pity's sake can someone not kill this now .... It's been done to death !
With the greatest respect, why do you continue to read and post on the topic if you have obviously had enough of it?
Because if people want to keep on wittering on about this I chose to continue to express my view this is all beyond stupid..... It's called a forum

I want to show not all Devils fans are incapable of being reasonable .... In the vain hope this "issue" will die soon

Kipper

For me the point is this. I have no issues with a charge/donation to park for Devils games. If we want a competetive team, it has to be financed somehow.A mix of sales,sponsorship,donations,fees and charges is obvious. Even as a "Secret Millionaire" I am sure Paul Ragan doesn't have a bottomless pit to draw on.

My bugbear is and always has been since the DCF was set up by Matt Burge and Shannon, that people are led to believe that money donated to the DCF actually goes towards the Juniors.I have yet to see any evidence that it does.If someone can show me evidence that any of it actually does offset the costs of players and parents then I will shut up about it.As someone who has invested a lot of time and commitment in helping the Juniors over the years,I believe I am entitled to have an opinion on this matter.

As I said, the Devils has to be financed somehow. Just be upfront about what the donations are used for.

I understand that the stewards run the carpark for the devils, might be wrong but i'm only stating what i've been told. I know that the head steward has posted on here from time to time and it would be interesting to know what his instructions have been with regards to what to do if someone refuses topay the £2???

Are new/different people with opinion and knowledge not welcome on here Kipper ? I simply stated people must do what they think but the money is welcomed ( maybe it was a little patronising, but no worse than other comments). Training took place in Bristol for six months, it declined in the following couple of years and I pointed out everyone involved did a very good job. If you read my posts carefully I dont mention or claim to want to know anything about the running or finances of the DCF. The money that is donated ends up in the system somewhere helping to finance and secure a future for ice-hockey in Cardiff. And isnt that what we all want ? Your comment about having ones head up the managements arse is not a very pleasant thing to say to someone who may have only just joined the forum.

Finny

Kipper said:
My bugbear is and always has been since the DCF was set up by Matt Burge and Shannon, that people are led to believe that money donated to the DCF actually goes towards the Juniors.I have yet to see any evidence that it does.If someone can show me evidence that any of it actually does offset the costs of players and parents then I will shut up about it.
I thought that most of the money raised by the DCF was going towards supporting the NIHL1 team?
Which before we had the DCF was nowhere near the standard we have now?

Earnie

I too am not bothered what DCF do with the money as long as what was ENL 1 and 2 run successfuly and our Elite team is strong and competative and get paid on time.
The less personal cost to the individuals of our 2nd and 3rd teams the better of course and hopefully DCF can address this.(and be seen to address this)
I was hoping 'parking cost rise' would dissapear off the bottom of the page
-but damn- I have just put it back on top!

I have just had it confirmed in writing by the council that PR has no right to charge for Parking at the rink, there is also no permission for the land to the rear of the rink to be used for parking.

They have until now, turned a blind eye to donations, so there it is Donate if you want to and hold on to your cash if you don't. But you can still park there so forget Morrisons etc

Right. I am going to lock this thread now, purely as I believe it has run its course and has definitely drifted into other waters. If people want to start another thread purely purposed at the activities and spending of the DCF, please feel free. James

Status
Not open for further replies.